And now it starts. Congress should legalize cannabis now—for the economy and for social justice

james bond

Gold Member
Oct 17, 2015
giphy.gif

"Over the course of 2020, Congress has at times acted quickly to stop the hemorrhaging of American jobs lost to the pandemic fallout. And at other times, including now, Congress has fiddled over the contents of massive relief packages. One thing is certain: As cases continue to surge nationwide, American families facing grave uncertainty have found little relief.

Meanwhile, for minorities, particularly hard-hit by the pandemic both in terms of health and economics, the long-simmering and systemic scourge of racial inequality has erupted into nationwide demonstrations. Millions of Americans have marched in the streets for social justice, despite our dual public health and economic crises, risking personal health as cases surge.

The new Congress, and the incoming Biden-Harris administration, certainly have a lot to consider. But there’s one move they could make that could address America’s economic and social problems simultaneously: the legalization of cannabis."

I'll bet it never happens. Yes it should but the government giving up control is not something either party is eager to do.

we are waiting on the self righteous big brother Republican senators will pass the bill and start the end of another failed war America has waged and try to put people's lives back together that the over reaching Repubs and Dems police state destroyed..

giphy.gif

"Over the course of 2020, Congress has at times acted quickly to stop the hemorrhaging of American jobs lost to the pandemic fallout. And at other times, including now, Congress has fiddled over the contents of massive relief packages. One thing is certain: As cases continue to surge nationwide, American families facing grave uncertainty have found little relief.

Meanwhile, for minorities, particularly hard-hit by the pandemic both in terms of health and economics, the long-simmering and systemic scourge of racial inequality has erupted into nationwide demonstrations. Millions of Americans have marched in the streets for social justice, despite our dual public health and economic crises, risking personal health as cases surge.

The new Congress, and the incoming Biden-Harris administration, certainly have a lot to consider. But there’s one move they could make that could address America’s economic and social problems simultaneously: the legalization of cannabis."

Actually DECRIMINALIZE is a better idea at the federal level.

It was once unregulated, then it was criminalized at the Federal level, now it can be returned to its original status, decriminalized status once again, then unregulated....

Drugs are regulated at both the state and federal level. I think it's time for Congress to wake up and smell the coffee. The continued federal criminalization of marijuana no longer serves a good purpose and should be ended immediately.

The benefit would be that marijuana businesses could put their money in the bank and fully join the legal economy.

Prohibition was Repealed for a very good reason. It promoted the general malfare not the general welfare.

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

Drugs are regulated at both the state and federal level. I think it's time for Congress to wake up and smell the coffee. The continued federal criminalization of marijuana no longer serves a good purpose and should be ended immediately.

The benefit would be that marijuana businesses could put their money in the bank and fully join the legal economy.

Why would they want to do that? If I am pushing grass in front of a local high school, why sign up to pay taxes?

Why would they want to do that? If I am pushing grass in front of a local high school, why sign up to pay taxes?
So you don't get shot by your competitor for standing on his street corner.

Cannabis should be sold anywhere alcohol and tobacco are sold.

As long as they enforce criminalization of public use.
Start with alcohol and tobacco first.
We’ve already criminalized tobacco in many places. People don’t pour alcohol into others bodies in public with impunity. When they try they get busted. Now we have to apply those standards to pot.

Cannabis should be sold anywhere alcohol and tobacco are sold.

So you want it sold in Walmart?

Forum List

Back