Did anyone else appear to get "super-immunity" after the COVID pandemic?

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
My wife and I were never vaccinated, nor do we get flu shots every year. I had COVID back in 2020 and it was like a mild case of the flu that lasted three days. And then poof, it was gone. My wife also had it in 2021, and it went away after a week.

Since then, neither one of us has had so much as a sniffle. I used to get the flu every couple years, and my wife used to get it every year. But since 2020, neither one of us has even had a cold.

First genetic clue why some people do not get sick from COVID​

People who have a particular genetic variant are twice as likely to never get sick when they contract COVID-19, researchers said on Wednesday, offering the first potential explanation for the lucky group dubbed the "super dodgers".

Those who have two copies of the variant are eight times more likely to never get any symptoms from COVID, according to the study in the journal Nature.

Previous research has suggested that at least 20 percent of the millions of COVID infections during the pandemic were asymptomatic."

First genetic clue why some people do not get sick from COVID

My wife and I were never vaccinated, nor do we get flu shots every year. I had COVID back in 2020 and it was like a mild case of the flu that lasted three days. And then poof, it was gone. My wife also had it in 2021, and it went away after a week.

Since then, neither one of us has had so much as a sniffle. I used to get the flu every couple years, and my wife used to get it every year. But since 2020, neither one of us has even had a cold.

People who have a particular genetic variant are twice as likely to never get sick when they contract COVID-19, researchers said on Wednesday, offering the first potential explanation for the lucky group dubbed the "super dodgers".

Those who have two copies of the variant are eight times more likely to never get any symptoms from COVID, according to the study in the journal Nature.

Previous research has suggested that at least 20 percent of the millions of COVID infections during the pandemic were asymptomatic."

Yes, but I knew this even before the Covid shots. I used to get flu shots and then noticed in the years I got them that I was sicker than ever, and with everything. Asked my dr about it and she said, yes, they can mess with your immune system like that. So stopped getting them, and have been relatively healthy. But you're right: even since NOT getting the Covid shots I rarely get sick. Got Covid early in 2021, and it was not fun (but not terrible), and then a very mild case in August 2022 and have not been sick much since. Or maybe not even at all.

Bottom line: Do not mess with your immune system via the vaccines. Not only bad for the heart, but the immune system, which also fights off big diseases. Like cancer.

Yes, but I knew this even before the Covid shots. I used to get flu shots and then noticed in the years I got them that I was sicker than ever, and with everything. Asked my dr about it and she said, yes, they can mess with your immune system like that. So stopped getting them, and have been relatively healthy. But you're right: even since NOT getting the Covid shots I rarely get sick. Got Covid early in 2021, and it was not fun (but not terrible), and then a very mild case in August 2022 and have not been sick much since. Or maybe not even at all.

Bottom line: Do not mess with your immune system via the vaccines. Not only bad for the heart, but the immune system, which also fights off big diseases. Like cancer.

That's really something. I had one flu shot back in the late 70's, it made me sicker than a dog.

Hey, they done cooked something up in China special for this election season.

(Probably at Fauci's orders)

Hey, they done cooked something up in China special for this election season.

(Probably at Fauci's orders)

I believe that would be the "disease X" the media has been slobbering about. Fat chance of them pulling that off like they did in 2020 with COVID.

Plus where are all the riots like we saw then? Nobody will ever convince me that all those BLM/Antifa riots were a "grass roots" occurrence.

But you can bet we're going to get some kind of election year surprise, meant to influence the outcome of the election. Wait for it.

I believe that would be the "disease X" the media has been slobbering about. Fat chance of them pulling that off like they did in 2020 with COVID.

Plus where are all the riots like we saw then? Nobody will ever convince me that all those BLM/Antifa riots were a "grass roots" occurrence.

But you can bet we're going to get some kind of election year surprise, meant to influence the outcome of the election. Wait for it.
More like brace yourself for it. TBH, I wouldn't put anything past the Obama 3rd term administration.

It existing is testament to their boldness.

That's really something. I had one flu shot back in the late 70's, it made me sicker than a dog.
I got the flu real bad in the 80s, haven't had it since. That's a helluva story, can't give too many details.

It was at a wedding reception, and the bride and groom both got it, too. There was no honeymoon until

several days after the reception.

Exactly the same jab CV as you two . Zero . Ever .
But did once in the last decade have a bout of "Flu" which lasted for four days .

But your post has thrown me, because I am not aware of any disease that has asymptomatic patients . It has seemed a logic impossibility
BECAUSE without at least one unique symptom it is impossible to make any sound or sane prognosis . It could only be a guess, and guessing is not the practise of medicine .

Am lost but I will bust my gut to find the truth which is what any decent Contrarian automatically tries to do .

I rarely get sick even though I have chronic asthma and some lung damage from having severe whooping cough as an infant and then multiple bouts of pneumonia growing up in shitty mold and cockroach infested tenements.

I noticed the couple times I had the flu it made me superimmune to colds and such for a few years after. Not sure why, particularly since one of those times it was double pneumonia and about 5 months before I finally was able to get all the sticky gook out of my lungs.

I just got over a cold, that shows up every couple of years that lasts about a week. Other than that, I've been fine. No Covid ever, no shot(s) either. Not even a DR visit.

I'm in my 60s and have always been anti-drugs anti-shots ever since a doctor made me extremely ill by prescribing me the wrong medication when I was 18. I've never had a flu shot, never had the flu. I certainly did not get the experimental Covid double jab and never got Covid, although I suppose I could have gotten an asymptomatic case.

I try not to think about all of this too much. I never got the shot. I think I had Covid last fall based upon my symptoms. I never was tested because I never went to my doctor.

Easy. Don’t ever get tested. then I honestly say “I’ve never had ChinaFauchiDem“ virus. All it was was a panic situation created to rig the vote and kill Trump supporters.

They reclassified deaths. Death count was near normal but normally expected flu, pneumonia, and respitory deaths disappeared (became Covid). They ramped it thru NY MI WASH nursing homes too, to up the count faster.

it worked for them, they stole millions of votes.

Easy. Don’t ever get tested. then I honestly say “I’ve never had ChinaFauchiDem“ virus. All it was was a panic situation created to rig the vote and kill Trump supporters.

They reclassified deaths. Death count was near normal but normally expected flu, pneumonia, and respitory deaths disappeared (became Covid). They ramped it thru NY MI WASH nursing homes too, to up the count faster.

it worked for them, they stole millions of votes.

oh I forgot. The test is bogus too. 50% false positive results. This allowed them to keep the shutdowns going and going. Cripple the workforce, kill Trump economy.

Yup.
Same basic circumstances here.

When my kids were younger, the whole family would get the flu and I usually would be the only one in the house not affected.

Covid was a mild cold and I never got the experimental vaxx.

Covid is rarely lethal to younger, healthy people.

Forum List

Back