After vaccination, can we get rid of masks? No according to Dr Fauci

Perhaps the wearing of masks should be the "new-normal" forever. There is always some contagious disease among us that could kill people. Just think of the lives that could of been saved if people were "social distancing" and wearing masks before Covid-19.

We could also save many lives by reducing the speed limit to 30 mph and requiring everyone driving/riding in cars to wear helmets.

I'm sure that there are many other risky things people do regularly that could be made much safer if we were to put our minds to it. People need to minimize their risks when ever possible, freedom be damned!

After Covid is behind us, maybe if Democrats stay in charge, they will be demanding we wear masks during flu season. After all, the common flu kills between 15,000 and 30,000 Americans every year, and many more infected.

We also lose about 100,000 Americans a year on overdoses. Most of our heroin comes from that southern border Biden wants to weaken.
If just one life is saved it it worth it....... Right? :laugh2:

Like I posted before
The vaccine is 95 percent effective.

Do you feel lucky? Or will you be the one in twenty it doesn’t work on?

I would probably still wear one in high risk situations.

And that's fine, it should be your choice, not the Presidents. Your chance of catching Covid now is pretty slim. If 95% of the people can't get it or spread it, that's 323 million people out of our population of 340 million who are safe. It's virtually impossible that the other 17 million people will catch it because there's nobody to catch it from.

In light of Biden's claim he will institute a national mask mandate, will he continue that mandate even after everybody is vaccinated? And if so, for how long? Fauci said "well into 2021" whatever the hell that means. It could mean if Biden keeps his win, we could still be wearing masks this time next year. Is this what we voted for, especially if a vaccine is showing remarkable results?

There is much you have to learn about pandemics. The vaccine will be a big help, but it won't be the end of our problems. First of all thanks to Trump, there is great distrust thanks to the number and voracity of his COVID lies. For the vaccine to work, 65% of people on earth need to take it. Be lucky to make 50% here in the US thanks to the lies combined with the anti-vax movement.

Secondly, the first edition of the vaccine won't account for the fact that the virus will morph and bounce back and forth between out country and others. Each year it will need to be tweaked same as the flu vaccine is each year.

Listen to Fauci - Listen to the truth - Listen to SCIENCE

Smart advice. I saw his interview with Jake Tapper on CNN this afternoon. He did say at the end of the interview that eventually, after enough people had been vaccinated that it might be possible.

The problem is you have a commie President getting in that's going to unconstitutionally force citizens to wear masks instead of leaving that decision to themselves. If Trump is still President, then anything Fauci said would be moot. I wouldn't have even read the article.

Could you show me the part of the constitution that says it is okay for you to endanger my life with your droplets? I'll wait.

Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious diseases expert, on Sunday recommended continued protections such as wearing masks and social distancing after a coronavirus vaccine becomes available.

CNN’s Jake Tapper asked Fauci on "State of the Union" if “once the process is complete, does that mean [people] can take off their masks, they don't have to social distance, they can just go about their lives as before?”

“I would recommend that that is not the case. I would recommend you have an added area of protection,” Fauci replied.
“Obviously, with a 90-plus percent effective vaccine, you could feel much more confident. But I would recommend to people to not abandon all public health measures just because you have been vaccinated, because even though, for the general population, it might be 90 to 95 percent effective, you don't necessarily know, for you, how effective it is,” he added.

“We are not going to turn it on and off, going from where we are to completely normal. It's going to be a gradual accrual of more normality as the weeks and the months go by, as we get well into 2021,” Fauci said.

In light of Biden's claim he will institute a national mask mandate, will he continue that mandate even after everybody is vaccinated? And if so, for how long? Fauci said "well into 2021" whatever the hell that means. It could mean if Biden keeps his win, we could still be wearing masks this time next year. Is this what we voted for, especially if a vaccine is showing remarkable results?
I bought a shitload of N95 masks from Amazon before the mask mandate.

I don't know if they are real N-95's. My sister works in a hospital and she said each one has to be fitted to the individual.
I adjust my N95 so it doesn't cover my nose. The damned thing itches my nose.

Without your nose covered, any mask including the N-95 is worthless.

Like I posted before

And that's fine, it should be your choice, not the Presidents. Your chance of catching Covid now is pretty slim. If 95% of the people can't get it or spread it, that's 323 million people out of our population of 340 million who are safe. It's virtually impossible that the other 17 million people will catch it because there's nobody to catch it from.
11 million cases and counting

Like I posted before

11 million cases and counting

Actually, there are 220 million cases in America. The 11 million represents confirmed cases, WHO estimates that there are 20 actual cases for each confirmed one.

And that's fine, it should be your choice, not the Presidents.

Why should spreading a deadly infection be a matter of choice?

Why should government be making that choice for you? I think you yearn for the Soviet Union days. Your statement is very telling. As I mentioned earlier, if government has the right to force us to wear masks for Covid and can get away with it, what's stopping them from forcing us to wear masks the rest of our natural life? Like the flu, the virus only kills a fraction of the people who get Covid. Is this the way you want to live until your death?

Could you show me the part of the constitution that says it is okay for you to endanger my life with your droplets? I'll wait.

Can you show me in the Constitution where is says I can't? Individual choices are not a government matter in a free country.

Why should government be making that choice for you?

Because the government has a responsibility for the safety and well being of We the People.

You do not have a “choice” of whether you should infect other people

There is much you have to learn about pandemics. The vaccine will be a big help, but it won't be the end of our problems. First of all thanks to Trump, there is great distrust thanks to the number and voracity of his COVID lies. For the vaccine to work, 65% of people on earth need to take it. Be lucky to make 50% here in the US thanks to the lies combined with the anti-vax movement.

Secondly, the first edition of the vaccine won't account for the fact that the virus will morph and bounce back and forth between out country and others. Each year it will need to be tweaked same as the flu vaccine is each year.

Listen to Fauci - Listen to the truth - Listen to SCIENCE

Dr Fauci is not God. His OPINION is that of one man. One man should not have the ability to force his will on the other 340 million people. Every year tens of millions decide not to get the flu shot. If you want to be protected from the flu, then you can get the shot yourself, but don't make it incumbent on me to protect you.

President Trump gave his opinion on the virus, especially early on. He did not lie about anything. Do you know who's trying to interfere with Trump's distribution of the vaccine? Commie Cuomo. He filed a lawsuit to stop Trump. It was Whorris who stated she would never take a vaccine under the leadership of President Trump.

Can you show me in the Constitution where is says I can't? Individual choices are not a government matter in a free country.
You do not have an individual choice to harm others

Why should government be making that choice for you?

Because the government has a responsibility for the safety and well being of We the People.

You do not have a “choice” of whether you should infect other people

Show me anywhere in the Constitution or law that states the government has the power to control the actions of others in any situation. They do not. Yes, I do have the choice to infect other people, just like people who do not get a flu shot every year.

There are many things that aren't in the constitution. That doesn't make them "unconstitutional" as you claim Ray.
Look at it this way - There have been people who infected others with AIDS - Sometimes purposefully and sometimes because they couldn't be bothered to put on a damn rubber.
Some of them did serious time in prison.
Your personal FreeDumbs END when you endanger my life or the lives of those I love.

There are many things that aren't in the constitution. That doesn't make them "unconstitutional" as you claim Ray.
Look at it this way - There have been people who infected others with AIDS - Sometimes purposefully and sometimes because they couldn't be bothered to put on a damn rubber.
Some of them did serious time in prison.
Your personal FreeDumbs END when you endanger my life or the lives of those I love.

The only people who went to prison were those who had knowledge of their illness and deliberately spread it to other people. Nobody who had the disease ever went to jail or prison simply because they didn't know it at the time or didn't take preventative measures.

Yes, forcing people to act against their own will is unconstitutional. The Constitution grants us the right of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious diseases expert, on Sunday recommended continued protections such as wearing masks and social distancing after a coronavirus vaccine becomes available.

CNN’s Jake Tapper asked Fauci on "State of the Union" if “once the process is complete, does that mean [people] can take off their masks, they don't have to social distance, they can just go about their lives as before?”

“I would recommend that that is not the case. I would recommend you have an added area of protection,” Fauci replied.
“Obviously, with a 90-plus percent effective vaccine, you could feel much more confident. But I would recommend to people to not abandon all public health measures just because you have been vaccinated, because even though, for the general population, it might be 90 to 95 percent effective, you don't necessarily know, for you, how effective it is,” he added.

“We are not going to turn it on and off, going from where we are to completely normal. It's going to be a gradual accrual of more normality as the weeks and the months go by, as we get well into 2021,” Fauci said.

Smart advice. I saw his interview with Jake Tapper on CNN this afternoon. He did say at the end of the interview that eventually, after enough people had been vaccinated that it might be possible.

EDIT - Biden won. Deal with it.
You deal with it. Wearing face diapers is idiotic and can be harmful to the wearer.

EDIT - Biden won. Deal with it.
You deal with it. Wearing face diapers is idiotic and can be harmful to the wearer.

If it's harmful to you then stay home. I know people who suffer from PTSD who are managing wearing masks in public quite bravely. You have no right to impose your stupidity and carelessness on other people.
The CDC has said that masks slow down and prevent the spread of the virus. I don't give a shit what some pencil head dealing in microns posits. People like you are the reason we constantly find ourselves in
this situation and why we won't be able to return to anything approaching normal.

Forum List

Back