American Healthcare: a Hostage Crisis that's Killing our Economy

Who will have the intelligence, the brass nugs & vitality for TRUE healthcare (economic) reform?

• Hillary

• Carson

• Kasich

• Rubio

• Christie

• Sanders

• Fiorina

• Trump

• Cruz

• Bush

Results are only viewable after voting.
My idea is this... The feds should take over the healthcare insurance industry period, then take those corporate offices over to have the employee's work for the government as a fraud detection agency, along with an accounts managing operation for the citizens and the government ...Then tax every citizen in this nation for a healthcare card that will be issued to every single American, and it will be honored at every legitimate clinic, doctors office and hospital that will be recognized as official or is certified in the nation..... In a pool this large (300 + million strong), the cost to us per week would be miniscule. Prisoners would even have to pay in per week out of their jail or prison work pay and/or rations. Every American would have healthcare insurance, and access to the same healthcare every American in the nation has access too. Choice would lead us to re-install the rights as to where the citizen would be able to take that card and to choose anywhere they wish to use it in our lives (i.e. they can keep their doctors, and their favorite places to get their care if legit). The sales tax idea is good too, but insurance corps need to be taken over for the purpose of incorporating them into the government to use to manage the system just like it is doing today, but haven't been doing in the national interest of the nation and it's citizens.
Why on earth would you give control of an entire industry to an entity that has demonstrated nothing but incompetence.
The only thing they are good at is becoming corrupt.
. Who is the most corrupt, the government or the health insurance industry in which denies people services based upon pre'existing conditions, focuses on profits more so than offering quality plans, charges to much for the plans it offers, denies claims based upon ridiculous criteria used thus casting the claim onto the client or even using it to drop coverage... You want to remain in such a situation or get into one that works for all ?
That's easy, the gov. They are supposed to be the gatekeepers. They can't effectively regulate the private healthcare industry what evidence is there they will be able to manage a single payer system? The results at the VA?
. Simple, the profiteering by the private insurance is taken out of it... That is what needs to happen. Our lives are not to be based upon profits, otherwise as to whether or not we live or die... Period.
And then you end up with the VA.

A better solution wold be for the regulators to do their job. Apply the same anti-trust standards to healthcare like they do to other industries driving prices down to something affordable. The problem is corruption/regulatory capture. It's happens in big pharma, the banks, the food industry ect..it's become ubiquitous. That is the problem with a large powerful central gov. always has been and will be. The founders knew it and tried to prevent it but...

My idea is this... The feds should take over the healthcare insurance industry period, then take those corporate offices over to have the employee's work for the government as a fraud detection agency, along with an accounts managing operation for the citizens and the government ...Then tax every citizen in this nation for a healthcare card that will be issued to every single American, and it will be honored at every legitimate clinic, doctors office and hospital that will be recognized as official or is certified in the nation..... In a pool this large (300 + million strong), the cost to us per week would be miniscule. Prisoners would even have to pay in per week out of their jail or prison work pay and/or rations. Every American would have healthcare insurance, and access to the same healthcare every American in the nation has access too. Choice would lead us to re-install the rights as to where the citizen would be able to take that card and to choose anywhere they wish to use it in our lives (i.e. they can keep their doctors, and their favorite places to get their care if legit). The sales tax idea is good too, but insurance corps need to be taken over for the purpose of incorporating them into the government to use to manage the system just like it is doing today, but haven't been doing in the national interest of the nation and it's citizens.
Why on earth would you give control of an entire industry to an entity that has demonstrated nothing but incompetence.
. Who is the most corrupt, the government or the health insurance industry in which denies people services based upon pre'existing conditions, focuses on profits more so than offering quality plans, charges to much for the plans it offers, denies claims based upon ridiculous criteria used thus casting the claim onto the client or even using it to drop coverage... You want to remain in such a situation or get into one that works for all ?
That's easy, the gov. They are supposed to be the gatekeepers. They can't effectively regulate the private healthcare industry what evidence is there they will be able to manage a single payer system? The results at the VA?
. Simple, the profiteering by the private insurance is taken out of it... That is what needs to happen. Our lives are not to be based upon profits, otherwise as to whether or not we live or die... Period.
So the housing and food industry should be taken over by the gov and made non-profit? Should everyone be given a free weapon for self defense given that "our lives are not based upon profits"? Where do we put the limits and who gets to decide, some bureaucrat?

Couldn't disagree more. It should be like pre-Reagan years with affordable healthcare cost and charity hospitals for the truly poor or for those who have priorities elsewhere.

Why? Should police and fire protection also be privatized? Remember what I said here:

the minute someone goes to sleep at the wheel or takes bribes from lobbiests etc., we'll be right back where we are today. Since healthcare is so vital to human concerns, it cannot be allowed to be in the free market for the masses (the rich can still get their premium care). And that is precisely because the temptation and effectiveness of holding people hostage with their fear of their very life (being deprived essential healthcare) is just too great. Time and again we see such a hostage situation and monopolies will always thrive there.

It's like privatizing fire protection which I guess actually happened in the past. It got to be that houses would just burn down if folks didn't hand over the cash to the firefighters first.

People's lives are "burning down" from health-caused bankruptcies...businesses are "burning down" not being able to compete by having to provide healthcare (and thereby strip other folks of jobs where that money could have gone), our economy is "burning down"....and all of it is happening because of the BigHealth hostage situation..

I get so sick and tired of every argument becoming, "Well, look at this utterly unrelated topic that I have dragged in to pretend it's a valid analogy." What do the police and fire departments have to do with healthcare, other than that lazy, cheap-assed, greedy leftists think that their health is somehow a "public benefit" that should be covered for them by others?

Stick to the fucking topic, and stop with the "THESE things are paid for by taxes, so EVERYTHING I WANT should be covered by taxes! Gimme, gimme, gimme!"

So the housing and food industry should be taken over by the gov and made non-profit? Should everyone be given a free weapon for self defense given that "our lives are not based upon profits"? Where do we put the limits and who gets to decide, some bureaucrat?

Greedy leftist drones who have lots of time for protest marches because they don't have jobs.

A quick Google search turns up over 100,000 articles on the PPACA and the economy.

You'd think just one of the RWs would have the capability to find one that says what they want it to say...

Bernie Sanders is the only one on the list who would even attempt to deviate from the current course.

Not true.

Who else? Or are you saying Bernie wouldn't try to change things either?

Don't you know the candidates' positions on healthcare? Perhaps you should edumacate yourself before you state an opinion.

You know, when you don't have an answer, it's ok to just say "I don't know" and skip the petty insults. It's less typing, and you don't come off as so much of a douchebag.

Last edited:
Here's part of the problem. American is too damn FAT. Walk into any store or restaurant, and I guarantee you over half is overweight. And not just a little overweight either. Hell, we have prime time tv that glamourises obesity. If America can just do the basic things to stay healthy, health care costs will drop dramatically.

Here's part of the problem. American is too damn FAT. Walk into any store or restaurant, and I guarantee you over half is overweight. And not just a little overweight either. Hell, we have prime time tv that glamourises obesity. If America can just do the basic things to stay healthy, health care costs will drop dramatically.

There ya go! We need a fitness mandate.

And it would get worse with tax payer subsidized healthcare for all. People who pay for things with their own hard earned money take better care of them.

NO, but give me a insurance discount for being in shape.

Same thing. Go team!

Same thing. Go team!
A mandate by the gov and an option from a private company to bring your cost down are the same thing?1?

Same thing. Go team!
A mandate by the gov and an option from a private company to bring your cost down are the same thing?1?

Hmm... Nope. I misread. My apologies.

Same thing. Go team!

Hmm... Nope. I misread. My apologies.
No worries, I often misspell.

Couldn't disagree more. It should be like pre-Reagan years with affordable healthcare cost and charity hospitals for the truly poor or for those who have priorities elsewhere.

Why? Should police and fire protection also be privatized? Remember what I said here:

the minute someone goes to sleep at the wheel or takes bribes from lobbiests etc., we'll be right back where we are today. Since healthcare is so vital to human concerns, it cannot be allowed to be in the free market for the masses (the rich can still get their premium care). And that is precisely because the temptation and effectiveness of holding people hostage with their fear of their very life (being deprived essential healthcare) is just too great. Time and again we see such a hostage situation and monopolies will always thrive there.

It's like privatizing fire protection which I guess actually happened in the past. It got to be that houses would just burn down if folks didn't hand over the cash to the firefighters first.

People's lives are "burning down" from health-caused bankruptcies...businesses are "burning down" not being able to compete by having to provide healthcare (and thereby strip other folks of jobs where that money could have gone), our economy is "burning down"....and all of it is happening because of the BigHealth hostage situation..

I get so sick and tired of every argument becoming, "Well, look at this utterly unrelated topic that I have dragged in to pretend it's a valid analogy."

As opposed to your posts, which are predominantly "I'm such a superior being that you're not worth responding to, and yet I've responded anyway."

Now, if you're finished deflecting, why don't you share with us your thoughts on health care? Let me guess: "I've got mine, and fuck the rest of you."

Close?

The problem cost shifting and monopolistic practices by the healthcare industry causing out of control pricing. The regulators have been captured.

You are so dumb regarding health care costs!
1) Doctors tell us they cause $850 billion a year in excess claims paid by insurance companies out of fear of lawsuits.
Proof that they do this is in this study!
http://www.jacksonhealthcare.com/media/8968/defensivemedicine_ebook_final.pdf

90% of physicians surveyed say they order $850 billion a year in wasted duplicate tests, referrals all out of FEAR of being SUED!
Physicians estimate the cost of defensive medicine in US at $650 to $850 billion per year.
--- Emergency medicine, primary care, and OB/GYN physicians are most likely to practice defensive medicine.
--- 79 to 83% of surgeons and OB/GYNs have been named in lawsuits.
"Physicians contracted by the federal government practice significantly less defensive medicine as they are protected against lawsuits by the
1946 Federal Tort Claims Act. "
-- BUT........Only 48% practice defensive medicine compared to 92% of non-government physicians.
Consider that fact that of the physicians interviewed 52% DID NOT practice defensive medicine!
Who were they? Doctors contracted by federal government!
WHY did these doctors NOT practice "defensive medicine"??? 1946 Tort reform!

The insurance companies don't care as they simple raise the premiums.
If lawyers' $270 BILLION a year income was taxed 10% as ACA taxes tanning salons, that $27 billion would provide $5,000 premium for each of the
less then 4 million true Americans that want and need insurance.
Simple fact.

^Ah, the old "tort reform will solve everything" screed. Haven't seen that one in awhile...

And it would get worse with tax payer subsidized healthcare for all.

And yet so many other countries have managed to make it work. Are you suggesting Americans aren't smart enough?

WHAT countries??? The U.S. has 320 million people. 3rd largest.
The only countries larger that work is China and tell me you want China's form of government?

Look anyone who knows anything about health care in other countries knows they are not happy!
Norway 1912 Single Payer 5 million people!
GOVERNMENT HEALTH CARE HORROR STORIES FROM NORWAY
“Go home and go blind!”
Government Health Care Horror Stories from Norway
New Zealand 1938 Two Tier 4 million
New Zealand cuts health spending to control costs
New Zealand’s health-care system is undergoing a series of cutbacks to reduce costs, but critics are concerned that the health of people on low incomes and in some population groups may suffer. Rebecca Lancashire reports in our series on health financing.
WHO | New Zealand cuts health spending to control costs
Japan 1938 Single Payer 127 million
Germany 1941 Insurance Mandate 80 millon
Belgium 1945 Insurance Mandate 11 million

United Kingdom 1948 Single Payer 63 million
NHS may be forced to abandon free healthcare for all, says Britain's top doctor as he warns service needs radical change

Read more: Top doctor warns NHS may be forced to abandon free healthcare for all
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

New Topics

Forum List

Back