And it begins: Murkowski to be primaried by Trumpster

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
We knew this was coming, and now Murkowski has to worry. She's just the first -- no doubt we'll be seeing a lot more of this, as Trump will be picking the winners and losers in the GOP primaries.

So the questions going forward will be:

1. How many Trump acolytes will be "primarying" GOP holdovers
2. How many of them will win the party nomination
3. How they'll do in their general elections

Any predictions?

:popcorn:

We knew this was coming, and now Murkowski has to worry. She's just the first -- no doubt we'll be seeing a lot more of this, as Trump will be picking the winners and losers in the GOP primaries.

Any predictions?

Murkowski almost got pushed out in the Teabagger Wave of 2010... when she lost the primary and then won in a write in vote....

The problem here being that so few people participate in primaries that you can get some real nuts.

The Democrats need to recruit a strong candidate for the race and be ready to benefit when the Trumpster acts like a Trumpster.

Yikes! Murkowski is leaking!

There was talk of a party switch for her if the Trumpbots kept being so nasty to her. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

There was talk of a party switch for her if the Trumpbots kept being so nasty to her. Wouldn't that be a hoot?
Yeah, that would be interesting in the general.

I don't know how anyone beats a Trumpster in a primary.
One senator defecting would upset the balance in all of the committees and give the democrats a voting majority in the Senate. She could then run as a democrat against whatever whackadoodle the republicans nominate. Even as a bluff this tactic could give her exceptional leverage for the rest of her term and a fair amount of campaign cash.

Yeah, that would be interesting in the general.

I don't know how anyone beats a Trumpster in a primary.
One senator defecting would upset the balance in all of the committees and give the democrats a voting majority in the Senate. She could then run as a democrat against whatever whackadoodle the republicans nominate. Even as a bluff this tactic could give her exceptional leverage for the rest of her term and a fair amount of campaign cash.
So you're saying do it NOW. Interesting. You never know.

Was wondering if she had a shot as an Independent?

I think that's how she beat the Teabagger in 2016, I thought he won the primary. All of those who voted to impeach will get primaried, they likely all expect this. Only a tiny fraction opted out of the Trump Cult.

Sen. Murkowski is a Biden partisan, she voted for the phony impeachment against Trump. I don't see how the Republican Party in Alaska can nominate someone who is so antagonistic to the top of the presumptive 2024 Presidential ticket. Its going to be tough for the party to win with this kind of division.

Any predictions?

:popcorn:

She'll win.

Forum List

Back