Abortion Follies: Texas

Once again, your link says how many pregnancies result from rape. It does NOT say what percentage of abortions are the result of rape.

Huge difference.
the huge difference is that unlike you I read carefully and comprehensively....you don't. From my link: Results: The national rape-related pregnancy rate is 5.0% per rape among victims of reproductive age (aged 12 to 45); among adult women an estimated 32,101 pregnancies result from rape each year. Among 34 cases of rape-related pregnancy, the majority occurred among adolescents and resulted from assault by a known, often related perpetrator. Only 11.7% of these victims received immediate medical attention after the assault, and 47.1% received no medical attention related to the rape. A total 32.4% of these victims did not discover they were pregnant until they had already entered the second trimester; 32.2% opted to keep the infant whereas 50% underwent abortion and 5.9% placed the infant for adoption; an additional 11.8% had spontaneous abortion.

So you and the previous poster you supported have been proven wrong on both counts.

Incorrect. My link showed the figures for 1987 and 2004. Far more recent than your 1996 link.
Not quite, as you link shows NO change in sample size or results....which IGNORES the the 1996 larger sample size and results.

Sorry, but that dog of yours just won't hunt.

My point is that only about 1 percent of abortions are due to rape or incest. Your link that says 5 percent of rapes result in pregnancy is not relevant to that fact.
And here's what my link also said about abortions due to rape or incest, which obviously YOU DID NOT READ (or are purposely lying about):

Results: The national rape-related pregnancy rate is 5.0% per rape among victims of reproductive age (aged 12 to 45); among adult women an estimated 32,101 pregnancies result from rape each year. Among 34 cases of rape-related pregnancy, the majority occurred among adolescents and resulted from assault by a known, often related perpetrator. Only 11.7% of these victims received immediate medical attention after the assault, and 47.1% received no medical attention related to the rape. A total 32.4% of these victims did not discover they were pregnant until they had already entered the second trimester; 32.2% opted to keep the infant whereas 50% underwent abortion and 5.9% placed the infant for adoption; an additional 11.8% had spontaneous abortion.

They have over a month. They have six weeks and home pregnancy tests that can tell in as lityle as 48 hours. Abortion is not being denied to these women.
It is by the Texas law....because any doctor and generations of women will tell you that many don't even realize they are pregnant by that time table. Then good luck finding a clinic in Texas or getting the RU pill.

So, you're in favor of the "morning after" pill? Because your brethren in Texas aren't https://www.mdedge.com/obgyn/articl...pharmacies-restrict-access-morning-after-pill

Roe vs Wade was the law of the land. This bullshit Texas law circumvents it.

In comparing abortion to various other things like guns or masks I am on target.
On the first sentence we are in agreement.

Your second sentence is an absurd attempt to justify your position on other topics of gov't mandates .

You can't compare a choice of a personal medical procedure to that of determining the level of lethality of weapons on the general market for the citizenry.....or for that matter an attempt to curtail spread of a seriously debilitating and deadly pathogen. Apples and oranges, as a woman choosing an abortion does not give me worry of being shot or putting (or taking away) a mask on my face.
That's just rational, fact based analysis which deconstructs your assertion. No point in you trying to detour further, as it will be ignored. Stay focused on the OP.

No they are not. Comparisons are a good thing in discussing a topic. You dont have to participate in my comparisons if you dont like them but they prove a point.

It is by the Texas law....because any doctor and generations of women will tell you that many don't even realize they are pregnant by that time table. Then good luck finding a clinic in Texas or getting the RU pill.

So, you're in favor of the "morning after" pill? Because your brethren in Texas aren't https://www.mdedge.com/obgyn/articl...pharmacies-restrict-access-morning-after-pill
It is HER SOLE JOB TO KNOW. Drug store tests can tell a pregnancy within 48 hours of conception. If she has been diligent in her birth control there should not be a problem.

So unless you live under a rock, Texas has recently passed laws that virtually makes abortion impossible for the average citizen. Well, here's whats currently going on in the state that wants to force women victims of rape & incest to bring that pregnancy to term. Yep, they're well prepared for all those unwanted kids :rolleyes:

I don't think I would rely too much on that link. From your link:

"Note that the number of adults in the state of Texas at or below literacy level 1 is 6,195 million people."

Do you have any idea how many 6,195 million is?

That would be 6.195 billion people, I really don't think TX, or the whole of North, Central and South America for that matter, has that many people.

You might want to find a new link.

It is HER SOLE JOB TO KNOW. Drug store tests can tell a pregnancy within 48 hours of conception. If she has been diligent in her birth control there should not be a problem.
Tell that to the 14 year old girl ...raped by an uncle...who is ashamed and terrified and doesn't know she is pregnant

Republican: I will fight and DIE to preserve my rights from BIG GOVERNMENT. MY BODY, MY CHOICE!!!! FREEDOM OR DEATH!!!
Also Republicans: Government needs to step in and control what we do with our bodies!! God has so decreed!!!

Republican: I will fight and DIE to preserve my rights from BIG GOVERNMENT. MY BODY, MY CHOICE!!!! FREEDOM OR DEATH!!!
Also Republicans: Government needs to step in and control what we do with our bodies!! God has so decreed!!!
Hypocrisy party. Everybody dance!

When you purposely take a life it is murder.
It ain't a life if it can't live separate from another body! No fetus has survived apart from mothers body until after 21 weeks of gestation & only one in history with extraordinary medical assistance has ever done that. Most die unless 26 weeks & most pre-term births have serious issues even after best care available.

Last edited:
The morning after pill is the next target. It IS an abortive drug

You think not?

These same people claimed they would never try to over turn Roe

The morning after pill only works if the patient knows about it and has access to it.

There are many christian catholic hospitals in America. None of them are required to tell rape survivors about the morning after pill and none are required to give that pill to the rape survivor. Many of them don't tell the woman and don't give it to the woman.

So if a woman or girl ends up in some christian hospitals she will not be told about the morning after pill and they will not make it available to her.

Less babies conceived will be a huge key. People will be more responsible and less conceptions will now happen. A very good thing.

Forum List

Back