Ahmaud Arbery Judge Used Defendants' Comments Against Them in Handing Down Life Sentences

You have just conceded that you have no logical explanation.

You're so fucking stupid that you just believe the false narrative on the fake news without a hint of skepticism, even though the video evidence clearly proves your false belief wrong.
Aside from the fact the video is just one piece of the puzzle, it shows Arbery engaging in self-defense, fighting for his life, from someone threatening him with a shotgun.

They almost got away with it because they were let go by local officials. Had those morons not released the video of the shooting to the public, which generated such a huge public outcry for a trial, , they never would have been charged.

Look, you can "what if" this into the ground and it won't change the fact that justice was meted out righteously and fully. The three men who are responsible for Arbery's death are in prison, and in prison they will stay. Nobody got away with anything.

That's a textbook example of "justice"...

Look, you can "what if" this into the ground and it won't change the fact that justice was meted out righteously and fully. The three men who are responsible for Arbery's death are in prison, and in prison they will stay. Nobody got away with anything.

That's a textbook example of "justice"...
Letting them go for months until evidence got released to the public resulting in the state getting involved is not "textbook."
icon_rolleyes.gif

Before announcing the life sentences for all three defendants: Travis and Gregory McMichael and William "Roddie" Bryant, Judge Timothy Walmsley spoke about previous comments they made before, during and after the fatal shooting of Arbery.

"In my opinion, Greg McMichael very early on in this tried to establish a narrative. He made comments Ahmaud Arbery 'was trapped like a rat,'" Walmsley said. "[He] effectively admitted that he wasn't sure what Ahmaud Arbery had done wrong. 'I don't think the guy has actually stolen anything out there or if he did it was early in the process but he keeps going back over and over again into this damn house.'"

Walmsley continued, "getting back to the narrative, he told Travis 'you have no choice.'"

Walmsley then went on to discuss past comments made by Travis McMichael saying that he claimed he was in shock after the shooting but "talks about his concerns for his child and his own well-being, part of this was while the victim laying there in the street."

"Commented, 'this is the worst day of my life' and I think it's been touched on here today, there were other individuals that were impacted," the judge said. "Mr. Bryant. He joined in after calling to the McMichael's 'ya'll got him?' Claimed he didn't know what was going on but obviously wanted to know if this individual who was running through the neighborhood, who he didn't know, had been caught in some way."

Walmsley also noted that Bryant previously said, 'if this guy would have stopped, this would have never happened.'"

Travis and Greg McMichael were both sentenced to life in prison without parole, while Bryant was sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole. The three were previously convicted in the murder of Arbery in November of last year.

This is how the Justice System is actually supposed to work. Too bad we don't have many Judges like this one, maybe there is hope for the Justice System in this country after all.
good glad they got the justice sentences they deserve

our system isn’t perfect, but by far the best there is. in leftist regimes like China or NK, you would never find such justice.

aren’t you the one that suggested this case wasn’t a good example of how are court system works?

No, I am stating it's a perfect example of how the justice system does not work for many.

Not liking the outcomes of court cases doesn't mean the system is broken. Cases like this one prove that when a case is properly prosecuted, justice prevails...

Did you say that about the Travon Martin shooting? I'm sure you did.

Last edited:
No, I am stating it's a perfect example of how the justice system does not work for many.
how did it not work? You think these guys got railroaded or something? I suppose that can be your view....I tend to disagree, and think the jury got it 100 percent right

how did it not work? You think these guys got railroaded or something? I suppose that can be your view....I tend to disagree, and think the jury got it 100 percent right

You are fully aware of that I am saying. It's been discussed here by many.

Yea unlike Rittenhouse that was very obviously self defense, I think these guys were two morons who made a bad decision. I mean if you admit you had no idea he did something wrong then call the cops and let them sort it out. Why chase him in your truck?

Well we are not all stupid like that. If we see suspicious activity, we grab a gun, a camera and place a phone call. The gun is only if said suspicious behavior turns deadly. Not to seek out deadly behavior.

You are fully aware of that I am saying. It's been discussed here by many.
No, I am not....this case highlights that despite even failures of some, that the Justice System still works. There was failures by those in the frontline, and they too are now being prosecuted.

Forum List

Back