African American Sergeant Damian Lamar Daniels murdered by the Bexar County Sheriff’s Department in San Antonio, Texas IN HIS OWN HOME

Status
Not open for further replies.

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015

Damian Lamar Daniels. His life mattered, and when we needed mental health support the most, he had to face men with guns and only 8 hours of mental health training. We cannot let this happen again to our comrades, especially to combat veterans.

Damian Lamar Daniels. His life mattered, and when we needed mental health support the most, he had to face men with guns and only 8 hours of mental health training. We cannot let this happen again to our comrades, especially to combat veterans.
unless we start to reopen insane asylums these things will continue to happen,,,

I do wonder where his family was or if he had one,,

"The struggle continued as Daniels reached for his own gun. Images released by the Sheriff’s Office showed deputies with their hands on the pistol and Daniels gripping the gun beneath his red shirt.

In that struggle, Salazar said the deputies were “pleading” with him to let go of the gun.

“It was very clear they were in a fight for their lives,” Salazar said.

Body camera footage of the encounter, which lasted more than 30 minutes, showed Daniels was carrying a Glock Model 22 .40-caliber pistol. He also had a second magazine and a knife."

-- from the OP's article.

Sure doesn't sound like a murder to me.

"The struggle continued as Daniels reached for his own gun. Images released by the Sheriff’s Office showed deputies with their hands on the pistol and Daniels gripping the gun beneath his red shirt.

In that struggle, Salazar said the deputies were “pleading” with him to let go of the gun.

Body camera footage of the encounter, which lasted more than 30 minutes, showed Daniels was carrying a Glock Model 22 .40-caliber pistol. He also had a second magazine and a knife."

The glock was one of the new fangled "mostly peaceful" models.

It also doesn't sound like the veteran was getting the help he should have got. If we can't afford to take care of our veterans we don't deserve a military.

It also doesn't sound like the veteran was getting the help he should have got. If we can't afford to take care of our veterans we don't deserve a military.

It isn't the job of the police to give mental health treatment. Police were called to deal with an armed suspect who was putting people in fear, they must think of their safety and the safety of by-standers first.

If you are interested in getting better mental health treatment for veterans (or non-veterans), you need to speak to your elected legislator, not the police.

BROTHERS AND SISTERS: I know that we are living in frightening times. but i know if we unite, we will not only endure, but we will build an America even better than the Founders envisioned it in their wildest dreams

It isn't the job of the police to give mental health treatment. Police were called to deal with an armed suspect who was putting people in fear, they must think of their safety and the safety of by-standers first.

If you are interested in getting better mental health treatment for veterans (or non-veterans), you need to speak to your elected legislator, not the police.

It was a mental health call. I said we need fewer cops and more mental health experts to deal with mental health calls. Did you not read that?

BROTHERS AND SISTERS: I know that we are living in frightening times. but i know if we unite, we will not only endure, but we will build an America even better than the Founders envisioned it in their wildest dreams

I'm not frightened. Most people I know aren't frightened, despite the fact that we're told repeatedly that we should be frightened.

The only thing that we need to unite behind is that we are all Americans and, as such, we need to live our lives as we see fit and not tell others how to live theirs.

It was a mental health call. I said we need fewer cops and more mental health experts to deal with mental health calls. Did you not read that?
even when its known they have a gun???

even when its known they have a gun???

Yes, why not?

I suggest that you send a mental health worker to deal with the armed suspect and let police do other work.

Stuart_Smalley.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back