Zone1 Academy apologises to Native American actress Sacheen Littlefeather

Status
Not open for further replies.
As to the panty wearing virtue signalers... then there is John Wayne.

STFU.... no, seriously. Shut the fuck up.
The man was born in 1907. 57 years before the civil rights movement.
And I don't want to hear that ridiculous "I would be different if it was me" - no you wouldn't.
For his time, John Wayne was actually pretty darn progressive.
In an interview - talking about blacks "they were treated the same here as they were in any other country (speaking during slave years) TRUE - went on to say "I suppose they should have more rights, and be like everyone else, but it isn't a thing where the rest of the country should feel guilty about it or anything because they are going to have a better like here and there mothers and fathers then anywhere else"
Keeping in mind he said this in 1971.
1971. 51 years ago by a man born 115 years ago.

Yeah there is.
No. Not really.

Don’t get me wrong. It’s not as though she didn’t deserve to be standing there to not accept an academy award being presented to someone who was rejecting it for political reasons. I suppose she did. And certainly America needed to be taught the valuable lesson that Indians had been portrayed inaccurately in cinema. But the fact that people weren’t there to be lectured to certainly enters into the reaction.

And the Academy of today doesn’t owe anybody an apology for shit happening like half a century ago. But that’s ok. It wasn’t a real apology anyway.

No. Not really.

Don’t get me wrong. It’s not as though she didn’t deserve to be standing there to not accept an academy award being presented to someone who was rejecting it for political reasons. I suppose she did. And certainly America needed to be taught the valuable lesson that Indians had been portrayed inaccurately in cinema. But the fact that people weren’t there to be lectured to certainly enters into the reaction.

And the Academy of today doesn’t owe anybody an apology for shit happening like half a century ago. But that’s ok. It wasn’t a real apology anyway.
At least 6 members of security had to prevent her from physical harm. That deserves an apology.

At least 6 members of security had to prevent her from physical harm. That deserves an apology.
Maybe then. Half a century later? Nah. Not at all.

And your statement is a bit overblown, anyway. 6 members of security interceded wham John Wayne stood and approached us what I read. I seriously doubt he’d have touched her.

Apologizing for things that were done by others more than fifty years ago is a nauseating example of Virtue Signaling.

EVERY demographic, literally every demographic, has been portrayed in a false negative light in film at one time or another. As for America's indigenous people they have been falsely portrayed in both positive and negative lights...So what? So has everyone else. It is FICTION, or occasionally, "based on real events."

The fact is that indigenous people could TRUTHFULLY be shown as bloodthirsty savages by cherrypicking real historical events and dramatizing them on screen. They engaged in mass slaughter - women and children included - systemic rape, kidnapping, and occasionally cannibalism. Would that require an apology?

Yeah... at first it was 8, then it became 6, then her last statement just said several.
But then came trouble... the other people there, and there were quite a few... not one of them backed up her claim.
Somehow no one else saw it happen. And then John Wayne himself said he wasn't angry at her, he was angry at Brando for not having the guts to say it himself.
And then there is her other claim, in which she told the media in an interview that the Academy told her if she went on stag ethey would put her in chains. HAHA... actual truth was, when she gave them a copy of Brando's original long speech he wanted her to read, they told her no and if she started to they would remove her. So Brando shortened it, and the Academy approved the shortened version.
The woman is a known liar. And not just about this.

Why? He's dead.
True enough. But still. It’s considered polite to cresit one’s sources for quotes and paraphrases.

Allegedly Lady Astor once offered a reproof to Churchill. She huffed, “Sir Winston, you’re drunk.” Churchill replied, “And Lady Astor, you’re ugly. But tomorrow morning I shall be sober.”

Hate to break it to you, but he likely stole it himself.

Also, you failed to cite W.C. Fields, too.

Now, W.C. Fields once noted that:

“The lady drove me to drink. For which I shall be eternally grateful.”
I really don’t see how it matters. I quote lines from movies all the time. No one ever asks me to cite my source. Except you.

I really don’t see how it matters. I quote lines from movies all the time. No one ever asks me to cite my source. Except you.
I don’t as you to cite sources. Well, just that one time. I think you shouldn’t claim credit for the thought you’ve stolen. Obama and Brandon probably disagree with me on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back