Amend Article 1 Section 6

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
"Members of Congress are given an absolute privilege to lie with impunity in the House or Senate, if they so desire, by the Speech or Debate Clause in Article I, Section 6 of the U.S. Constitution. It states that, with regard to senators and representatives, "for Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other Place." The Framers of the Constitution wanted to encourage debate in Congress, and they did not want that debate chilled by the threat of lawsuits."
Who Can Lie to Congress

Should fix that so Harry Reids can't throw Presidential elections by making up boldface 'pants on fire' lies about candidates. How can we claim to have a fair electroal process if members of Congress are allowed to lie about a candidate?

Harry Reid says anonymous source told him Mitt Romney didn t pay taxes for 10 years PolitiFact

"Members of Congress are given an absolute privilege to lie with impunity in the House or Senate, if they so desire, by the Speech or Debate Clause in Article I, Section 6 of the U.S. Constitution. It states that, with regard to senators and representatives, "for Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other Place." The Framers of the Constitution wanted to encourage debate in Congress, and they did not want that debate chilled by the threat of lawsuits."
Who Can Lie to Congress

Should fix that so Harry Reids can't throw Presidential elections by making up boldface 'pants on fire' lies about candidates. How can we claim to have a fair electroal process if members of Congress are allowed to lie about a candidate?

Harry Reid says anonymous source told him Mitt Romney didn t pay taxes for 10 years PolitiFact
Ha Ha Ha HA HA HA HA HA .................. FYI - Politicians lie,...... lies and politics are cut from the same clothe,...... all politicians lie,....... politics without lies is like pancakes without syrup,........ honesty and politics mix like water and oil,............ if politicians didn't lie, then they'd be called something besides politicians,............ modern politics is based on lies,................ political campaign season is dirty, and lies give it life,............. politicians base their careers on lies,............ lies keep politicians seated in government,.......... and lies have become the trade mark of politicians.

COMMON LIES SPEWED FROM POLITICIANS: "If you elect me, I'll fight for lower taxes, end to the wars, and bring jobs back to America" ( the operative word [ lie ] is "fight" ) ........... "If elected, I'll have an open and transparent administration" ........... "Send me to Washington and I'll be a UNITER, and not a DIVDER" ............ "I'll fight for teachers, better schools and get our infrastructure repaired and upgraded" .......... "I'll end Medicare fraud, and make health care affordable for everyone" ....... "I'll end tax loopholes for the rich, and demand that the wealthy pay their fair share" ........ "I'll protect the farmers from unrealistic and industry killing regulations" ..... "I'll listen to unions and fight for their cause" .............. "I'll make sure that we invest in alternative energy sources and protect the environment" ..... "I'll create immigration reform that's workable, doable, and meaningful"

If politicians didn't lie, our government would be the opposite of what it is today. "Truth and honesty in politics" would end cronyism, favoritism, corruption, anti-America legislation and policies, and restore the peoples' faith in government. Unfortunately, that'll never happen as long as politicians can keep us divided and taking sides with either Republicans or with Democrats. Our taking sides enable and encourage "lies", "deceit", "corruption", "favoritism", and the destruction of what was once the most feared and respected nation on Earth. We've played their game, and now the chickens have come home to roost. We've swallowed every single word spewed from the mouths of those intent on self-service, personal gain and power, and climbing the political ladder at all cost.

The saddest most depressing part of it all is, the gullibility and stupidity of the American voter. Yes, voters believe the lies, the false promises, and the intentions of those asking for their vote on election day. Also, the mystery is why voters, after seeing and experiencing the true intent of professional politicians, continue to elect and to re-elect them time and time again. It seems to me that voters would learn from their mistakes and stop aiding and abetting the very ones that have sent this once great nation to the depths of socioeconomic ruin. But, instead, voters continue to play the game, then complain while watching this nation sink into the abyss of ruin. Go figure.

As I said in the 'don't get too excited' thread this isn't an example of "all politicians lie" this was a lie designed to throw a Presidential election. Which as I said is an attack on democracy and free elections itself.

Who Can Lie to Congress

False arguments can be rebutted in the press or in Congress itself. Just no legal action.

The press has the job of exposing such things. The public has the job of researching to find information. Neither does its job.

Dingy Harry used Article One Section Six to make a mockery of the Article and the position of Speaker of the House.

Who Can Lie to Congress

Ha Ha Ha HA HA HA HA HA .................. FYI - Politicians lie,...... lies and politics are cut from the same clothe,...... all politicians lie,....... politics without lies is like pancakes without syrup,........ honesty and politics mix like water and oil,............ if politicians didn't lie, then they'd be called something besides politicians,............ modern politics is based on lies,................ political campaign season is dirty, and lies give it life,............. politicians base their careers on lies,............ lies keep politicians seated in government,.......... and lies have become the trade mark of politicians.

COMMON LIES SPEWED FROM POLITICIANS: "If you elect me, I'll fight for lower taxes, end to the wars, and bring jobs back to America" ( the operative word [ lie ] is "fight" ) ........... "If elected, I'll have an open and transparent administration" ........... "Send me to Washington and I'll be a UNITER, and not a DIVDER" ............ "I'll fight for teachers, better schools and get our infrastructure repaired and upgraded" .......... "I'll end Medicare fraud, and make health care affordable for everyone" ....... "I'll end tax loopholes for the rich, and demand that the wealthy pay their fair share" ........ "I'll protect the farmers from unrealistic and industry killing regulations" ..... "I'll listen to unions and fight for their cause" .............. "I'll make sure that we invest in alternative energy sources and protect the environment" ..... "I'll create immigration reform that's workable, doable, and meaningful"

If politicians didn't lie, our government would be the opposite of what it is today. "Truth and honesty in politics" would end cronyism, favoritism, corruption, anti-America legislation and policies, and restore the peoples' faith in government. Unfortunately, that'll never happen as long as politicians can keep us divided and taking sides with either Republicans or with Democrats. Our taking sides enable and encourage "lies", "deceit", "corruption", "favoritism", and the destruction of what was once the most feared and respected nation on Earth. We've played their game, and now the chickens have come home to roost. We've swallowed every single word spewed from the mouths of those intent on self-service, personal gain and power, and climbing the political ladder at all cost.

The saddest most depressing part of it all is, the gullibility and stupidity of the American voter. Yes, voters believe the lies, the false promises, and the intentions of those asking for their vote on election day. Also, the mystery is why voters, after seeing and experiencing the true intent of professional politicians, continue to elect and to re-elect them time and time again. It seems to me that voters would learn from their mistakes and stop aiding and abetting the very ones that have sent this once great nation to the depths of socioeconomic ruin. But, instead, voters continue to play the game, then complain while watching this nation sink into the abyss of ruin. Go figure.

I can only disagree with one thing in your post. You see, its possible to have pancakes without syrup.

Who Can Lie to Congress

I can only disagree with one thing in your post. You see, its possible to have pancakes without syrup.
I like eggs on top of my pancakes also. And, sometimes, grape jelly is delicious on pancakes.

Who Can Lie to Congress

I like eggs on top of my pancakes also. And, sometimes, grape jelly is delicious on pancakes.

Yep. But unlike lying in politicians, those are all optional.

Who Can Lie to Congress

are you proposing censoring debate chilled by the threat of lawsuits?

Who Can Lie to Congress

Why are you listing campaign statements by all politicians when the subject is about Congressional debate?

As I said in the 'don't get too excited' thread this isn't an example of "all politicians lie" this was a lie designed to throw a Presidential election. Which as I said is an attack on democracy and free elections itself.

Harry Reid's statement was NOT read into the records of deliberation, so wtf are you talking about?

Harry Reid's statement was NOT read into the records of deliberation, so wtf are you talking about?
this thread is in the Constitution forum and it is NOT about the constitution is is a political attack and a terrible one at that

Excellent idea! I mean really good.

I recommend that if caught lying, they must split their campaign finance funding with whomever catches them and proves it through a court action.

If a member of the public catches one, the cost of their suit is paid for and the split goes to the politician of their choice. Probably would need mention on the amendment of enhanced disqualification for cause of judges because assignments of judges is a tool increasingly used for injustice.

Your suggested amendment would be a good one to add with the return of the original 13th and the countermand amendment after preparatory amendment has taken effect.

CDZ - A Lawful And Peaceful Revolution US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Last edited:

this thread is in the Constitution forum and it is NOT about the constitution is is a political attack and a terrible one at that
Geez Dante, could you be more wrong?

It's about an amendment to the constitution to stop congress people from their lying which is an attack on the constitution.

The cited part of the constitution is not there to allow lying, it is to encourage debate. But do not ask a congress person about constitutional intent, they have no clue.

It's about an amendment to the constitution to stop congress people from their lying which is an attack on the constitution.

The cited part of the constitution is not there to allow lying, it is to encourage debate. But do not ask a congress person about constitutional intent, they have no clue.
psychos have every right to post too, but not to make shit up and get away with it so easily.

this isn't a College or Mental Health Center

psychos have every right to post too, but not to make shit up and get away with it so easily.

dear you don't come across as a college grad or mentally healthy.
Am I right?

Treason was a favorite of the British crown, talk nasty about the crown and it was treason.
The framers well aware of this problem inserted the freedom of speech clause in the Constitution to protect members of Congress and then added a definition of treason. Treason is the only crime defined in the Constitution?

dear, you were the one who said Jefferson did not found the Jeffersonian Republican Party and than lacked the character to admit you were mistaken or lying.

Forum List

Back