Abbott calls Texas school shooting a mental health issue but cut state spending for it

clearly you have nothing more to say on the topic that would resemble an intelligent comment. We're used to that.
the. chinese people don’t have guns, the govt won’t allow it, they stand around with tanks and soldiers on every corner and kill citizens or locked them in slave camps.

you truly are showing your lack of intelligence on the matter.

the. chinese people don’t have guns, the govt won’t allow it, they stand around with tanks and soldiers on every corner and kill citizens or locked them in slave camps.

But yet, somehow the constant whining argument from the right is that "criminals don't care about the law". There isn't a black market in China? Really? There is no way a chinese person can buy a gun? Really?

Europe has 2X as many folks as the US. So they should have a good amount of mentally ill folks.

Yet somehow, they don't have the bloodbaths either.

India has like 3X as many folks as the US. So they should have a good amount of mentally ill folks.

What's you excuse for their lack of bloodbaths?
you truly are showing your lack of intelligence on the matter.
You're looking in the mirror too much . You're starting to see things.

Virginia Western State hospital is still up and running
They have another, much smaller facility because of the push not to commit people like in the past.

In fact at least one of the old buildings are condos now. Pretty nice from what I hear. There were plans for a hotel too but i don't know if that came to pass or not.

They have another, much smaller facility because of the push not to commit people like in the past.

In fact at least one of the old buildings are condos now. Pretty nice from what I hear. There were plans for a hotel too but i don't know if that came to pass or not.
ye s theg closed the old buildings and sold them but have made a new facility

But yet, somehow the constant whining argument from the right is that "criminals don't care about the law". There isn't a black market in China? Really? There is no way a chinese person can buy a gun? Really?

Europe has 2X as many folks as the US. So they should have a good amount of mentally ill folks.

India has like 3X as many folks as the US. So they should have a good amount of mentally ill folks.

criminals don’t follow the law dumbass, hence why they are criminals

ceraianly there are criminals in china too…but hard to tell them a part from the political prisoners or regluous prisoners

i suppose we could be like china, and ban pretty much all individual gun ownership…a live in a totalarian state. I know it’s the dream of the demafascist party…

The buck stops with the governor whether from a blue or red state.

ye s theg closed the old buildings and sold them but have made a new facility
VDOC ran part of it as a minimum security prison and VDOC training center up till 2002. I toted skilled convicts there to do the renovation in the early 80s.

The "dungeon" area was something to see. It was almost everything you would expect one to look like. It housed the most dangerous of the crazy.

I would have loved to have had some of those old oak doors they removed from the cells during the renovation. They were made of 4" thick by 20" wide oak boards with iron mountings.

I remember that on the inside of the doors they were all scratched-up by fingernails. That part was creepy as fuck. The rest of the place was quite bright and airy for a insane asylum.

Last edited:
Kinda like the national Democrats with gun control, isn't it? They control all three chambers. Yet all they can do is gripe about Republicans.
They barely control the senate and Manchin is a swing vote, so no they don’t control it like you think…

Also Texas is Republican at the upper levels, so the Governor owns this issue…

Again, it's a red herring.... why? Because whenever gun laws are talked about here in a way to limit how many guns a psychopath can buy, we get the boilerplate right wing gun nut response of "only honest people obey laws".

So that either means that Europe, China, India etc.... (all of which have 2-4 times as many citizens as the US) have completely obedient societies with no criminals or the gun supply in the US is the cause of gun crime.

Can I help you pack????

You're the governor. Doesn't the buck stop here??

Perhaps it might be instructive to remind all that the Democrats emptied the mental institutions.

"A liberal-created failure that goes entirely ignored is the left's harmful agenda for society's most vulnerable people -- the mentally ill.

The dollar cost of this liberal vision of deinstitutionalization of mentally ill people is a relatively small part of the burden placed on society. Many innocent people have been assaulted, robbed and murdered by mentally ill people. Businesspeople and their customers have had to cope with the nuisance created by the mentally ill. The police response to misbehavior and crime committed by the mentally ill is to arrest them. Thus, they are put in jeopardy of mistreatment by hardened criminals in the nation's jails and prisons. Worst of all is the fact that the liberals who engineered the shutting down of mental institutions have never been held accountable for their folly.

According to a 2013 Wall Street Journal article by Dr. E. Fuller Torrey, founder of the Treatment Advocacy Center, titled "Fifty Years of Failing America's Mentally Ill", shutting down mental hospitals didn't turn out the way advocates promised. Several studies summarized by the Treatment Advocacy Center show that untreated mentally ill are responsible for 10 percent of homicides (and a higher percentage of the mass killings). They are 20 percent of jail and prison inmates and more than 30 percent of the homeless."

Forum List

Back