After the crisis has passed and normalcy is restored, let's kick Texas out of the USA

Kewl, Texas can replace Canada as your number one source for foreign petroleum and refined petroleum products. Don't forget all that SS money the USA owes millions of Texans too!
Enjoy your $10/gal gas.

Kewl, Texas can replace Canada as your number one source for foreign petroleum and refined petroleum products. Don't forget all that SS money the USA owes millions of Texans too!
Enjoy your $10/gal gas.

Texas supplies the US with over 40% of it's crude oil and NG.

Good luck getting gas at all!

But it ain't gonna happen. Texas is going Blue, not leaving.

This time it was a gas price spike of over 1000% what will it be next time?

I don't know. Why don't you ask Greg Abbott what all of this is going to cost? He's the guy who's been selling you that deregulation?

40 years of Republican policies has reduced from the greatest economy in the world, and the leader of the free world, to a second tier nation with a shaky grip on democracy. Well done Republicans!!!

I don't know. Why don't you ask Greg Abbott what all of this is going to cost? He's the guy who's been selling you that deregulation?

40 years of Republican policies has reduced from the greatest economy in the world, and the leader of the free world, to a second tier nation with a shaky grip on democracy. Well done Republicans!!!
Another reason to never live in Texass...I learned my lesson in the 1980's when I lived there.

Abbott and the embarrasing Texas Neo-GOP are toast

ops paywall....

Good grief
You've got the grief part right. There sure is one hell of a lot of it. I can't even imagine what Texans are going through trying to keep their kids warm only to later worry about having drinking water and no readily apparent place to find it. And even as all of this is going on, they have to worry about their aging parents who live alone. As much as I hate to say it, I suspect that a lot of older Texans will later be found dead in their homes.
Texas isn't going to be kicked out of the Union..

Good gawd, put your willie back in your panties and grab a clue

With the collapse of the Texas power grid, and the abject failure of the Republican economy in Texas, this cements the record of failed Red States. The fact the Republican leaders from Texas, essentially ran away from their responsibility for this disaster and tried to blame green energy shows the complete cowardice of Republican lawmakers.

Republicanism, is an ideology, and a failed one at that. Give it a decent burial and come up with some ideas that WORK for the people, not just the corporations.

Bidens poor ass response shows Texans why they should secede. Biden proved the federal fucking gov't isn't worth snot. It took Biden a fucking WEEK to declare an emergency in Texas. Meanwhile they're fucking pulling dead bodies out of fucking homes.
and he only declared an emergency in 30% of Texas counties.

We should get the fuck out of this shitty "union" immediately.

Please kick us out. For the love of god....KICK US THE FUCK OUT!!!!

Good grief
You've got the grief part right. There sure is one hell of a lot of it. I can't even imagine what Texans are going through trying to keep their kids warm only to later worry about having drinking water and no readily apparent place to find it. And even as all of this is going on, they have to worry about their aging parents who live alone. As much as I hate to say it, I suspect that a lot of older Texans will later be found dead in their homes.
Texas isn't going to be kicked out of the Union..

Good gawd, put your willie back in your panties and grab a clue

With the collapse of the Texas power grid, and the abject failure of the Republican economy in Texas, this cements the record of failed Red States. The fact the Republican leaders from Texas, essentially ran away from their responsibility for this disaster and tried to blame green energy shows the complete cowardice of Republican lawmakers.

Republicanism, is an ideology, and a failed one at that. Give it a decent burial and come up with some ideas that WORK for the people, not just the corporations.
Texas is back to normal today, Stupid.

Stay up there in KKKanada, Fuckwit.

If people recall, a lot of elected representatives from Texas balked at paying for natural disasters in CA (wildfires) and NY (Hurricane Sandy in 2012). While the disasters were predictable (in a historical sense, only), they certainly were not preventable. However, the Texas debacle of frozen power grids, an independent power grid unable to tap power from surrounding states, a virtual statewide loss of power, frozen and burst water pipes, a lack of drinking water and food, were all preventable if those conservative cheapskate Texas officials had actually planned ahead and spent the necessary money over time to weatherize their infrastructure. But no! They don't like gov't, and they don't like to plan ahead. However, what they DO want is for the rest of the US to bail them out. I'm sick of it, and I'm sick of them.

Now, unlike Ted Cruz, I care about human suffering (aside from himself and his family only). So, here's what I propose. Let's help Texas and Texans get back on their feet. Afterward, considering that they've been talking about seceding anyway, let's just give them the heave ho. As Fleetwood Mack once intoned, let them go their own way (and pay their own way).

Here's a helpful hint, Texas... You better start planning ahead! I know what I'm talking about because I live in a well-run Democratic state, and most of the people here are grateful to have competent governance that foresees problems before they arise and tackles them before they become crises on our doorsteps.

Texas problem is another George Bush ( Texas oil man) gift. Lets deregulate the industry in the late 90's and depend on fossil fuel to provides us energy without government intervention. Well it work for awhile but when disaster strikes, it is the state government that looks foolish by believing " absolute faith in deregulation".

Should we kick them out of course not. They have oil so they still are useful.
Hey Stupid, the govt intervention was the subsidizing wind and solar that failed miserably. It accounts for 25% of energy in TX, and was 39% of the failed energy in TX. That overloaded the natural gas and coal portion of the grid.
Meanwhile windmills in Antarctica work year round. Gas lines froze and thus ain't the first time fuck those worthless braggards. They wanna secedie let them. Hope they don't let the door hit them in the ass.

The obvious truth is I have not heard any other state tht lost power because of the low temperatures. Even those in the northern part of the country. Just in Texas. So if no other states lost power then it is a problem with Texas.

Still even power related to nuclear, gas and oil also failed in Texas. Yet they want to blame wind mills and ignore the rest of the sources that failed also.

The easy answer is Texas deregulated the industry 30 years ago. So they are solely dependent on the free market and the activities of that market. They have no clue what the industry is doing because they do not care. They just will pin their hopes on the industry and hope they can provide.

Now they will have to figure something out. Texas and other southern states general population does not know how to deal with extreme cold weather. Whenever it is ice or snow on the road, the amount of car accidents triple because the people are not use to it and they do not bother to slow down. They have their trucks and figure that they do not need to slow down.

That huge pile up in Dallas/FT worth area was unreal. They were just driving to fast on icy roads.
Yep and I am tired of paying for the southern states they can grow a freaking brain. We have to pick up the tab for all their hurricanes also. We send them our tax dollars on a regular basis. Texas is the only one that pays a fair share of taxes but we bail them out with fema over and over again as well as with flood insurance. Meanwhile they point their fingers at us for the problems they create and threaten to succeed. I say don't let the door hit them in the ass.
There we're all in agreement.

Kick us out.

Please.

If people recall, a lot of elected representatives from Texas balked at paying for natural disasters in CA (wildfires) and NY (Hurricane Sandy in 2012). While the disasters were predictable (in a historical sense, only), they certainly were not preventable. However, the Texas debacle of frozen power grids, an independent power grid unable to tap power from surrounding states, a virtual statewide loss of power, frozen and burst water pipes, a lack of drinking water and food, were all preventable if those conservative cheapskate Texas officials had actually planned ahead and spent the necessary money over time to weatherize their infrastructure. But no! They don't like gov't, and they don't like to plan ahead. However, what they DO want is for the rest of the US to bail them out. I'm sick of it, and I'm sick of them.

Now, unlike Ted Cruz, I care about human suffering (aside from himself and his family only). So, here's what I propose. Let's help Texas and Texans get back on their feet. Afterward, considering that they've been talking about seceding anyway, let's just give them the heave ho. As Fleetwood Mack once intoned, let them go their own way (and pay their own way).

Here's a helpful hint, Texas... You better start planning ahead! I know what I'm talking about because I live in a well-run Democratic state, and most of the people here are grateful to have competent governance that foresees problems before they arise and tackles them before they become crises on our doorsteps.

Texas problem is another George Bush ( Texas oil man) gift. Lets deregulate the industry in the late 90's and depend on fossil fuel to provides us energy without government intervention. Well it work for awhile but when disaster strikes, it is the state government that looks foolish by believing " absolute faith in deregulation".

Hey Stupid, the govt intervention was the subsidizing wind and solar that failed miserably. It accounts for 25% of energy in TX, and was 39% of the failed energy in TX. That overloaded the natural gas and coal portion of the grid.
Meanwhile windmills in Antarctica work year round. Gas lines froze and thus ain't the first time fuck those worthless braggards. They wanna secedie let them. Hope they don't let the door hit them in the ass.

The obvious truth is I have not heard any other state tht lost power because of the low temperatures. Even those in the northern part of the country. Just in Texas. So if no other states lost power then it is a problem with Texas.

Still even power related to nuclear, gas and oil also failed in Texas. Yet they want to blame wind mills and ignore the rest of the sources that failed also.

The easy answer is Texas deregulated the industry 30 years ago. So they are solely dependent on the free market and the activities of that market. They have no clue what the industry is doing because they do not care. They just will pin their hopes on the industry and hope they can provide.

Now they will have to figure something out. Texas and other southern states general population does not know how to deal with extreme cold weather. Whenever it is ice or snow on the road, the amount of car accidents triple because the people are not use to it and they do not bother to slow down. They have their trucks and figure that they do not need to slow down.

That huge pile up in Dallas/FT worth area was unreal. They were just driving to fast on icy roads.
Yep and I am tired of paying for the southern states they can grow a freaking brain. We have to pick up the tab for all their hurricanes also. We send them our tax dollars on a regular basis. Texas is the only one that pays a fair share of taxes but we bail them out with fema over and over again as well as with flood insurance. Meanwhile they point their fingers at us for the problems they create and threaten to succeed. I say don't let the door hit them in the ass.
There we're all in agreement.

Kick us out.

Please.
All for it good fucking riddance.

Beto could have beaten Cruz in 18. Patience.

Like dude... there is no K in fleetwood , man

Beto could have beaten Cruz in 18. Patience.
If only poor Beta had outspent Cruz by $50 million in out-of-state money, instead of just $40 million, Texas would have gone blue for good (like you jackasses have been prognosticating now for decades).

:laughing0301:

So? You think those windmills are exactly the same as those in TX?
Please tell us you aren't that dumb.
I really don't give a fuck you red trash has to say. Fuck Texas let the fucki g bastards secede. Let all the red state secede you can have your fucking horse shit, your mismanagement and your fat ass king. I am quite frankly tired of paying for your dumb asses.

You say that, but if we tried, you would fight us and you know it.
I sure as fuck would not and believe me I am making it my personal mission to point it out to every Democrat I know. We are flat tired of hearing the rights horse shit and paying for the worthless South. It is time to give you fucks exactly what you want and fucking choke on it. As far as I am concerned you can make Trump king and make Mar a Lago your fucking capital and we will keep our tax dollars home. Fuck Texas and fuck the south.

I appreciate that, and I would be just as supportive if the Left Coast had tried to leave during the glorious Trump years. Or in the future if Trump wins in 2024

I have no problem with helping people in a time of crisis. But we have a $3 trillion deficit. If Texas can identify funding they would like to give back, we could afford it.

Any money we send to Texas will be wasted on Pork, Pork, Pork

You’re all for investing in ShaQuita, Guadalupe and their litters with NO potential roi but not the productive citizens of Texas?

So? You think those windmills are exactly the same as those in TX?
Please tell us you aren't that dumb.
I really don't give a fuck you red trash has to say. Fuck Texas let the fucki g bastards secede. Let all the red state secede you can have your fucking horse shit, your mismanagement and your fat ass king. I am quite frankly tired of paying for your dumb asses.

You say that, but if we tried, you would fight us and you know it.
I sure as fuck would not and believe me I am making it my personal mission to point it out to every Democrat I know. We are flat tired of hearing the rights horse shit and paying for the worthless South. It is time to give you fucks exactly what you want and fucking choke on it. As far as I am concerned you can make Trump king and make Mar a Lago your fucking capital and we will keep our tax dollars home. Fuck Texas and fuck the south.

I appreciate that, and I would be just as supportive if the Left Coast had tried to leave during the glorious Trump years. Or in the future if Trump wins in 2024

The glorious Trump years? What a joke. You could be right if you measure it the following ways...A losing trade war with China, declining farm exports (Trump's base), rising deficits as far as the eye can see, Covid death denial, the highest Covid death rate in the world, massive unemployment, broken alliances, emboldened enemies, a massive increase in social disorder, a coarsening of the public debate to the point more Americans feel alienated than ever before.... Shall I go on? I mean, it's a long list.

Trump lost the popular election twice. Then he lost the House of Representatives in 2018. And in 2020, Trump lost the presidency AND the Senate. But he's your electoral hero and future? Then, you are a fool!

Forum List

Back