After vaccination, can we get rid of masks? No according to Dr Fauci

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2015
Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious diseases expert, on Sunday recommended continued protections such as wearing masks and social distancing after a coronavirus vaccine becomes available.

CNN’s Jake Tapper asked Fauci on "State of the Union" if “once the process is complete, does that mean [people] can take off their masks, they don't have to social distance, they can just go about their lives as before?”

“I would recommend that that is not the case. I would recommend you have an added area of protection,” Fauci replied.
“Obviously, with a 90-plus percent effective vaccine, you could feel much more confident. But I would recommend to people to not abandon all public health measures just because you have been vaccinated, because even though, for the general population, it might be 90 to 95 percent effective, you don't necessarily know, for you, how effective it is,” he added.

“We are not going to turn it on and off, going from where we are to completely normal. It's going to be a gradual accrual of more normality as the weeks and the months go by, as we get well into 2021,” Fauci said.

In light of Biden's claim he will institute a national mask mandate, will he continue that mandate even after everybody is vaccinated? And if so, for how long? Fauci said "well into 2021" whatever the hell that means. It could mean if Biden keeps his win, we could still be wearing masks this time next year. Is this what we voted for, especially if a vaccine is showing remarkable results?

Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious diseases expert, on Sunday recommended continued protections such as wearing masks and social distancing after a coronavirus vaccine becomes available.

CNN’s Jake Tapper asked Fauci on "State of the Union" if “once the process is complete, does that mean [people] can take off their masks, they don't have to social distance, they can just go about their lives as before?”

“I would recommend that that is not the case. I would recommend you have an added area of protection,” Fauci replied.
“Obviously, with a 90-plus percent effective vaccine, you could feel much more confident. But I would recommend to people to not abandon all public health measures just because you have been vaccinated, because even though, for the general population, it might be 90 to 95 percent effective, you don't necessarily know, for you, how effective it is,” he added.

“We are not going to turn it on and off, going from where we are to completely normal. It's going to be a gradual accrual of more normality as the weeks and the months go by, as we get well into 2021,” Fauci said.

In light of Biden's claim he will institute a national mask mandate, will he continue that mandate even after everybody is vaccinated? And if so, for how long? Fauci said "well into 2021" whatever the hell that means. It could mean if Biden keeps his win, we could still be wearing masks this time next year. Is this what we voted for, especially if a vaccine is showing remarkable results?

Smart advice. I saw his interview with Jake Tapper on CNN this afternoon. He did say at the end of the interview that eventually, after enough people had been vaccinated that it might be possible.

EDIT - Biden won. Deal with it.

Smart advice. I saw his interview with Jake Tapper on CNN this afternoon. He did say at the end of the interview that eventually, after enough people had been vaccinated that it might be possible.

The problem is you have a commie President getting in that's going to unconstitutionally force citizens to wear masks instead of leaving that decision to themselves. If Trump is still President, then anything Fauci said would be moot. I wouldn't have even read the article.

I bought a shitload of N95 masks from Amazon before the mask mandate.

I don't know if they are real N-95's. My sister works in a hospital and she said each one has to be fitted to the individual.

The operation is all about getting Trump out. At this point, if he wins these election fraud cases, they will use the 'Covid deaths rising' fear factor on the population to trigger new riots and huge protests- maybe civil war.,,...if Trump supporters get pissed off enough.
Biden will mandate masks - they want their authoritarian father figure to save us all.

The narrative seems to be even if he's right, Trump should give up to avoid unrest.

The operation is all about getting Trump out. At this point, if he wins these election fraud cases, they will use the 'Covid deaths rising' fear factor on the population to trigger new riots and huge protests- maybe civil war.,,...if Trump supporters get pissed off enough.

There have been stories about Biden knowing about the vaccine before the President. I think there's a lot of dirty crap going on here. Of course big pharma is pissed at Trump for trying to bring down medication costs.

hackz.jpg

I don't know if they are real N-95's. My sister works in a hospital and she said each one has to be fitted to the individual.
I adjust my N95 so it doesn't cover my nose. The damned thing itches my nose.

One thing each person is going to have to learn for themselves is that it isn't about the virus.
It's about the control.

It's beginning to look that way. We have roughly 340 million people in this country. That means if everybody got the vaccination and it's (on the low end) 90% effective, it's working on 306 million people. If I decide not to wear a mask or social distance, what's my chances of catching this thing? Better yet, what are the chances that the 34 million people would catch it either?

Maybe people like this just get off on wearing masks.

EDIT - Biden won. Deal with it.
Fauci is a cuomo swamp rat----he says whatever the political winds want and he knows his shit wouldn't fly with the medical community so he tells them different the following day. No vaccine is 100% effective and it doesn't need to be---in order to get herd immunity from a disease that has less than a .5 percent kill rate. Keeping the masks on is doing more damage than the virus and would make even far less sense if most are vaccinated with a supposed vaccine that works.

that isn't going to be the case though, because the virus is about CONTROL and having a CRISIS as an excuse to get federal taxpayer funds.

if you don't wanna wear a mask, just say: "for medical reasons, i am exempt from wearing a mask!"

Forum List

Back