After The Veto - What Now

What funding bill will pass?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, if they really believe what they are saying.

That is the point Kathy. Dems know we are not losing in Iraq - but their base thimks we are

I would be shocked if the Dems committed political suicide by cutting of funding

That is the point Kathy. Dems know we are not losing in Iraq - but their base thimks we are

I would be shocked if the Dems committed political suicide by cutting of funding

If they believe what they are saying, that is what they should do. If there are consequences, they'll be theirs.

If they believe what they are saying, that is what they should do. If there are consequences, they'll be theirs.

IF they believed the war was lost they would not have wasted time trying to override the veto

They would have started working on a bill to cut off the funds

And thats exactly what they will do. After they meet with Bush, he will flash his weener, and nothing will be solved.

With all the political pressure from the left wing and the american people, congress will have no choice but to cut off funding. At that point, the administration will continue the war with no money and make the dems look really bad because he wont pull out until the troops are naked and driving scooters. (basically to prove a point) Then after he pulls out, its non stop left wing bashing, until 08. And ofcourse the usual exploiting of the new Iraqi situation. Im sure the media will be all over Iraq when we leave, portraying the redeployment as a mistake (for ratings). This country is so predictable.

PS. there is no bill to cut off funds. Why would there be? That would get a veto in 2.3 seconds. Cutting off funds, means no bill will be passed at all.

And thats exactly what they will do. After they meet with Bush, he will flash his weener, and nothing will be solved.

With all the political pressure from the left wing and the american people, congress will have no choice but to cut off funding. At that point, the administration will continue the war with no money and make the dems look really bad because he wont pull out until the troops are naked and driving scooters. (basically to prove a point) Then after he pulls out, its non stop left wing bashing, until 08. And ofcourse the usual exploiting of the new Iraqi situation. Im sure the media will be all over Iraq when we leave, portraying it as a mistake. This country is so predictable

If the Dems are doing the will of the American people - why are their approval ratings lower the Pres Bush's?

http://www.pollingreport.com/cong_dem.htm

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
for not dealing with reality and not being a responsible commander-in-chief.

As libs see the Dems Surrender bill:

Make no mistake, this is NOT a retreat, but merely a phased "redeployment" of our troops back to the States, where they can be reunited with their loved ones and then tried for possible war crimes. There’s no shame is running away and living to fight another day – preferably while wearing a baby blue helmet. Indeed, it takes a strong man to swallow his pride and turn the other cheek in the face of adversity. Think of all the lives that would have been spared if on that sixth day of June, 1944, Gen. Eisenhower had put his enormous ego aside and brought our boys home, rather than force them to storm a silly beach in an illegal and immoral war against a country that never attacked us. Imagine if Jingus Khan had the courage to end his reign of terror and redeploy his troops back to Mongolia, rather than continue to burn and pillage in a fashion reminiscent of the United States Marine Corps. Imagine all the people living life in peace.

http://blamebush.typepad.com/blamebush/2006/06/index.html

With all the political pressure from the left wing and the american people, congress will have no choice but to cut off funding. At that point, the administration will continue the war with no money and make the dems look really bad because he wont pull out until the troops are naked and driving scooters. (basically to prove a point) Then after he pulls out, its non stop left wing bashing, until 08. And ofcourse the usual exploiting of the new Iraqi situation. Im sure the media will be all over Iraq when we leave, portraying the redeployment as a mistake (for ratings). This country is so predictable.

PS. there is no bill to cut off funds. Why would there be? That would get a veto in 2.3 seconds. Cutting off funds, means no bill will be passed at all.

If they believe they are in the right, thus should be setting terms, they should refuse to fund it, veto or not. The veto didn't stop them yesterday, shouldn't regarding cutting funding either.

I dont question the source of the polls, I just dont buy them...Americans dont vote on polls, until election day when everyone votes.

Trufully, I want that money for more important domestic issues. But I would settle for at least sending troops to Afganistan, less violence, more of a purpose (find osama) and a real chance at winning this war. Trust me with osama gone, you have alot of happy americans, and a chance at the white house in 08.

Don't you know polls are only believable if they support Dem/lib talking points. Somebody will question the source reliability before this day is out...just watch.

The approval ratings for Dems are been down for awhile

Pelois's number took a dive when she went over to Syria

I am looking for the numbers on Reid in AZ

The ONLY "war" that you can possibly compare Iraq to is Vietnam. This was also a losing cause that required an actual pullout. Like I said before- do your homework.

The ONLY "war" that you can possibly compare Iraq to is Vietnam. This was also a losing cause that required an actual pullout. Like I said before- do your homework.

and what happened when the US left? Millions were murdered. Same will happen in Iraq

Only thins time, the terrorists will work with Iran and get nukes - then they can kill millions in one day instead of 3000 as they did on 9-11

After the generals LIED about their "success", the TRUTH was we were getting our butts kicked. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Forum List

Back