Alexandria Court Bans Demolition of Churches in Egypt

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
This decision must have been greeted with relief by the Copts as they are not treated so kindly by the Muslims in Egypt.

Syndicated News
Alexandria Court Bans Demolition of Churches in Egypt
By Hend El-Bahary
http://www.albawaba.com
Posted 2016-03-31 19:15 GMT

20160331151506.png

Coptic church in Cairo. (
cameraicon.png
AFP)
The Administrative Court of Alexandria has blocked the demolition of a church belonging to the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate, in the process issuing a ruling that prohibits the demolition of any church in Egypt.

The move has been welcomed by members of the Coptic Christian community, who claim that Egyptian churches have been subject to "violations" for many years.

The court blocked the continued demolition of the Virgin Mary church in Rashid, Beheira Governorate, which was on land subject to an ongoing legal dispute involving the Greek and Coptic Orthodox Churches. The Virgin Mary church has been partly demolished already, but further domolition was halted while the legal dispute was settled.

Continue reading at:

Middle East News & Arab Headlines From A Local Perspective | Al Bawaba

the question is ---does the court in Alexandria have the authority to BAN church destruction in ALL of Egypt? It would be nice. For the record-----Alexandria
was once THE PLACE where the jewish population of Egypt lived----even 2000
years ago------it was a cultural center. Today there are something like ten elderly
jews left in Egypt

Bloody hell. Alexandria, named after Alexander the Great, founded by Macedonians and Greeks is now historically a major Jewish city according to Rosie. You people are so arrogant it's unbelievable.

Bloody hell. Alexandria, named after Alexander the Great, founded by Macedonians and Greeks is now historically a major Jewish city according to Rosie. You people are so arrogant it's unbelievable.

Bloody hell? -------the fact that Alexandria was founded by ALEXANDER is common knowledge------the fact that it had a SIGNIFICANT jewish population ----at least for 2000 years is also common knowledge. ------what is your problem with that fact, BITCH? Baghdad also had a significant jewish population for millennia----does that fact ALSO bother you, COCK-SUCKER? I find those facts interesting-----in
view of the histories of both cities. Try re-reading my post-----at no time did I say that Alexandrie was a "MAJOR JEWISH CITY" lying lump of shit.

If one listened to you, there were a billion Jews making up a "significant" Jewish population in nearly every city in the world. Your arrogance is unbelievable. Not even the British, the Spanish, the Italians, the French or the Greeks and others who actually contributed to Western European civilization are as arrogant.

If one listened to you, there were a billion Jews making up a "significant" Jewish population in nearly every city in the world. Your arrogance is unbelievable. Not even the British, the Spanish, the Italians, the French or the Greeks and others who actually contributed to Western European civilization are as arrogant.

your comment is typical of the slob that you are-------go right ahead and CITE----posts in which I claimed "JEWISH CITY" for 'nearly every city in the world' you disgusting shit mouth liar. Are you now claiming that ALEXANDRIA and BAGHDAD-----(which historically ALSO had SIGNIFICANT jewish populations) are EVERY CITY IN THE WORLD and suggests BILLIONS OF PEOPLE? New York City has had----for more than a century a SIGNIFICANT IRISH population. <<<does that statement BOTHER you too, dog shit? Now be a good Baathist bitch and tell me
about the GLORY OF ARABIA ------your shit is doing a great job across the globe----as your sluts dance on the dead bodies of MILLIONS of infants,

BTW ----I should add before the stench of arabia reached Babylon-----Baghdad also had a very significant and LEARNED Christian and Zoroastrian population----
as for Alexander-------quite a bright guy------Babylon was already a cultural center before HE got there------as was ---the area that became "Alexandria" but he was
an ardent CONQUEROR----quite barbaric. ------so barbaric that ARABS like to claim
that he was a -----(get this) MUSLIM!!!! Be not dismayed-------you are BY FAR---not the only REAL HISTORY DENIER in the pig sty of baathism

Did someone bring up arrogance? I would think that a poster who has stated many times that he is smarter than anyone posting and knows more than anyone else is very arrogant. Remember that one???

When I think of Egypt and the Christian Copts, I think of the History of Jihad in Egypt.
History of Jihad against the Egyptian Coptic Christians (640)

If one viewed the icons from the second to the fourth century A.D. lent by St. Catherine's Church in the Sinai that were exhibited in the U.S. about ten years ago, it could be seen how religious these Christian Copts were. Now their descendents can't practice their religion in peace in Egypt. They all must have breathed a sigh of relief when they heard about the ban so we should all be happy that something good has happened to them.

By the way, for someone who was accusing me of posting a lot, it appears that since you started posting again on another forum, you don't even stop to catch your breath. Then again when you were posting there before your little hiatus, it certainly was the same.

the question is ---does the court in Alexandria have the authority to BAN church destruction in ALL of Egypt? It would be nice. For the record-----Alexandria
years ago------it was a cultural center. Today there are something like ten elderly
jews left in Egypt

I believe the ban is for all of Egypt, but who knows if it will actually happen except in Alexandria.

One time, IRosie, I was sitting in an Imaging Center waiting for my husband to finish up with an ultrasound test. I started talking to a woman who was waiting her turn. She happened to come from Egypt. She was telling me how her kids were complaining about her painting the outside of her house in all white. I told her to tell them that if the neighbors weren't complaining, they themselves shouldn't worry about it.. Anyhow, I don't know what religion she was, but she might have been Jewish because there is a big synagogue on the corner of her street and the main boulevard running through her town...

The vanishing Jews of Egypt

jews left in Egypt

I believe the ban is for all of Egypt, but who knows if it will actually happen except in Alexandria.

One time, IRosie, I was sitting in an Imaging Center waiting for my husband to finish up with an ultrasound test. I started talking to a woman who was waiting her turn. She happened to come from Egypt. She was telling me how her kids were complaining about her painting the outside of her house in all white. I told her to tell them that if the neighbors weren't complaining, they themselves shouldn't worry about it.. Anyhow, I don't know what religion she was, but she might have been Jewish because there is a big synagogue on the corner of her street and the main boulevard running through her town...

The vanishing Jews of Egypt

well----getting back to Alexandria------I worry for the LIFE of the judge. My own interaction with Egyptians includes a few -----erstwhile Egyptian Jews and also COPTS----- ---generally for the jews just lamented-----"EGYPT IS NO PLACE FOR JEWS ANYMORE" and the Copts cried real tears about their relatives "back home" -----------Egypt is an early center of the FILTH OF BAATHISM. Baathist pigs galvanized the 1967 war and BAATHIST DOG Nasser------is the only person
in recorded history who used NITROGEN MUSTARD GAS since world war II. He
got the recipe for his GOOD FRIEND AND MENTOR Nazi dog AL HUSSEINI-----
and Nasser past the recipe on to HIS good friend BAATHIST MURDERING SLOB-----Saddam Hussein. The threat of use of nitrogen mustard gas by Baathist pig
terrorist is SO REAL------the USA HOMELAND SECURITY has protocols in place for the treatment of USA VICTIMS right here at home. Fellow posters-----in case
of NITROGEN MUSTARD GAS ATTACKS by Baathist pig terrorists----STAY INDOORS-----and follow radio and TV and other forms of public announcements as to WHAT TO DO NEXT. The poison HANGS AROUND in the environment for
days. There is little doubt that tubs of the crap are stored in SYRIA

Last edited:

Forum List

Back