Another case proves that the death penalty is wrong

Numbers game .. like .. deaths by guns or some other talking point?

It's common sense .. no system will ever produce ZERO results of "injustice" Maybe we should just get rid of prisons or incarceration because some people get in that are innocent. Shoot .. screw the justice system that addresses a minority of people incorrectly.

Abolish it!
You emotional train wreck. I bet you're all pro life too.

So far all of the wrongly convicted of capital crimes have come from the days before reliable forensic science, including this woman. Today a speedy execution is worthwhile.

There ain't much you and I agree on, but this is one of them. Our justice system is imperfect, killing someone is permanent. Cannot be fixed with time and technology.
Its too bad life in prison does not always mean that

Murders are routinely released from jail

Its too bad life in prison does not always mean that

Murders are routinely released from jail

That doesn't mean kill them. That means life without. I just can't wrap my head around a justice system that says killing is wrong, then kills as punishment.

It's common sense .. no emotion .. like you and others who claim some deaths would be innocent victims .. that's where the emotion is. Cheers!
DNA results got lots of people off death row. You know that innocent people got killed by the state. That's just facts. And that you don't care is a fact too.

There is no guarantee that life without means life without

Um, yea. It should. Still doesn't mean kill them.

190 people, so far, have been exonerated from death row. This should absolutely mean something to you, but it doesn't.

2014 study shows that 4% of everyone on death row is INNOCENT.

Let's hope you don't find yourself wrongfully accused on death row one day. It might take that to change your mind, though.

Last edited:
Any penalty is wrong when wrongfully convicted.

That said -- while I'm okay with the death penalty for crimes such as murder that deserve the death penalty, people are wrongly convicted often enough that I am for doing away with the death penalty for life in prison. And if there is a death penalty, it should be reserved for cases with overwhelming evidence in which there is absolutely no doubt.
There was overwhelming evidence in this case..

childish .. like suddenly caring about spending?

We could just hang or shoot them in a matter of months, especially with the advancement of science in DNA, digital forensics and other advancements.
When the police decide the guilt of a black man, they can and will plant DNA evidence to convict.

That can be acceptable to white America due to racism.

DNA evidence isn't a sure indication of guilt or innocence.

I favor the death penalty. It will lessen overcrowding in prison and prevent repeat crimes.

When the police decide the guilt of a black man, they can and will plant DNA evidence to convict.

That can be acceptable to white America due to racism.

DNA evidence isn't a sure indication of guilt or innocence.
Nonsense.

Nonsense.
It serves to increase the number of wrongly convicted Americans on death row.

If police officers such as Chauvin can murder black men in public, who would suggest that their kind wouldn't plant evidence?

Since the acceptance of DNA evidence as being the final word, the wrongly convicted per centage on death rows has increased dramatically in America.

Um, yea. It should. Still doesn't mean kill them.

190 people, so far, have been exonerated from death row. This should absolutely mean something to you, but it doesn't.

2014 study shows that 4% of everyone on death row is INNOCENT.

Let's hope you don't find yourself wrongfully accused on death row one day. It might take that to change your mind, though.
4% is a very small number

It too bad that it isnt zero

but more innocent lives are spared by the DP than lost

No, America's system is proven to be the least successful of all modern countries.

The most extreme opposite of America's failure is Norway.

No, America's system is proven to be the least successful of all modern countries.

The most extreme opposite of America's failure is Norway.
I dont live in norwsy just as you dont live in America

We should all mind our own business

That's the GUESS. Since we KNOW there have been innocent people killed by our justice system, there is no way to know the true number.

So it's ok if we kill innocent people, just so its a small number? How many is ok? Lets talk raw data here. Give me a number. How many innocent people is it ok to kill via our "justice" system?

That's the GUESS. Since we KNOW there have been innocent people killed by our justice system, there is no way to know the true number.
So it's ok if we kill innocent people, just so its a small number? How many is ok? Lets talk raw data here. Give me a number. How many innocent people is it ok to kill via our "justice" system?
Unfortunately yes

There is no other way to make sure the other 96 never kill again

Forum List

Back