Ahmaud Arbery's killers were convicted of murder. Now the feds want to prove they did it because he was Black

Jul 26, 2010
North Carolina
Georgia prosecutors proved Ahmaud Arbery's killers guilty of murder. Now, lawyers for the federal government will try to prove they chased down the 25-year-old jogger because he was Black.

That case may be tougher to make.

Jury selection in the federal hate crimes trial for the three White men begins Monday in Brunswick, Georgia, with prosecutors aiming to prove they pursued and tried to kidnap Arbery because of his race, resulting in his death.

On the line for the defendants -- already serving life sentences on state murder convictions -- are steep fines and more decades behind bars. But for some observers, the stakes reach far beyond the men on trial.

"It sends a message to every Black person everywhere that you can't hunt people down who are legitimately in a place just because you're afraid. Doing that is racist, and we will punish it," said hate crimes expert and Indiana University law professor Jeannine Bell. "It's not just that it is racist; the government cares about that."

I want to see these 3 racist clowns get everything that is coming to them.

Georgia prosecutors proved Ahmaud Arbery's killers guilty of murder. Now, lawyers for the federal government will try to prove they chased down the 25-year-old jogger because he was Black.

Jury selection in the federal hate crimes trial for the three White men begins Monday in Brunswick, Georgia, with prosecutors aiming to prove they pursued and tried to kidnap Arbery because of his race, resulting in his death.

On the line for the defendants -- already serving life sentences on state murder convictions -- are steep fines and more decades behind bars. But for some observers, the stakes reach far beyond the men on trial.

"It sends a message to every Black person everywhere that you can't hunt people down who are legitimately in a place just because you're afraid. Doing that is racist, and we will punish it," said hate crimes expert and Indiana University law professor Jeannine Bell. "It's not just that it is racist; the government cares about that."

At least that neighborhood doesnt have to worry about Arbery anymore. There is a silver lining in everything, including this miscarriage of justice.

Life sentence, not enough, eh, Sparky? Yeah, you'd be correct about actually proving they did the crime BASED on racism. I have no doubt you'd vote to castrate, then burn them at the stake, but average jurors in GA might not be so eager to engage in your level of racism.

If they're ON TAPE or have verifiable text or phone messages proving they went after this guy because he was black, then go for it. The disgusting irony with people like YOU is that what you want is not justice. You want revenge. All those like you who are pushing CRT want exactly the same thing. Whitey needs to pay in pain for everything they did, no matter how long ago it happened. Keep that up, let's see how it works out for ya.

Arbery was rotten thug! I wish his mother should be served the same justice as him.

Last edited:

Lol, says they are going to spend the rest of their lives in jail. What more do you want?

Life sentence, not enough, eh, Sparky? Yeah, you'd be correct about actually proving they did the crime BASED on racism. I have no doubt you'd vote to castrate, then burn them at the stake, but average jurors in GA might not be so eager to engage in your level of racism.

If they're ON TAPE or have verifiable text or phone messages proving they went after this guy because he was black, then go for it. The disgusting irony with people like YOU is that what you want is not justice. You want revenge. All those like you who are pushing CRT want exactly the same thing. Whitey needs to pay in pain for everything they did, no matter how long ago it happened. Keep that up, let's see how it works out for ya.
It would be good to have a long sentence imposed from Federal charges, as it would insure a single racist politician in Georgia, could not set them free of their crime. Not that I know any racists live and hold office in Georgia or might. What do you think? Could a racist one-day hold an elected position in Georgia and become or have influence in the Governor's office? Has a racist ever held the governorship in Georgia? I suspect the convicts are minor heroes to racists in this county and in that state.

It would be good to have a long sentence imposed from Federal charges, as it would insure a single racist politician in Georgia, could not set them free of their crime. Not that I know any racists live and hold office in Georgia or might. What do you think? Could a racist one-day hold an elected position in Georgia and become or have influence in the Governor's office? Has a racist ever held the governorship in Georgia? I suspect the convicts are minor heroes to racists in this county and in that state.
The only people here that are racist are the people that want to McMichaels in jail. they are heroes they followed a thug that was terrorizing that neighborhood

What else can they get? Didn’t they get life without parole? I mean I guess you can add on to it but I’m not sure what that does. The Fed doesn’t do the death penalty does it? And I’d rather be in Fed Prison than State.

Two of these three gentlemen didn't kill anybody. And lets DON'T forget that Arbery chose to both confront AND seize a weapon that went off and killed him. Don't factor that in at all. Its fascinating that the "justice System" found ALL three guilt of murder. For that matter, they could just as well have blamed them for sinking the Titanic, assassinating JFK or blowing up the space shuttle, too. This was just another HUGE miscarriage of justice up there with convicting Chauvin of MURDER of a asshole that ACTUALY overdosed on fentanyl.

Gee, since the feds are so pursuant of race, I wonder if they'll do the same to that black BLM supporter who went to a white neighborhood to kill as many white people as he could? You know, the one that ran over 46 white people killing 6 of them including an 8 year old white boy? :eusa_shhh:

The only people here that are racist are the people that want to McMichaels in jail. they are heroes they followed a thug that was terrorizing that neighborhood
That is not how you do that. Not right. Arbery was Isolated, unarmed, outnumbered by them, and they were armed and mounted in multiple vehicles, while he jogged on foot, unsuspecting. Heroes? NO. You have a funny way of picking heroes.
By the way, are you saying all 12 jurors and the judge are racists, black and white, alike?

That is not how you do that. Not right. Arbery was Isolated, unarmed, outnumbered by them, and they were armed and mounted in multiple vehicles, while he jogged on foot, unsuspecting. Heroes? NO. You have a funny way of picking heroes.
By the way, are you saying all 12 jurors and the judge are racists, black and white, alike?
Lying because you have white southern men .. racist

If they go after any evidence that the three were somehow racist co-conspirators in the alledged plot against Arbery, then hopefully they will do their charge on investigating equally both sides of the equation, otherwise in order to have the complete picture of all parties involved or present in the events of that day. To investigate half of the equation is looking for lopsided justice to occur, and that seems to be the political environment for which we all are living in these days.

Hey, if the blacks can have paintings and put murals on streets of Floyd who was a dope head with a rap sheet for several violations of the law, then why can't a white person call those guys heroes?

At least that neighborhood doesnt have to worry about Arbery anymore. There is a silver lining in everything, including this miscarriage of justice.
Well they won't have to worry about these 3 racist anymore either, in about a year they will probably wish they were dead. Yea I see your silver lining.

I know they were just 3 innocent all american white guys protecting their neighborhood from the black criminal. Too bad they couldn't get 12 white folks to see it that way.
Great speech Bull Connor, but too bad this is not 1958. Who is pushing CRT? Tell us what CRT is.

Two of these three gentlemen didn't kill anybody. And lets DON'T forget that Arbery chose to both confront AND seize a weapon that went off and killed him. Don't factor that in at all. Its fascinating that the "justice System" found ALL three guilt of murder. For that matter, they could just as well have blamed them for sinking the Titanic, assassinating JFK or blowing up the space shuttle, too. This was just another HUGE miscarriage of justice up there with convicting Chauvin of MURDER of a asshole that ACTUALY overdosed on fentanyl.
I know when the defense picked this jury, they thought they had 12 white jurors who think like you. Too bad for them this wasn't the JW Milam/Roy Bryant jury. See in the minds of racist they have no problem with 3 rednecks chasing down and black man and killing him for no reason other than they THOUGHT he may have done something wrong. Sorry this isn't 1954 , you aren't allowed to chase down black folks and murder them anymore unless you have a badge.

Gee, since the feds are so pursuant of race, I wonder if they'll do the same to that black BLM supporter who went to a white neighborhood to kill as many white people as he could? You know, the one that ran over 46 white people killing 6 of them including an 8 year old white boy? :eusa_shhh:
How long did it take for him to be arrested?

I am pretty sure Justice will play out in his trial, it would be great if he and these 3 could be on the same cell block together.

Forum List

Back