After The Veto - What Now

What funding bill will pass?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

red states rule

May 30, 2006
Now that Bush has vetoed the Iraq spending bill with the timeline, what do you think the Democratic congress will do next?

Will they do as they've threatened and give Bush a bill he likes even less, perhaps one calling for immediate withdrawal of the troops?

Or will they cave in and give Bush what he already wants, betraying all those who voted for them to end the war?

My bet is they'll cave in to Bush.

but both sides think they are right. my thoughts are more for troop protection and less media coverage on any planned pull out. Get these iraqis trained and we need to focus on fixing the broken stuff like water, electrics, telephone and power grids. And keep the iraqis hot on protection of the country. We've out done our cause with this religious crap going on right now.

but both sides think they are right. my thoughts are more for troop protection and less media coverage on any planned pull out. Get these iraqis trained and we need to focus on fixing the broken stuff like water, electrics, telephone and power grids. And keep the iraqis hot on protection of the country. We've out done our cause with this religious crap going on right now.

If only the Dems would put the troops ahead of their political agenda - things would be better

Yes I think that would be a good effort:clap2:

Perhaps Karl Rove will have a table set up in the Rose Garden for Reid/Pelosi to sigh their surrender papers to Pres Bush

Do you think the liberal media would cover it?

no, but saying it like that just would piss them off. I can't understand there motives in the democratic camp. Someone might but I sure as hell don't.

It is very simple

White Flag Harry said they want to pick up more House and Senate seats

well on my count that seems pretty lame, since these people haven't been treally honest on these goals for the future and our troops in harms way with regards to fighting the ever expanding war on terror.

well on my count that seems pretty lame, since these people haven't been treally honest on these goals for the future and our troops in harms way with regards to fighting the ever expanding war on terror.

Dems are still engaged in their war on Bush to take part in the war on terror

why else would he hold back funding? Dems will continue to back Bush into a corner until he cries uncle- it's the will of the people. That's why the Dems now control Congress.

why else would he hold back funding? Dems will continue to back Bush into a corner until he cries uncle- it's the will of the people. That's why the Dems now control Congress.

Libs are backed in the corner. There surrender date is screwing the troops (something libs have a history of doing)

Dems wasted 3 months on their surrender bill and wasted time today trying to override the veto

Dems are folding like a cheap suite

by refusing to provide them the necessary funding and the necessary equipment. Dems have the funds in their bill- what's missing? Your brain?

I'm sorry, but if they really think they are right, they should just refuse the funding altogether.

Forum List

Back