Alec Baldwin Indicted

Not everyone is an ammosexual who thinks about guns all the time.

He was handed what he was told was a cold gun, that had been certified by an armorer.

That should have been good enough.

I was an Armorer when I was a service. When I issued a weapon, they rarely checked it for live rounds, because they knew I wasn't storing live rounds in the arms vault. (We also stored the bolts and weapons separately, but that's another issue.)
Whenever a firearm is in someone’s hands, it’s their responsibility to ensure the status of that firearm. If that person fails to check then points it at someone and kills them, tbat person committed a crime.

Is that the requirement on every movie using a gun?

The actor is responsible for gun safety?

Prove that and you might have a case
Any person who pulls the trigger of a firearm is responsible for using it in a safe manner. It doesn’t matter who handed to them or what was said while it’s being passed from hand to hand.

He was handed what he was told was a cold gun, that had been certified by an armorer.

I was an Armorer when I was a service. When I issued a weapon, they rarely checked it for live rounds, because they knew I wasn't storing live rounds in the arms vault. (We also stored the bolts and weapons separately, but that's another issue.)

Is that good enough for you? Would you have pulled that trigger?

He was told that it was a cold gun, when handed to him by an armorer.

For someone who supposedly has a lot of experience with guns, you have a misunderstanding of standard gun safety. Always, no matter what someone told you, no matter what you think, treat a gun as if it is loaded until you personally verify that it is not. If it leaves your sight or possession, check it again, particularly if you plan on pointing it at someone and pulling the trigger. There is absolutely no way I would do that until I verified myself or at the very least witnessed the verification just before being handed the gun.

Another point is why did they have live ammunition on the set at all? I am not in the movie industry, but it is my understanding that the producer(s) are the top dogs to which everyone else answers. Baldwin was the producer of the film.

If you were indeed an armorer in the military you know better than that. I suspect you are not telling the truths out your experience as an armorer.

I was in the army for more than 20 years. Every arms room I ever saw stored weapons completely assembled and ready to be locked and loaded. Never were bolts and rifles stored separately.

Every time the armorer or his assistant handed me my weapon, he pulled the bolt to the open position. The first thing I did when it was handed to me was check the chamber myself. The process was reversed when the weapon was returned to the arms room.

For someone who supposedly has a lot of experience with guns, you have a misunderstanding of standard gun safety. Always, no matter what someone told you, no matter what you think, treat a gun as if it is loaded until you personally verify that it is not. If it leaves you sight or possession, check it again, particularly if you plan on pointing it at someone and pulling the trigger. There is absolutely no way I would do that until I verified myself or at the very least witnessed the verification just before being handed the gun.

Another point is why did they have live ammunition on the set at all? I am not in the movie industry, but it is my understanding that the producer(s) are the top dogs to which everyone else answers. Baldwin was the producer of the film.

We all learned this rule before we were out of grammar school, but these cult dipshits and their enablers seem to think if someone hands you a gun and tells you it's not loaded, it's ok to point it at someone and pull the trigger.

This is a good indicator of leftist IQs, isn't it?

For someone who supposedly has a lot of experience with guns, you have a misunderstanding of standard gun safety. Always, no matter what someone told you, no matter what you think, treat a gun as if it is loaded until you personally verify that it is not. If it leaves your sight or possession, check it again, particularly if you plan on pointing it at someone and pulling the trigger. There is absolutely no way I would do that until I verified myself or at the very least witnessed the verification just before being handed the gun.

Yep, having live ammo on set is a major violation....and as a producer on the film he shares liability....

Yep, having live ammo on set is a major violation....and as a producer on the film he shares liability....
There is a shared responsibility in this. The armorer has already been dealt with.

The trigger puller is always responsible for the results of pulling that trigger.

There is no such thing as an accidental shooting. If it was unintended it’s a result of negligence.

Whenever a firearm is in someone’s hands, it’s their responsibility to ensure the status of that firearm. If that person fails to check then points it at someone and kills them, tbat person committed a crime.

Um, okay. Real world, people are rarely charged with crimes when something is ruled an accident.

Is that good enough for you? Would you have pulled that trigger?
Already answered, get someone to explain the big words to you, stupid.
And I can't tell you how careless people tended to be with weapons during field excercises, including leaving them in vehicles, etc. I tell you what, I had to hand out 100 weapons every field excercise, and most people did NOT check their weapons. No reason to, the Armorer assured them it was operation and not loaded. Now, yeah, when ammo was issued, that was another story.

Baldwin was assured by an armorer that he was handed a "Cold Gun".

Forum List

Back