Alex Baldwin vindicated

There are people on set who are arms professionals hired to make sure the weapons are safe or the actors and crew are safe. Was there one for this movie?

Actually, that's INCRIMINATING information about Baldwin, not exculpatory.

After all, if the gun was unloaded when the director handed it to Baldwin, it must have been Baldwin who loaded it.
I also suspect it was a murder. Not sure who by, but I did read a complete article on it, and there were a LOT of mistakes made, incl. by Baldwin.

Baldwin speaks out against guns, then turns around and profits off gun violence in his movies.
Good point. Reminds me of Stephen King: guns, guns, guns, and many other weapons used constantly in his books, but he's supposed to be this big anti-gun guy. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeesh.

everything about this stinks. Of course the snooze says he's vindicated. We'll see about that. Someone is dead and according to lefties...that's always someone's fault. The gun was in his hands. HE fired it. No one told him to do that and he aimed it at someone... A WOMAN. . he was careless and he was stupid. Civil suit is my guess.
Unless there is a materials or function problem, it is always someone's fault to accident to investigators. That is why they investigate to determine cause and preventative actions. It does not mean, he is implicated. I am pretty sure he will not sleep well with his part in this turn of events, though may not be the responsible person.

Last edited:
Actually Baldwin is a moron. First rule of anyone holding a gun is to check if it is loaded. Second rule is do not put your finger on the trigger of any gun unless you plan to fire it.
so yes he is to blame. Sorry being a moron does not absolve you of blame.
It was a prop gun. You must know what this means.

It's not a good day to be an Alec Baldwin hater.
Police said the movie director who handed him the prop gun told him it had no bullets in it.
Please no police bashing in this thread. Thank you.
"Alec Baldwin was handed what was described as a safe "cold gun" on the set of his movie "Rust", but the prop gun contained live rounds when it was fired, according to details of the police investigation into the fatal shooting released on Friday."
This is the official apology thread to those who bashed Alec Baldwin.
Politicizing this tragedy, huh?

Figures

For you people here who defend Baldwin, I'd like for you to explain how you defend someone who is anti-gun, and then turns around and directly profits off of gun violence in his movies?

I think it is likely that he never intended to actually shoot them. I think what he was doing was to show his anger at the crew for their complaints by just firing the gun at them to show how angry he was. the worst happened. He has anger issues. This is a good lesson but unfortunate it took peoples lives. I suspect the crew would like to see him held responsible.

How did a real round get into the gun?

I know it's happened before on the set of "The Crow" movie where the star of the movie was shot dead, but it seems like a bunch of professionals would catch something like a real round.
That's not actually what happened n the Crow. The weapon that killed Lee had been previously use in a close up scene in which bullet cartridges with the powder only removed were used. Unfortunately the primers were still in them and those have a little bit of explosive force. When the trigger was pulled it was enough to drive the bullet out of the casing but not enough to drive it out of the barrel. No one noticed that one of the cartridges no longer had a bullet in it. THAT was a major fuck up.

When that gun was later used with a blank in it...the powder from the blank drove that bullet out with enough force to kill Lee.

In this case no live rounds with actual bullet and full powder charge should have been allowed anywhere on set.

If there was a live round in that gun someone screwed up royalty

What does it mean?

(I just posted an article from 1984 about an actor basically committing suicide with a 'prop gun'.)

I don't believe anyone has ever claimed he was committing suicide. He was bored while waiting between scenes, and was clowning around.
He likely did not realize the dynamics of a prop gun. A bone fragment was what actually killed him.

It will be interesting to see if this sheriff's department has handled similar cases and their outcomes. Imagine if some poor colored person is sitting in prison right now for killing someone with a gun they thought was unloaded.

Forum List

Back