American Flag Should Be Removed: Native Americans Offended

Do you think the stars and stripes are too offensive to First Nation Peoples?

• Yes, if the rebel flag offends blacks, then surely the stars & stripes offend Native Americans

• No, Native Americans have grown beyond that symbolism & embrace the flag

• Not sure. But I can see the duplicity in allowing one while removing the other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
Speaking of offensive national symbols..

CNN-Thomas Jefferson Memorial Should be Removed US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Rebel Flag Gone From Stores....Satan Nazi and Communist Paraphernalia Still For Sale US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Native Americans wince at the stars and stripes. I suppose particularly because of the red stripes, which stand for blood shed for that flag. Much of it was from the local tribes who refused to submit, have their women raped, their men and children slaughtered like livestock, their lands stolen & to be enslaved and put in corrals we call today "reservations". Pound for pound I'd say that the Native Americans were treated far worse than blacks. Because at least blacks were valued on plantations as a vital part of the agriculture production. "Injuns" were shot like skeet and mowed down like grass for any or no offense big or small.

The presence of this flag at each and every government institution or office is an instant and scathing reminder to Native Peoples of the oppression they still live with today. But they don't have significant numbers to vote. The smallpox blankets took care of that. So, yeah, won't probably be much of a movement on the left (or the right) to take down the stars and stripes.

Food for thought.. And before you ask, yes, I have Native American blood. Sioux. A little bit anyway.

Last edited:
Can't speak for them, but would hope that the US attempted genocide against them would be the sticking point, not a piece of cloth.

Can't speak for them, but would hope that the US attempted genocide against them would be the sticking point, not a piece of cloth.
Feel the same way about the confederate flag in the south?

Wouldn't pluck a hair one way or the other for any flag. Only flag I'd ever give a shit about is the 'United Earth' one which doesn't exist yet.
That's not the question I asked.

Yes it was. May not be the question you had in mind, but it was what you asked.

If you're thinking, "Do I care if the Confederate flag flies or think it should be taken down?" I honestly don't care either way. I would say though focusing on a flag (a symbol) insetad of what the symbol represents is counterproductive. Ok so they get hte flag taken down. Now what? Is racism over all of a sudden? If not, what's accomplished attacking the symbol? A symbolic victory? Symbolic victories and a quarter will let you make a phone call. :)

Tough. Winner gets to choose the flag.
Your sensitivities towards the sufferings of others flaunted in a flag are overhwelming. (Ravi is a rabid hard-left pro-LGBT regular) If South Carolina's republican senate majority lets the confederate flag stay at the capitol, will you be in support of that motto: "Winner gets to choose the flag"?

Your sensitivities towards the sufferings of others flaunted in a flag are overhwelming. (Ravi is a rabid hard-left pro-LGBT regular) If South Carolina's republican senate majority lets the confederate flag stay at the capitol, will you be in support of that motto: "Winner gets to choose the flag"?
Sure, let them separate from the USA and declare themselves the winner.

That should be fun.

That should be fun.
So you're now saying the decision of whether or not to fly the confederate flag at the S. Carolina capitol should be taken away from their legislature? Kind of like your gay marriage position too, right? Should the central-federal government tyranny include forcing the new S. Carolina capitol flag to be a rainbow one?

Wonder where we'll be in 20 or 30 years hence with that type of ruling form? Should we ask the ghosts of Adolph Hitler? Stalin? Kim Jung Ill

Your whole LGBT "change by coercion, manipulation, duress & force" mentality is a wee bit disturbing Ravi..

That should be fun.
Kind of like your gay marriage position too, right? Ill

Ah Silhouette can't discuss anything without bringing the "GAY" into the thread.......single minded obsession.

I was wondering when you were going to mention gays in this thread. It didn't get off the first page before you did. lol. I suspect a lengthy rant about Milk in this thread's future.

And yeah Mac, one of my entire threads just *poof* disappeared the other day. Saved it beforehand of course, as I always do when something this glaring sticks out

Ah Silhouette can't discuss anything without bringing the "GAY" into the thread.......single minded obsession.
Nope, it has to do with a theory I have about Dylann Roof/race wars/the confederate/ flag debate.. Ferguson Missouri D. Roof Starting Race War Related US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

And yeah Mac, one of my entire threads just *poof* disappeared the other day. Saved it beforehand of course, as I always do when something this glaring sticks out

Nope, it has to do with a theory I have about Dylann Roof/race wars/the confederate/ flag debate.. Ferguson Missouri D. Roof Starting Race War Related US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Spamming again Syriusly? Hoping to bleed the page off into oblivion? Your specialty around here... gotta bury that story, that horrible connection one way or the other.

Why aren't you protesting the stars and stripes a la the OP?

I have absolutely no problem with replacing the current American flag design with something newer, more artistic, and more relevant​

Last edited:

Forum List

Back