American breakfast vs Full English

Leviticus

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2021
I was wondering whether anyone here have had a full english breakfast, and how they feel it stacks up to it's American cousin.

For those who dont know, a full english is a traditional meal in england. It is so traditional that its considered a dish on its own.
It includes eggs, back bacon, sausage, black pudding, baked beans, fried/grilled tomatoes, sauteed mushrooms, bubbles& squeak (mixed cabbage and potatoes), and toast/fried bread.

For the American breakfast, I'm gonna use what would be considered a large breakfast where i come from.
Eggs, bacon, sausage, fried potatoes/hash browns, pancakes, oat meal/grits, biscuits &gravy/toast.

I was wondering whether anyone here have had a full english breakfast, and how they feel it stacks up to it's American cousin.

For those who dont know, a full english is a traditional meal in england. It is so traditional that its considered a dish on its own.
It includes eggs, back bacon, sausage, black pudding, baked beans, fried/grilled tomatoes, sauteed mushrooms, bubbles& squeak (mixed cabbage and potatoes), and toast/fried bread.

For the American breakfast, I'm gonna use what would be considered a large breakfast where i come from.
Eggs, bacon, sausage, fried potatoes/hash browns, pancakes, oat meal/grits, biscuits &gravy/toast.

You have grits though, don’t you?

Full English.

7BD7A1BE-A864-474F-AC15-CD635E2143DD.jpeg

The only thing I disliked about the Full English I ate at a hotel in York was the Cumberland sausage -- too much filler.

Edit: mine didn't have black pudding. I had a variety of black pudding while I was there which ranged from heavenly to "Excuse me while I go brush my teeth".

Buffet breakfast is one of the few compensations of staying in a hotel. In Ireland they also have white pudding which I believe is a form of black pudding.

The only thing I disliked about the Full English I ate at a hotel in York was the Cumberland sausage -- too much filler.

Edit: mine didn't have black pudding. I had a variety of black pudding while I was there which ranged from heavenly to "Excuse me while I go brush my teeth".
Yeah, bangers suck. Half sausage half some type of flour filler. Probably a carry over from WW something or other. Bland as fuck, with a nasty texture.

I had many big English breakfasts when I was there. They were very good but way too much food for me.

Other than their breakfasts the food was rot. The dinners came with peas. Everything. With peas.

However.

I was not a tea drinker but in England?? Um. What we had here, at least in the 80s, was not tea compared to that magical ambrosia they cook up. I drank pots of it there. And switched back to coffee here. :)

Am I the only one who thinks the wirdest part of a full english is fried bread? We have toasters for a reason.

Forum List

Back