Preferred pronouns gaining traction on campus

What fucking liberal deviant attention whores. You are such a precious snowflake you need new pronouns. Fags

This kind of silliness won't stand up over time, if for no other reason than it will become too confusing unless it's standardized.

The most troubling part of the story is that college students have this much time on their hands for such nonsense. Shouldn't they be studying, working, or drunk off their asses?

Play along with the mentally defective freak, or else. Liberals love enabling the mentally ill

'Preferred' pronouns gain traction at US colleges

The English language is woefully short of appropriate gender-neutral singular pronouns...

closest would be "it"... which of course doesn't quite work when applied to persons...

Fortunately, human beings are - for the most part - not gender-neutral. So, fear no woe.

But there could certainly be plenty of situations where one might describe a person without knowing their gender. I have certainly used he/she on multiple occasions because I didn't know a person's gender. Just on this message board, I often do not know the gender of a poster, and a gender-neutral pronoun would be convenient. ;)

The English language is woefully short of appropriate gender-neutral singular pronouns...

closest would be "it"... which of course doesn't quite work when applied to persons...

Fortunately, human beings are - for the most part - not gender-neutral. So, fear no woe.

But there could certainly be plenty of situations where one might describe a person without knowing their gender. I have certainly used he/she on multiple occasions because I didn't know a person's gender. Just on this message board, I often do not know the gender of a poster, and a gender-neutral pronoun would be convenient. ;)

That's why for centuries the male pronoun was used when the gender was unknown or unstated. It worked just fine. Feminists started making a stink about this back in the 70s and now we are stuck with the awkward "he/she" or the inaccurate use of the plural.

Forum List

Back