Abortion Follies: Texas

havent heard that one,, got a link???
Of course you haven't, and your absolute IGNORANCE is noted.
But Texasshole got around the Constitutionality of states not being able to ban abortion by enabling bounty-hunters to do the state's dirty work.
The Texas law was specifically designed to keep federal courts from intervening before it could take effect. It replaced government officials who normally would enforce abortion restrictions with individual citizens.

Guess you have never been around a woman. Most don't know they are pregnant until right about that time and that's if they are vigilant and dont play a sport.

It will be a boom for the pregnancy test industry sales.

Smart women in Texas will take a pregnancy test weekly so they don't miss that 6 week cut off.

All of this is discrimination. Women shouldn't have to do that to protect their reproductive freedom.

It's also discrimination in that the person who is suing someone can get their court costs paid by the loser if they win but the person being sued can't get their court costs paid by the loser if they win.

That is a violation of the 14th Amendment of equal protection under the law.

Exactly, you obviously don't understand the Texasshole law. They bypassed any Constitutional protections by enabling bounty-hunters and keeping the state out of it, so any constitutional provision can be bypassed in the same way. Just imagine, when Whites are the minority bounty-hunters can enforce separate water fountains for Whites. Now to the back of the bus :asshole:
or youre just an over emotional child that needs to scream at the wind everytime a dog farts,,,

Now only wealthy Texans get abortions in other states or countries. The stupid poor will be popping out babies like Pez Dispensers.
or they could practice family planning and get on birth control before the spread their legs,,,

someone should start a business that teaches family planning for that reason,,

So unless you live under a rock, Texas has recently passed laws that virtually makes abortion impossible for the average citizen. Well, here's whats currently going on in the state that wants to force women victims of rape & incest to bring that pregnancy to term. Yep, they're well prepared for all those unwanted kids :rolleyes:

I never understood the logic that in order to decrease costs of raising kids you don't want, murder is an acceptable option.

1. your link is in 1987....mine in 1996. Larger polling audience. So your information is DATED.

2. The title of my source material

Rape-related pregnancy: estimates and descriptive characteristics from a national sample of women​

The national rape-related pregnancy rate is 5.0% per rape among victims of reproductive age (aged 12 to 45); among adult women an estimated 32,101 pregnancies result from rape each year. Among 34 cases of rape-related pregnancy, the majority occurred among adolescents and resulted from assault by a known, often related perpetrator.

Hope this clarifies things.
Once again, your link says how many pregnancies result from rape. It does NOT say what percentage of abortions are the result of rape.

Huge difference.

The morning after pill is the next target. It IS an abortive drug
Incorrect. The morning after pill is not an abortifacient. It is a contraceptive made with the same hormone as a birth control pill.

You are confusing it with RU-486.

Please learn to read carefully and compreshensively.

And your point is...?
My point is that only about 1 percent of abortions are due to rape or incest. Your link that says 5 percent of rapes result in pregnancy is not relevant to that fact.

So exactly how many women should be forced to bear the babies resulting from rape and incest??

If they are too lazy to use birth control and too lazy to take a pregnancy test they can deal with a pregnancy,
How very empathetic. Of course that will never be a problem you would have to deal with is it?

How very empathetic. Of course that will never be a problem you would have to deal with is it?
I am not a lazy person. I diligently used reliable birth control. Had that birth control failed, I would have known right away and dealt with the situation. All women have to do is keep track of their menses. They have over a month to get a legal abortion.

I am not a lazy person. I diligently used reliable birth control. Had that birth control failed, I would have known right away and dealt with the situation. All women have to do is keep track of their menses. They have over a month to get a legal abortion.
A whole month? How long between periods??

they determine if they are legal,, they dont make laws
who said they did? I said they DETERMINE law....big difference from creating them, which the Constitution is quite specific as to who does make the law by process.

But, if the SCOTUS declares a law is unjust, it can rule so and nullify that law.

Got that?

Forum List

Back