Alex Baldwin vindicated

It's not a good day to be an Alec Baldwin hater.
Police said the movie director who handed him the prop gun told him it had no bullets in it.
Please no police bashing in this thread. Thank you.
"Alec Baldwin was handed what was described as a safe "cold gun" on the set of his movie "Rust", but the prop gun contained live rounds when it was fired, according to details of the police investigation into the fatal shooting released on Friday."
This is the official apology thread to those who bashed Alec Baldwin.
He's a murderer.

The absence or presence of a person hired under a collective bargaining agreement is better in some way? This ain't a "Look for the Union Label" thing. I have investigated accidents involving union and non-union workers and seeing no difference.
I'm certainly not suggesting that The union guy couldn't have made the same mistake but he was at least more likely to have had proper training.

I couldn't get past the ridiculous statement of your first sentence.

Here's Baldwin's education and some of his family history.

Turns out, one of his ancestors came here on the Mayflower.

He got his Bachelor degree from NYU.

Where did you go to school?

From his wiki page:

Alec and his siblings were raised as Roman Catholics.[15] They are of Irish, French, and English ancestry.[16][17] Through his father, Baldwin is descended from Mayflower passenger John Howland, and through this line, is the 13th generation of his family born in North America and the 14th generation to live in North America.[18]

Baldwin attended Alfred G. Berner High School in Massapequa[17] and played football there under Coach Bob Reifsnyder. In New York City, Baldwin worked as a busboy at the famed discotheque, Studio 54. From 1976 to 1979, he attended George Washington University. In 1979, he lost the election for student body president and received a personal letter from former U.S. president Richard Nixon (with whom he had a common friend) encouraging him to use the loss as a learning experience.[19]

Afterward, he transferred to the Tisch School of the Arts of New York University (NYU) where he studied with, among others, Geoffrey Horneand Mira Rostova at the Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute.[10] Later, he was accepted as a member of the Actors Studio.[20] In 1994, he completed his Bachelor of Fine Arts degree at NYU.[21]

He was handling a firearm, his finger on the trigger, without verifying it was safe.

He's an idiot.

Actually, that's INCRIMINATING information about Baldwin, not exculpatory.

After all, if the gun was unloaded when the director handed it to Baldwin, it must have been Baldwin who loaded it.
I hope he rots in prison for a long time but in all likelyhood, since he is a whining Liberal, he will get this charge reduced to a "parking ticket"...:p

Police said the movie director who handed him the prop gun told him it had no bullets in it.
"Alec Baldwin was handed what was described as a safe "cold gun" on the set of his movie "Rust", but the prop gun contained live rounds when it was fired, according to details of the police investigation into the fatal shooting released on Friday."
so if I hand you a gun and say its nit loaded and you point it at someone and pull the trigger its not your fault???

yeah right,,

You don't point a gun at people, loaded or unloaded, and you don't pull the trigger to a gun you point at someone, loaded or unloaded. It is gun safety 101.

I think it is likely that he never intended to actually shoot them. I think what he was doing was to show his anger at the crew for their complaints by just firing the gun at them to show how angry he was. the worst happened. He has anger issues. This is a good lesson but unfortunate it took peoples lives. I suspect the crew would like to see him held responsible.

I could understand if a scene called for him to shoot at an actor, but this was a set worker, why was he pointing the gun at her?

I hope he rots in prison for a long time but in all likelyhood, since he is a whining Liberal, he will get this charge reduced to a "parking ticket"...:p
To tell you the truth, I feel sorry for Baldwin, to have to carry this tragedy for the rest of his life.
I don't like Baldwin's politics at all and think he's an asshole, but this has nothing to do with that.

It's both people's fault
nope,, the last person is responsible,, and as per movie rules alec was supposed to check it when it was handed to him,,

1635005010434.png

View attachment 555421

Standard blank...notice lack of projectile...and color...these are generally green (some red)...some have a pinched head...but no projectile

Ok.

Clearing

Remove magazine
Pull slide back and lock into position
visually verify chamber is clear of rounds, and ALL obstructions

5 seconds tops

Caveat.

Now...if there was a live round buried deep in the magazine and he was blazing away...then sure I can see where an accident can happen.

Though I can almost guarantee you that wasn't the case.

Verify clear

Verify clear
You can't clear an automatic with the mag in.

They put dummies in wheel guns so they appear loaded on camera.

Clearing a prop gun is unrealistic. That's why they hire professionals to handle them.

he didn't verify the firearm was safe.

BIG no-no.
If somebody hands you a weapon of any type, clearing and function check is the first thing you do. If it is a revolver, I would visually know what type of ammo if any, it was loaded with and reload it. I doubt there was a comprehensive safety briefing conducted on the set during filming.

You can't clear an automatic with the mag in.

They put dummies in wheel guns so they appear loaded on camera.

Clearing a prop gun is unrealistic. That's why they hire professionals to handle them.
Was it an automatic with a clip? I heard it was a time period weapon,
I'm just not sure what time period the movie was in?

Baldwin should be charged with involuntary manslaughter and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Imagine if it were Jon Voight what would be going on.

nope,, the last person is responsible,, and as per movie rules alec was supposed to check it when it was handed to him,,

View attachment 555434

That's true, but the guy incharge of that prop is also at fault. Alec isn't the only one liable.

If somebody hands you a weapon of any type, clearing and function check is the first thing you do. If it is a revolver, I would visually know what type of ammo if any, it was loaded with and reload it. I doubt there was a comprehensive safety briefing conducted on the set during filming.
they are supposed to have daily safety briefings,,

Was it an automatic with a clip? I heard it was a time period weapon,
I'm just not sure what time period the movie was in?
I addressed revolvers as well.

Also, it amuses me that the big bad gun loving republican said "clip".

Forum List

Back