An Interesting Picture... Discuss.

I'm pretty sure you're one of those who would have defended him. But i'm not blaming you, it's not your fault. Authority-Worship is all most Americans know. Fear cripples and brings most to their knees to praise Big Brother.

you make too many assumptions
Do you not agree there has been an excessive amount of militarization of American law enforcement in recent years? What this picture reveals is we don't know if we're looking at police or at an army in our streets.

What you are looking at is potential. How do you like it?

when i was a kid

a devastating tornado came through town

the national guard patrolled the streets

and guarded every corner

and stayed around for quite a long time

so do not know if there is more

or is different

however we have seen abuses of power

by in such actions

like the disarming of folks

in the aftermath of Katrina

Well, the READ question here is the use of armed military personnel in a United States town.
Anybody here heard of the Posse Comitatus Act? Look it up.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=796UFHldHM4]watertownshooting2 - YouTube[/ame]

Also, there is no information about the "Wu" person. Do they have access to multiple firearms and or bombs of any kind.
Those who are deeply questioning the motives to surround the area to stop an individual that tossed bombs and shot multiple times at the police have no idea of what training and what is needed in said situation.
Put all the variables into this and they, maybe, will understand why.

Just out of curiosity, how many cops would you think it takes to seal of an area of 4.2 square miles, containing 32,000 people, and conduct a house to house search?

I think what was really annoying is if you were following on the police scanners and the minute by minute updates, the cops were largely clueless in the several hours following the initial gun fight. Those house to house searches started occurring many hours after any contact with the suspect and seemed to be a last ditch effort to look like they were doing something in front of the TV cameras. The authorities were really close to looking like goddamn idiots and having major potential law suits for infringing on peoples' rights if a citizen didn't wander into their backyard to smoke a cigarette. If the suspect slipped the martial law imposed on Watertown and escaped which he had amble time to do if he wasn't wounded, this would've been a clusterfuck of epic proportion.

And at the end of the day these dumb motherfucking pigs with all their fancy toys and guns really didn't do a goddamn thing.

The Boston metro area encompasses 4600 square miles and has 4 1/2 million people in it. If you think it's so damn easy to just go out and find someone, let me see you prove it.

Here's a name from the Boston phone book. I've cut you some slack and chosen an unusual name, like the suspects have: June Wu

Your time starts now. See how fast you can find her. And, I don't mean just tell me her address, I want you to GO to where she is and take a picture of her.

408583_10200197784841267_1675068214_n.jpg

:)

peace...

All I know is that you gun crazed defenders of freedom better start buying some way bigger guns if you plan on going to war with these guys.

That's exactly the point I've been trying to make all along.
I cannot trust my "protector" to be more well-armed than I.

When the black SUVs (or HumVees, in this case) pull up in my driveway I want to have a fighting chance
:D

I think what was really annoying is if you were following on the police scanners and the minute by minute updates, the cops were largely clueless in the several hours following the initial gun fight. Those house to house searches started occurring many hours after any contact with the suspect and seemed to be a last ditch effort to look like they were doing something in front of the TV cameras. The authorities were really close to looking like goddamn idiots and having major potential law suits for infringing on peoples' rights if a citizen didn't wander into their backyard to smoke a cigarette. If the suspect slipped the martial law imposed on Watertown and escaped which he had amble time to do if he wasn't wounded, this would've been a clusterfuck of epic proportion.

And at the end of the day these dumb motherfucking pigs with all their fancy toys and guns really didn't do a goddamn thing.

The Boston metro area encompasses 4600 square miles and has 4 1/2 million people in it. If you think it's so damn easy to just go out and find someone, let me see you prove it.

Here's a name from the Boston phone book. I've cut you some slack and chosen an unusual name, like the suspects have: June Wu

Your time starts now. See how fast you can find her. And, I don't mean just tell me her address, I want you to GO to where she is and take a picture of her.

Okay, can I have 9,000 inept police officers and the ability to kick in every citizen's door from here to Beth Israel Hosp-Neurosurgery hospital where she works?

Oh, no! You've got to show us how easy it is to find someone.

The results of the Patriot Act.
In America, you are no longer innocent until proven guilty.
You are now, Guilty till proven innocent in the eyes of law enforcement.

All I know is that you gun crazed defenders of freedom better start buying some way bigger guns if you plan on going to war with these guys.
he didn't shoot ...what he is doing is securing the perimeter from attacks or ambushes.

That may have been his intention but what he is doing is violating the law and violating the most basic rule of firearms safety: "Never point a weapon at anything you don't intend to destroy." As I said earlier-assault with a deadly weapon.
And that boy best get that out of his system before he runs into someone who takes serious exception to being threatened.

Why is the guy in the tank aiming his rifle at someone taking pics from their window????

Another question is why the "police" are using a Humvee on Boston streets?
What happened to using regular Police cars? Just not the police force the American public is used too.

What happened to using regular Police cars? Just not the police force the American public is used too.

So....you have cops looking for a couple of guys who set off bombs which killed and maimed dozens of people and threw additional bombs at them....and you want the cops looking for them in an un-armored Dodge Charger?

How generous of you.

So....you have cops looking for a couple of guys who set off bombs which killed and maimed dozens of people and threw additional bombs at them....and you want the cops looking for them in an un-armored Dodge Charger?

How generous of you.

So.. you have a couple of guys who set off bombs hiding in a residential neighborhood after they killed and maimed a lot of people.. and you want the people to protect themselves with less firepower??

How generous of you

See how that works??

How generous of you.

So in your mind it is just find for the police to treat an American city like it was Kabul Afghanistan. Listen Boston is not a war zone, the "police" over reacted in a big way.

Forum List

Back