An Ann Coulter low

So, now that you've been called out you can't back yourself up. What a surprise.

I answered your question. It was not wrong to merely use the term. I then asked if you wanted to debate whether the term applied to liberals. Rather than answer my question like an adult, you regressed the conversation backwards and then to insults. I don't care if that's your attitude.

Coulter tweet:

Been busy, but is Obama STILL talking about that video? I had no idea how crucial the retarded vote is in this election.

I learned about it here:

Dad demands apology from Ann Coulter for using 'retarded' as an insult - TODAYMoms

I've defended her in the past. Getting kind of tired of it. Not funny at all, Ms. Coulter.

Dad does not have the right to demand an apology.
Agreed. "Rights" are not defined by political correctness.

Now I understand that people do not like the word retarded because it carries baggage implying that someone is ...well mentally retarded.

I happen to know this because I was taken to task by a parent of a child who is retarded for using the term to describe that condition and they were highly insulted that I didn't use their more proper term for it

But retarded was a label invented to remove the former scientific labels: idiot, imbecile and moron when describing idiots, imbeciles and morons.

So we am informed that the more politically correct, non-insulting terminology that is acceptable in nice company is developmentally challenged?

Okay.

But how long before that phrase becomes a no-no, too?

Here's a thought: we cannot make people well by just inventing new less insulting phrases that describe their conditions.

Here's another thought..

It's not the words that are insulting its the malice behind them.

And no change in word useage is going to change that human behaviors where people use such terms to insult people who are NOT suffering from those conditions, either.

Here's what I think...its not an insult to call a spade a spade and changing the word for spade to something else won't make the public NOT NOTICE a spade IS a spade when they see one.

Coulter tweet:

Been busy, but is Obama STILL talking about that video? I had no idea how crucial the retarded vote is in this election.

I learned about it here:

Dad demands apology from Ann Coulter for using 'retarded' as an insult - TODAYMoms

I've defended her in the past. Getting kind of tired of it. Not funny at all, Ms. Coulter.

Sadly, Coulter has found she gets more attention saying outrageous things rather than making reasoned arguments, which she used to do.

Coulter tweet:

I learned about it here:

Sadly, Coulter has found she gets more attention saying outrageous things rather than making reasoned arguments, which she used to do.

I am not old enough to remember when she did this.

Coulter tweet:

I learned about it here:

Back in the 1990's, she was pretty much a straight up commentator.

Then she realized that when she called people 'witches' and 'communists', she got a lot more attention. However, only about nine papers still carry her column at this point, mostly she makes money on the sales of angry books and her website.

Coulter tweet:

I learned about it here:

The big question is whether Celebutard Palin will condemn her like she did Rahm Emanuel? If you remember Celebutard Palin anointed herself as the defender of the retarded back then, but defended her MessiahRushie who is quite fond of using the word "celebutard." I predict the hypocrite will say nothing.

August 1, 2008
RUSH: This ad's working. This ad's working. They're not going to throw him under the bus.* He's exactly right.* She looks at the term celebrity as a pejorative.* See, they are so offended. That's why they're out there saying, "This is going to diminish McCain. This is going to make him look small in so many people's eyes."* Wrong.* It's correctly identifying Obama -- and his audience!* His audience is a bunch of celebutards, and he's a celebutard, and they know it.* If they are so concerned about how this is diminishing McCain, then they should ask McCain to keep doing these kind of commercials.* If these commercials hurt McCain, why, they ought to be out there saying, "Great ads, Senator! You need to expand on this theme that Obama is nothing but a celebutard."

November 4, 2008
RUSH:* Well, it depends on the celebutard in order to answer this question.* For example, Oprah. You look at Oprah. She's a billionaire, right?

Last edited:
Coulter tweet:

I learned about it here:

The big question is whether Celebutard Palin will condemn her like she did Rahm Emanuel? If you remember Celebutard Palin anointed herself as the defender of the retarded back then, but defended her MessiahRushie who is quite fond of using the word "celebutard." I predict the hypocrite will say nothing.

August 1, 2008
RUSH: This ad's working. This ad's working. They're not going to throw him under the bus.* He's exactly right.* She looks at the term celebrity as a pejorative.* See, they are so offended. That's why they're out there saying, "This is going to diminish McCain. This is going to make him look small in so many people's eyes."* Wrong.* It's correctly identifying Obama -- and his audience!* His audience is a bunch of celebutards, and he's a celebutard, and they know it.* If they are so concerned about how this is diminishing McCain, then they should ask McCain to keep doing these kind of commercials.* If these commercials hurt McCain, why, they ought to be out there saying, "Great ads, Senator! You need to expand on this theme that Obama is nothing but a celebutard."

November 4, 2008
RUSH:* Well, it depends on the celebutard in order to answer this question.* For example, Oprah. You look at Oprah. She's a billionaire, right?

I don't know........which hollywood celebrity is starting the "Vote 4 Stuff" campaign? I figure if you didn't have idiots like this in the U.S. Obama wouldn't have much of a chance.

Funny Fixx » Blog Archive » VOTE FOR STUFF, VOTE 4 STUFF

Vote 4 Stuff - YouTube

Coulter tweet:

I learned about it here:

I doubt you're old enough to buy a beer...

Forum List

Back