Agree or not: The rich benefit the most from tax money?

Seems to me that the 47% that doesn't pay any Federal Income tax would benefit the most.

Yeah, living in poverty is wonderful. The rich got their riches thanks in part to our government, infrastructure, and stability, which is what my point was.

And the rich are hardly suffering from their higher % of taxes being paid. I don't understand why so many complain about the rich paying so much in taxes when I assume most of the people making those complaints aren't rich themselves.

Very simple, it's not fair.

But its fair that 1% of the population have 95% of the wealth?

Seems to me that the 47% that doesn't pay any Federal Income tax would benefit the most.

Yeah, living in poverty is wonderful. The rich got their riches thanks in part to our government, infrastructure, and stability, which is what my point was.

And the rich are hardly suffering from their higher % of taxes being paid. I don't understand why so many complain about the rich paying so much in taxes when I assume most of the people making those complaints aren't rich themselves.

Life isn't fair, and it never has been. Not once in the history of humankind.

It matched yours pretty well.
Wrong-o.

First off, roads and local services are paid for locally with property taxes fuel taxes and user fees. Secondly, nobody is ever given any choice as to whether or not they will utilize those agencies. Third of all, nobody is doing any lobbying in those areas.

Three time loser.
You said:

When did any of them ask for all that "benevolent patronage" of Big Daddy Big Gubmint?

And they do, all the time.
Non sequitur for a non sequitur.

In response to the rest of your post, I don't really agree with the OP, so I don't know who you're attempting to argue with. Also - there is constant lobbying in those areas - from construction companies who want the contracts to build the roads, etc etc.

You'd be surprised who comes out of the woodwork when new infrastructure projects are announced.

Lobbyists lobby to deal with bureaucracies and regulatory structures that already exist, not to bring them about in the first place.

Claiming the lobbyists are responsible is like saying a runny nose causes the common cold.

The issue starts when you have a minority of people paying for the majority of your benefits, and the realizes the minority really cannot do anything to stop it.

At a certian point taxes become a punishment for our most productive and educated citizens, and nothing more than an outlet for people jelous of anyone making more than them to show they are "sticking it to those rich folks"

How is it punishment when the rich make tons of money and live luxuriously, even with paying high taxes?

Seems forcing people to pay taxes or higher taxes when they are barely able to get by with what they are making is more punishing. Many companies don't want to pay livable wages while the owners make extreme amounts of money. Why is it that the last few decades the CEOs and owners are making so much more than the average worker salary, while that discrepancy in pay was much less in the days where one income family was enough to live the middle class life.

Whenever the top few horde all the money is when things usually turn to shit

That isn't government's business. If society wants to tell basketball players and movie stars that they are shitheads for making multiple millions a year, that's fine. Keep government and assholes like Barack Hussein Obama out of citizen's pockets and make that jerk and his wife stay home and quit wasting my money going to fucking Haiti or campaign stops.

Wrong-o.

First off, roads and local services are paid for locally with property taxes fuel taxes and user fees. Secondly, nobody is ever given any choice as to whether or not they will utilize those agencies. Third of all, nobody is doing any lobbying in those areas.

Three time loser.
You said:

When did any of them ask for all that "benevolent patronage" of Big Daddy Big Gubmint?

And they do, all the time.
Non sequitur for a non sequitur.

In response to the rest of your post, I don't really agree with the OP, so I don't know who you're attempting to argue with. Also - there is constant lobbying in those areas - from construction companies who want the contracts to build the roads, etc etc.

You'd be surprised who comes out of the woodwork when new infrastructure projects are announced.

Lobbyists lobby to deal with bureaucracies and regulatory structures that already exist, not to bring them about in the first place.

Claiming the lobbyists are responsible is like saying a runny nose causes the common cold.

I certainly wasn't claiming that lobbyists are responsible for anything. They're a symptom, not a cause.

That isn't government's business. If society wants to tell basketball players and movie stars that they are shitheads for making multiple millions a year, that's fine. Keep government and assholes like Barack Hussein Obama out of citizen's pockets and make that jerk and his wife stay home and quit wasting my money going to fucking Haiti or campaign stops.

:cuckoo:

The issue starts when you have a minority of people paying for the majority of your benefits, and the realizes the minority really cannot do anything to stop it.

At a certian point taxes become a punishment for our most productive and educated citizens, and nothing more than an outlet for people jelous of anyone making more than them to show they are "sticking it to those rich folks"

What about when a tiny minority is making the majority of the money? YOu don't see a problem with that?

Then know what? if you want the money so bad go to them the honorable way, with a gun in your hand, take it and distribute it to the masses. Thats effectively the same thing you would be doing when you use the goverment to take people's money via increased taxes to do what YOU want done with it. You are just using the government as a middle man.

This isnt about taxes in general. It is about the concept that you can soak the affluent of your society just because of your own class envy.

I don't have that issue, so I see excessive taxing as unfair. Is it unfair that some people are poor? yes it is. But why not ask the rich people to do something instead of forcing them through taxation?

That argument can also be used when describing poverty. Its a two way street.

Try understanding the concept of freedom and equality.. not just just your warped sense of selective equality when it benefits you, and allowing unequal treatment of others when it benefits you
Oh, do tell what benefits I"m getting? I pay taxes, I get no government assistance, never have, and hopefully never will.

Why the constant ASSumption that anybody that supports gov't programs to help people in times of need wants a free hand out, when the majority of the people that vote and support these programs never use them in the first place. Sounds like an attempt to rationalize in an attempt to not sound heartless

And You have equal access to roads, libraries, national defense, courts, etc as everyone else... you have the freedom to start a business that uses roads and courts and everything else as well.. if you don't do as much, that is on you and does not mean you do not benefit equally in access like everyone else

Oh.. and if you wish to support something to 'help', do it voluntarily.. not trying to be generous with the monies of others....

Last edited:

:cuckoo:

Yea, I'm the crazy one, sure. You voted for an anti capitalist dickhead and you sit patiently for any of his bullshit ideas to pay off and trickle down to you......... but you aren't crazy.

What about when a tiny minority is making the majority of the money? YOu don't see a problem with that?

You have the freedom to make as much as you can... nothing is stopping you except your own decisions, your own effort, etc

On a percentage basis, i doubt it's close:

- Everyone utilizes the military for safety. We don't really have a choice in the matter. Rich people don't access or use any more military services than middle-class/poor people do.
- Most people access the public school system. If you're going to say that it benefits the employer, then you have to consider just as much of a benefit to the employee.
- Same as the education system, everyone benefits from the infrastructure system. An employer couldn't benefit from the infrastructure if his/her employee doesn't.
- Student loan programs are generally available to everyone and pretty much fits under the same umbrella as the education system. If the employee hasn't benefitted from the education that the loan and school system provided, then the employer can't.
- Maybe there are some technologies that benefit employers more than employees, like machines or techniques that make an employees job easier, but that's still a benefit to the employee as well.
- Like everything else mentioned, patents are available to anyone, meaning anyone with a patent worthy product can get one and then use it to grow a business. In fact, you might argue that this helps the poor/middle class more in that it prevents an evil rich person from stealing their idea/product.

Ever thought about how the middle-class and pool benefit from rich people? For one, there's actually some tax money to spend on things that everyone accesses. If someone has a multi-million dollar home, they're going to pay higher property taxes which are applied to schools in the area. If there were no rich people in the area, the schools would suffer from less tax money.

Further, if there were no rich people who needed people to work for them in order to get/keep their business running, then those people lose a source of income.

I really can't wrap my head around the concept that rich people are a bad thing. The overwhelming majority of rich people are rich because they're smart/talented and have provided a good or service to the public that is wanted, and in the process, they employ millions of people to provide said good or service. What's so horrible about that?

Then why in hell did you even bring them up?

Just as a response to your non-sequitur.
I have absolutely NFI what in hell you're talking about.

Not only did the incredibly condescending OP had virtually zero do do with income taxes (those most talked about when taxes for the "wealthy" are brought up), it gives a list of services that nobody is ever asked as to whether they want them or not. IOW, they're forced upon us as a matter of course, so claiming that they're a defacto benefit to the eeeevil wealthy, more so than anyone else, is as dopey a premise that there is.

Agree or not: The rich benefit the most from tax money.

This the new tactic of the left? There is only one side to an issue now?

I guess if you think the rich own people you'd have a point. Maybe you just think we all work for the government.

And much more unfair for the common folks than the rich

Forum List

Back