Why Do You Need a Gun When You Have Government to Protect You?

And who protects the government?

yes, guns.... guns protect people.

1653615590218.png

Facts are coming out now.
Police set up a perimeter while the gunman murdered the kids.

Arrested a mom trying to get to her daughter.

Tasered a man who was saving a child.

More on why you need a gun:

One would be simply mad not to carry, concealed, everywhere he or she goes throughout the day and even while busying oneself around the house; it has truly become that kind of world out there. Myself, I don't even think about it anymore. In the morning I put on a weapon same as I do socks, t-shirt, etc. and keep it on until I get into bed at night and it is never out of my reach. Call me paranoid but how can one depend on modern police for much of anything? They're more clean-up crew than loss prevention, if you get my drift.

Irrational gun-haters of USMB, I can't wait for you to explain why the cops and military being the only armed people in the country will solve all our violence problems.
Any military post is a gun-free zone. They aren't allowed to carry weapons or bring weapons onto the base.
If we had an active shooter they'd take 30 mins to get an armorer to open up the arms room and it would take several hours to get ammo from the ammo supply point.

Those cops on scene that did nothing for an hour why kids were killed are cowards and a disgrace.

Last edited:
Arrested a mom trying to get to her daughter. Tasered a man who was saving a child.

Once again, good thing those parents weren't organized and armed, for you'd either be looking at some dead cops or they'd have to shoot the parents to protect that gutless killer inside. I wonder how the police department would have looked had some parents gone in there and gotten that killer while the cops stood outside jerking off?

The police were responding only to protecting THEIR legal liability and fuck the kids and certainly fuck the parents!

Gee, I bet paying those school taxes to the school district that killed your children will taste especially SWEET this year! I bet the school district doesn't cut those parents ONE DIME off their school bill.

Once again, good thing those parents weren't organized and armed, for you'd either be looking at some dead cops or they'd have to shoot the parents to protect that gutless killer inside. I wonder how the police department would have looked had some parents gone in there and gotten that killer while the cops stood outside jerking off?

The police were responding only to protecting THEIR legal liability and fuck the kids and certainly fuck the parents!

Gee, I bet paying those school taxes to the school district that killed your children will taste especially SWEET this year! I bet the school district doesn't cut those parents ONE DIME off their school bill.

I did mental health emergency services for years in a big city. After that did 8 years in an inner city ER. I have been in a lot of hairy situations. I also have worked with a lot of cops.

Those cops in Texas are fucking cowards. Period. Their first job is the public safety of the people in their Community. If they were too cowardly to put the safety of young children ahead of their own safety they are a fucking disgrace.

I'm gonna wait a couple of weeks before I make any more judgement calls...

Who here can say how they would respond to a crisis of this nature with certainty?

I can. With the police outside jerking off doing nothing, I would have gone in and saved those kids or died trying, especially if my own were in there. Just no other way. And heaven help anyone if they got in my way.
Well, you're a better man than I am then... I would like to think I would react similarly... While I think I will never be put into a situation like this, I hope I never find out...

Well, you're a better man than I am then...

Probably not. But I'm also trained to stay clear and calm and in command in a crisis situation, once for several years, I worked a very dangerous job where people sometimes died and we faced life and death every day. In a very real sense, it was as close to being in a live combat situation you could be in without actually being in a war zone. Fear no longer even enters the picture.

See I have 8 weeks of Basic training back in 1976 and the only fear we were exposed to was the DI's and how much misery they could bring down on the Platoon...

I know or at least I think I know that adrenalin plays a big part in fear... Like you said training is more than likely the key... Even with the proper training some folks can't make it...

Forum List

Back