Alex Baldwin vindicated

Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 9.10.26 AM.png

I'm certainly not suggesting that The union guy couldn't have made the same mistake but he was at least more likely to have had proper training.
Not really. There are far more people familiar with weapons and weapons safety in this country than there are union members. Safety management is a management function, no matter if union or non-union personnel are being used in responsible positions or at the lesser skilled levels.

Not really. There are far more people familiar with weapons and weapons safety in this country than there are union members. Safety management is a management function, no matter if union or non-union personnel are being used in responsible positions or at the lesser skilled levels.
The union guy likely does it as a career. The local probably doesn't.

It's the height of negligence to not ascertain whether a weapon is loaded or not.

Baldwin was let off the hook for ignorance, which is no excuse when the hoi polloy are ignorant.
And? Wishful thinking has nothing to do with what I posted. Baldwin is a egocentric jerk of the lowest order, his head is so far up his ass that lump in his throat is his nose but THE LAW has declared him not culpable. That's all I was saying, any further but, but, but is a waste of time.

Last edited:
So what part of that do you disagree with?

Be specific.
first they werent using automatics or semi automatics and both are easily checked and cleared and even if its a prop gun you still check as per movie set rules,,

and he knew it was supposed to be blanks cause he was going to be shooting it so no dummies would be in it but flat blanks should be and those are easily noticed against each other,,

and also as per movie rules the performer is supposed to check and confirm clear and as we see he didnt,,

It's not a good day to be an Alec Baldwin hater.
Police said the movie director who handed him the prop gun told him it had no bullets in it.
Please no police bashing in this thread. Thank you.
"Alec Baldwin was handed what was described as a safe "cold gun" on the set of his movie "Rust", but the prop gun contained live rounds when it was fired, according to details of the police investigation into the fatal shooting released on Friday."
This is the official apology thread to those who bashed Alec Baldwin.
You called him “Alex”. You’re an idiot. And yes unlikely he is legally responsible but he will have to live with this the rest of his life, which sucks.

The union guy likely does it as a career. The local probably doesn't.
The word "likely" admits an unfounded/unproven supposition on your part. I have seen far more range operators and range safety personnel with no connection with a union do professional work in regards to weapons handling and weapons safety management and were regarded and held responsible for their professional qualifications and attention to detail.

And? Wishful thinking has nothing to do with what I posted. Baldwin is a egocentric jerk of the lowest caliber, his head is so far up his ass that lump in his throat is his nose but THE LAW has declared him not culpable. That's all I was saying, any further but, but, but is a waste of time.
You claimed that the police did their job by determining that negligence wasn't involved, when his mishandling of the firearm is the very definition of negligence.

He was let off because of who he is, not what he did or didn't do....The two-tiered system of law enforcement and justice in action again.

Maybe the movie company knew he was an overpaid obnoxious idiot and suckered him into doing it as publicity stunt.

Two birds with one stone.

Forum List

Back