American education falls to below average globally

Thank you Unions and lefties. Nothing better than socially promoting stupid kids for social reasons! They may be dumb as shit when they graduate but at least they'll feel good.

So, you want a 15 year old going to class with your 9 year old daughter or granddaughter?

Another symptom of Reaganist America- NEVER before have the poor been poorer in relation to the rich. Education doesn't work when the students are hungry, worried, or in a poor family structure...inner city and poor rural areas pull down the averages. The country needs 30 years of Dem rule to bring us back up to the good old days of '52 to '72...

Make college free like other countries so we can at least be in the race....oooor just keep doing the same thing and hope for different results

Nothing is free. And, if you make it a property right, as has been done in public school, making it impossible to prevent people who have no business in a college from attending.

Is that why the majority of them wound up working for unions on assembly lines and then voted for Reagan who sent all of those jobs overseas?
Yep, they was durrned bright, those fokes of olde!

Reagan sent jobs overseas??????????? You overestimate his power.

Make college free like other countries so we can at least be in the race....oooor just keep doing the same thing and hope for different results

Nothing is free. And, if you make it a property right, as has been done in public school, making it impossible to prevent people who have no business in a college from attending.

Ok Nay sayer...What say you? What should we do besides nothing and "stay 'Murica"?

Another symptom of Reaganist America- NEVER before have the poor been poorer in relation to the rich. Education doesn't work when the students are hungry, worried, or in a poor family structure...inner city and poor rural areas pull down the averages. The country needs 30 years of Dem rule to bring us back up to the good old days of '52 to '72...

Franco there have been more republican presidents then democrat presidents. 18-15.

These party lines you cling to the left of are failing our education system. Not one side or the other. Americans need to fix education, and rhetoric isn't going to help.

NEDE MOAR SKOOL DAZE!

China has 260 school days a year. Japan has 243. Germany, 240.

The United States has 180. Fat, lazy bastards.

Last edited:
School Days Around the World | Norbert Haupt

2ur770i.jpg

While we are on the subject, I would like to point out a pet peeve of mine.

Whenever a state wants to increase gambling operations, they say, "ITZ FER T3H SKOOLZ!" They promise the schools will get a cut of the gambling profits.

And yet...what is the very first thing state politicians threaten if you don't increase taxes whenever they want?

That's right. Schools.

Money is fungible. Sure, they might send some of the gambling bucks to pay for schools, but that just means they can cut education funds from the general fund.

It's a giant scam.

While we are on the subject, I would like to point out a pet peeve of mine.

Whenever a state wants to increase gambling operations, they say, "ITZ FER T3H SKOOLZ!" They promise the schools will get a cut of the gambling profits.

And yet...what is the very first thing state politicians threaten if you don't increase taxes whenever they want?

That's right. Schools.

Money is fungible. Sure, they might send some of the gambling bucks to pay for schools, but that just means they can cut education funds from the general fund.

It's a giant scam.
That's what they did in California.

If there were ever an issue that should be apolitical, this is the one. But the need to smear the other side is too tempting.

All Democrats seem to do is spend more and more on education, expecting different results each time. Definition of insanity.

If there were ever an issue that should be apolitical, this is the one. But the need to smear the other side is too tempting.

I dunno about smearing... but hey, every year for decades the U.S. education has been dumbed down by virtue of the increasing emphasis on social goals rather than education goals. And here we sit... are we going to blame this on conservatives?

Hardly... the left's infiltration of the education system has been disastrous.

Yeah, but at least our kids have REALLY HIGH SELF ESTEEM! And we're REALLY CAREFUL not to HURT THEIR FEELINGS! That's what matters!

Confident Idiots: American Students Growing More Confident, Less Capable

:rock:

About 10 years ago I was reading the "Numbers" column in Time magazine. It was a great factoid source. The entry was something like this:

"Percentage of internet/technology job growth by 2010: 2000%
Percentage of college students obtaining technical/science degrees in 2010: 2%"

I think it all goes back to the parents. It's not an ideological problem. It's about a generation of people (us) who let the little darlings make stupid decisions and we (not me, however) paid for them.

I mean degrees in "theater technology", "art curation", marketing, etc. Bullshit.

Last edited:
It all comes down to our ass backwards funding and control of our educational system

Those countries that do better than us all have national control over the educational system. Only the US puts the power with the local school board....with widely varying results

Have you seen the tests that were given to students in those one-room school houses from the 20's through the 50's? Students could read, they could write (you could even read their writing) and they knew their geography and what little science that was available to them. Those that were taught in those 'locally' controlled school houses were people like Thomas Edison and others who powered the industrial and scientific revolutions in this nation. It is the main reason why the United States grew from a backward frontier nation to the one that lead the way in science and technology.

Right now if you want your children to get a good education you seek out private schools, probably some type of Christian private school (Catholic schools are very good) and you send them there. There is absolutely NO WAY that I would send my children to a public school now.

We have seen conclusively that you don't "teach" kids by trying to make them conform to some national standards that makes them all achieve to the lowest common denominator. We also know that the answer is NOT throwing money at the problem.

Is that why the majority of them wound up working for unions on assembly lines and then voted for Reagan who sent all of those jobs overseas?
Yep, they was durrned bright, those fokes of olde!

I saw it happen in '68 and '72 Many union guys went for nixon/agnew. Working stiffs always thinking republicans are going to make their lives better. Better living through lower wages and more pollution.

Last edited:

I dunno about smearing... but hey, every year for decades the U.S. education has been dumbed down by virtue of the increasing emphasis on social goals rather than education goals. And here we sit... are we going to blame this on conservatives?

Well, your avatar holds a key to this dilemma. Too much emphasis on sports in high school as well as college. Not enough emphasis on science.

The best technology-based university in the world right now is Indian Institute of Technology in Delhi. And honey, they DON'T have a big, bloated cash machine called a football team.

All Democrats seem to do is spend more and more on education, expecting different results each time. Definition of insanity.

That 'more money' on education?

Where do you think it goes? To the kids? :lmao:

Right.

It goes to the Teachers and, more importantly, to the Unions.

There are more than 4 Million Teachers in this Country. The VAST majority of whom pay Union Dues.

Which average out to around $750 per year (I'm being conservative on that)

Multiply 750 X 4 million.

That works out to 3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR.

And that is why retired General Counsel Bob Chanin of the NEA can say things like this:

"Despite what some among us would like to believe, it is not because of our creative ideas. It is not because of the merit of our positions. It is not because we care about children. And it is not because we have a vision of a great public school for every child. NEA and its affiliates are effective advocates because we have power. And we have power because there are more than 3.2 million people who are willing to pay us hundreds of millions of dollars in dues each year because they believe that we are the unions that can most effectively represent them, the unions that can protect their rights and advance their interests as education employees."

They fucking OWN dimocrap politicians in their States. Own them.

Unions absolutely DWARF Corporations in political donations. Not even close.

Makes it hard to compete in States with a lot of Unions. Almost impossible. That's why so many Northeastern and Rust Belt States are dimocraptic.

Get Unions out of the mix and Americans, real Americans, might have a say in our day to day lives for a change

That 'more money' on education?

Where do you think it goes? To the kids? :lmao:

Right.

It goes to the Teachers and, more importantly, to the Unions.

There are more than 4 Million Teachers in this Country. The VAST majority of whom pay Union Dues.

Which average out to around $750 per year (I'm being conservative on that)

Multiply 750 X 4 million.

That works out to 3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR.

And that is why retired General Counsel Bob Chanin of the NEA can say things like this:

"Despite what some among us would like to believe, it is not because of our creative ideas. It is not because of the merit of our positions. It is not because we care about children. And it is not because we have a vision of a great public school for every child. NEA and its affiliates are effective advocates because we have power. And we have power because there are more than 3.2 million people who are willing to pay us hundreds of millions of dollars in dues each year because they believe that we are the unions that can most effectively represent them, the unions that can protect their rights and advance their interests as education employees."

They fucking OWN dimocrap politicians in their States. Own them.

Unions absolutely DWARF Corporations in political donations. Not even close.

Say that again? Looks like that disgusting brotherhood of the University of California and the comrades over at Microsoft really boogered it. Damn unions.

Top Contributors - Career Since 1989
Senator Barack Obama

Contributor Total Indivs PACs
University of California $3,144,972 $3,144,972 $0
Microsoft Corp $1,683,186 $1,683,186 $0
Harvard University $1,624,232 $1,624,232 $0
Google Inc $1,612,843 $1,612,843 $0
US Government $1,364,594 $1,364,594 $0
Goldman Sachs $1,294,800 $1,294,800 $0
JPMorgan Chase & Co $1,209,814 $1,205,814 $4,000
Stanford University $1,126,712 $1,126,712 $0
Sidley Austin LLP $1,112,325 $1,111,825 $500
Time Warner $1,094,155 $1,094,155 $0
Kaiser Permanente $1,077,494 $1,077,494 $0
Columbia University $1,061,076 $1,061,076 $0
University of Chicago $1,010,035 $1,010,035 $0
Citigroup Inc $992,609 $990,609 $2,000
US Dept of Justice $935,166 $935,166 $0
IBM Corp $906,311 $906,311 $0
Skadden, Arps et al $877,558 $877,558 $0
DLA Piper $872,732 $862,032 $10,700
National Amusements Inc $864,305 $863,305 $1,000
Walt Disney Co $852,956 $851,956 $1,000

""""This table lists the top donors to this candidate in the 2004 - 2014 election cycle. The organizations themselves did not donate, rather the money came from the organizations' PACs, their individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families. Organization totals include subsidiaries and affiliates.""""

Barack Obama: Campaign Finance/Money - Top Donors - Senator Career | OpenSecrets

Last edited:

Well, your avatar holds a key to this dilemma. Too much emphasis on sports in high school as well as college. Not enough emphasis on science.

The best technology-based university in the world right now is Indian Institute of Technology in Delhi. And honey, they DON'T have a big, bloated cash machine called a football team.

You do realize that both Stanford & Harvard, just for starters, have sports... right?

What you said is insanely goofy.

Forum List

Back