And now it starts. Congress should legalize cannabis now—for the economy and for social justice

Drugs are regulated at both the state and federal level. I think it's time for Congress to wake up and smell the coffee. The continued federal criminalization of marijuana no longer serves a good purpose and should be ended immediately.

The benefit would be that marijuana businesses could put their money in the bank and fully join the legal economy.

Why would they want to do that? If I am pushing grass in front of a local high school, why sign up to pay taxes?
Cannabis should be sold anywhere alcohol and tobacco are sold.

So you want it sold in Walmart?

What I want sold in Walmart are hemp based products such as clothing, rope and paper, all far superior to cotton.

Hemp is a lot pricier than cotton or synthetic fibers, and Walmart shoppers are interested in being frugal.

You'd do better to try and get Ralph Lauren or other designers to release hemp clothes. Sounds practical I guess, after you get tired of your hemp necktie you can just roll it up and smoke it

Really?

Where is the evidence?

Do you know WHY Hemp was declared illegal in 1937?

Fear of Mexican immigrants.

And let's remember, while there is no taxonomical difference between hemp and marijuana, hemp is not likely to get anyone stoned...

Hemp was declared illegal in 1937, WHY?

Paper and cotton.

I forget who owned the trees and cotton but some very wealthy people didn't want the competition from hemp.

So they paid off politicians to make it illegal.

Trees ended up being the standard to make paper.

Cotton ended up being the standard to make clothes. At least at the time. Now polyester synthetics make most of our clothing.

Up until nixon it was just a misdemeanor offense.

When nixon didn't like all those people protesting him at the White House he had to find a way around the constitution to stop them.

So he had his AG at the time reclassify marijuana to a schedule 1 controlled substance. Making it a federal felony to have, grow or sell it.
Think of the environmental impact alone of 100 years of tree loss and paper mill pollution that could have been completely avoided.

I know. You're singing to the choir.

Our Declaration of Independence was written on paper made from hemp.

People are for freedom as long as it fits their morals. They are not people I would ever help if their lives depended upon it.

Drugs are regulated at both the state and federal level. I think it's time for Congress to wake up and smell the coffee. The continued federal criminalization of marijuana no longer serves a good purpose and should be ended immediately.

The benefit would be that marijuana businesses could put their money in the bank and fully join the legal economy.

Why would they want to do that? If I am pushing grass in front of a local high school, why sign up to pay taxes?
Cannabis should be sold anywhere alcohol and tobacco are sold.

So you want it sold in Walmart?

What I want sold in Walmart are hemp based products such as clothing, rope and paper, all far superior to cotton.

Hemp is a lot pricier than cotton or synthetic fibers, and Walmart shoppers are interested in being frugal.

You'd do better to try and get Ralph Lauren or other designers to release hemp clothes. Sounds practical I guess, after you get tired of your hemp necktie you can just roll it up and smoke it

Really?

Where is the evidence?

Do you know WHY Hemp was declared illegal in 1937?

Fear of Mexican immigrants.

And let's remember, while there is no taxonomical difference between hemp and marijuana, hemp is not likely to get anyone stoned...

Hemp was declared illegal in 1937, WHY?

Paper and cotton.

I forget who owned the trees and cotton but some very wealthy people didn't want the competition from hemp.

So they paid off politicians to make it illegal.

Trees ended up being the standard to make paper.

Cotton ended up being the standard to make clothes. At least at the time. Now polyester synthetics make most of our clothing.

Up until nixon it was just a misdemeanor offense.

When nixon didn't like all those people protesting him at the White House he had to find a way around the constitution to stop them.

So he had his AG at the time reclassify marijuana to a schedule 1 controlled substance. Making it a federal felony to have, grow or sell it.
Think of the environmental impact alone of 100 years of tree loss and paper mill pollution that could have been completely avoided.

I know. You're singing to the choir.

Our Declaration of Independence was written on paper made from hemp.
No it wasn't. It was written on parchment which is made from animal skin. Look it up before you advertise your ignorance.

Tipsycatlover writes:

No it wasn't. It was written on parchment which is made from animal skin. Look it up before you advertise your ignorance.

Actually the FINAL form was written on parchment of sheepskin, but the DRAFTS were mostly written on Hemp and flax based paper.

We were both partially correct.

Hopefully it would alleviate the population explosion here on the west coast, since so many people poured in from other states when it was legalized here years ago.

Forum List

Back