A word to the wise

Bottom line, The Trump/Pence team is handling this virus attack as well as anyone could possibly handle it.
That is far from clear. We won’t know this with any certainty for a long time.

One thing that is for certain, Trump’s attempts to downplay the risk early on were clearly misguided.
One could say misguided. But you could also claim that leaders like Churchill were misguided when he kept saying that the U.K. would persevere. You could say that JFK was misguided when he claimed we would go to the moon.

Should Churchill have told them that we can't win?
Should JFK have said we have no real idea how to get to the moon because we have never done it and we don't have the technology?

If Churchill had said the Nazis are totally under control as they marched into Paris, he would have been thrown out of office immediately.

there is a difference between optimism and lying. Trump is optimistic, as he should be, so am I and most americans. the lefties on CNN and Ny times are lying to you, all day every day. They are the enemy of the USA because they want us to fail.

If you want America to fail, elect a reality TV-star with a history of bankruptcies, lawsuits, fraud settlements, hush money agreements, and divorces. If he inherits a good economy, things should be okay until a crisis happens.

Oops.

or we could elect an incompetent liar from Kenya who is gay and married to a tranny and has two kids that he bought. A corrupt america-hating racist who had never accomplished anything in his miserable life, but could read a tele prompter like an actor.

Obama----------worst president in history

Trump-----------one of the best and possibly the best when his 8 years are over.

You just keep telling yourself that. It's funny but you Trump ass kissers have been so obsessed with Obama (and unable to lay a glove on him) that instead of just being remembered as a good president, he's liable to be remembered as one of the greatest men to ever set foot in that Oval Office. And you'll have helped make it happen. :) And I love the fact that there's nothing you or you ilk can do to change that.

Honestly, 8 years. No scandals, no indictments, no convictions, no member of his administration going to jail. Just a whole bunch of alt-right conspiracy theories and other shit thrown against the wall. No wonder the Republican party and Conservatism in general are on their way out. No honesty, no integrity, no accountability.

And sorry, Trump goes down as the worst president this country ever elected.

The worst president in history talking as if he has anything worth saying now that is hilarious.

No. Someone who will be considered by history as a good president is warning voters not to make the same mistake and re-elect the worst president in our country's history.

I have my doubts you can foresee what's going to happen tomorrow, let alone what "history" is going to think of anyone. So spare me the attempt to claim legitimacy on the grounds of admiration you ASSume people not yet born will feel.

If
Bottom line, The Trump/Pence team is handling this virus attack as well as anyone could possibly handle it.

One thing that is for certain, Trump’s attempts to downplay the risk early on were clearly misguided.
One could say misguided. But you could also claim that leaders like Churchill were misguided when he kept saying that the U.K. would persevere. You could say that JFK was misguided when he claimed we would go to the moon.

Should JFK have said we have no real idea how to get to the moon because we have never done it and we don't have the technology?

If Churchill had said the Nazis are totally under control as they marched into Paris, he would have been thrown out of office immediately.

There’s a difference between being inspiring confidence and downplaying.
My point was would we have been better served if from the very beginning he had said we are expecting hundreds of thousands of deaths?
Looking at the way the stores empty out without mass hysteria I could see people being shot for the extra tp they had in their grocery cart. Someone might have had a broken neck because they had too many cans of beans.

Do you think that JFK was not actually thinking to himself that he was going to be the one to start a nuclear war during the Cuban missile crisis? But he never once told anyone to head to the high country, to run to bunkers, to stock on extra food.

I know that you want to put Trump into the worst possible light as you can. It maybe that he does not have the D beside his name. It could be because he beat Clinton. It could be for any number of reasons it really does not matter. The idea was to keep panic down and he managed to do that.

Come gather round people ,wherever you roam

And admit your GubMit around you has grown
And accept it soon or be picked to the bone
For the times they are a changin’

Come pundits and critics, and you partisan hacks
They all want your votes, but don’t have your backs
And don’t speak too soon for the media’s skewed spin
For there’s no telling who they’re blaming
For the loser is us, if you let them win

Come senators ,congressmen who patronize all
You give us the crumbs while your lobbyists take all
You make all the rules, yet abide none at all
And the middle class battle is ragin’
May fate shake your windows and rattle your walls

Come mothers and fathers all out through the land
Don’t stand on old times as if it were the plan
Your sons and your daughters need now take a stand
And the old road is rapidly aging
Please take the new road, and do lend a hand

~S~ w/apologies to Mr Dylan

The worst president in history talking as if he has anything worth saying now that is hilarious.

No. Someone who will be considered by history as a good president is warning voters not to make the same mistake and re-elect the worst president in our country's history.

I have my doubts you can foresee what's going to happen tomorrow, let alone what "history" is going to think of anyone. So spare me the attempt to claim legitimacy on the grounds of admiration you ASSume people not yet born will feel.

It has nothing to do with seeing the future. Its demographics. The population getting younger and more progressive.
Just evolution. And this was before the pandemic.
The Republican Party Is (Probably) Not Doomed

It has nothing to do with seeing the future. Its demographics. The population getting younger and more progressive.
Just evolution. And this was before the pandemic.
The Republican Party Is (Probably) Not Doomed

See, this is why I'm so doubtful of your ability to predict the future: because you don't seem to understand how the future works.

First of all, young people get older. And usually, their opinions and outlooks change as they do. Second of all, demographic groupings go up and down all the time, so what's happening right now isn't necessarily what's going to be happening later. Third, what does any of that have to do with what history, and historians, are going to think from a future perspective?

You seem to think that if you can just declare, "History is going to recognize how wonderful Obama is" enough times, it will somehow make it happen.

Here's the worst
I've never in my life time seen a person who brings out not just the WORST in himself...but to others too.
And he does it EVERY DAY.
In the midst of a crisis, a crisis of life and death quite literally, this man, cannot , even for a few moments, escape his bottomless insecurity, shallowness, and lack of respect for ANYONE who dares challenge him, or heaven forbid, criticizes him.
Today in the Oval Office, he had an opportunity, for which, EVEN for HIM as a photo op...could have been a powerful, unifying image.
He was signing a bill that 100% of BOTH Democrats and Republicans worked together on to pass.
It wasn't a perfect bill, and both sides had to give and take...but it was a bill that will bring some help to struggling American individual and businesses.
What did Trump do?
He took a photo with ONLY Republicans.
A small, petty, and sad individual does that.
Down through history, we've had presidents and other leaders who understood the value of contrarian views that could help shape ideas and innovations...and compromise.
Those people were secure enough with themselves that they could let others offer different, maybe out of the box ideas...and many true leaders were even ok with the critics..
"It comes with the territory", the saying goes.
Not this man.
He simply cannot allow for anything or anyone who doesn't bow to him, doesnt compliment him, doesnt suck up to him.
At one point today, like the child he is, he said even struggling states, which are dealing with life and death situations...have to be "nice to us...to get help from us".
Really?
Its come down to this?
Kiss his ring.
Tell him how great he is.
Fill his sad, vacant soul and ego with compliments and praise...and MAYBE you'll get support from the government for the citizens that he swore under oath to protect.
I simply cant express in words how very transparent and childish, and I believe, ill this man is.
And he's the president of the United States.
For the next 8 months.
In November we will, after 4 years, have the ability to remove this poor excuse of a human being from ever darkening the doors of our most hallowed and sacred office.
We need to do this. We need to do this in a landslide to make a statement.
America is for EVERYONE, not just the wealthy, and influential, and surely, not only for those who agree with the man at the wheel.
Donald Trump is a living example of the wretched and the wreckage of an insatiably selfish human being.
What he has shown us in crisis is exactly what we've always known about him.
Its never been "America First"..its ALWAYS been "Donald Trump...first."
By George Conway

QuoteReply
The whole thing was pretty much ironed out in the senate then Pelosi shows up after her time off and says no way. In two days she and others had 110 pages ready to go and somehow you don't see that as crazy? After negotiations they went with basically the same one that the senate had already spent the time negotiating. But thank god Pelosi steeped in right?
Trump spent many years in New York not as a politician but dealing with mobs and mob run unions. He doesn't mind calling a spade a spade.
The cult of dementia wants to run Biden. Not because he could do any better, left alone he would probably do worse. But he has that D beside his name and that is all that counts.

Barack Obama on Tuesday called out President Donald Trump’s widely criticized handling of the coronavirus pandemic, urging voters to “demand better of our government.”

“We’ve seen all too terribly the consequences of those who denied warnings of a pandemic,” Obama tweeted. “We can’t afford any more consequences of climate denial. All of us, especially young people, have to demand better of our government at every level and vote this fall,” he added.

Obama did not mention Trump by name in the tweet.
How can anyone so stupid and clueless even pretend to address the wise? Obama's only experience has been in addressing the stupid and clueless amongst us.
That's why he won by great margins ??Even won the Popular vote , imo the stupid amongst us were Trump voters and now even you must see the pain he caused by doing nothing when he should have acted presidential
He won simply because of skin color. Period full stop. A lot of people were deathly afraid of the racism card.

If

There’s a difference between being inspiring confidence and downplaying.
My point was would we have been better served if from the very beginning he had said we are expecting hundreds of thousands of deaths?
Looking at the way the stores empty out without mass hysteria I could see people being shot for the extra tp they had in their grocery cart. Someone might have had a broken neck because they had too many cans of beans.

Do you think that JFK was not actually thinking to himself that he was going to be the one to start a nuclear war during the Cuban missile crisis? But he never once told anyone to head to the high country, to run to bunkers, to stock on extra food.

I know that you want to put Trump into the worst possible light as you can. It maybe that he does not have the D beside his name. It could be because he beat Clinton. It could be for any number of reasons it really does not matter. The idea was to keep panic down and he managed to do that.

Gosh. If only there were a middle ground between lying to people and telling everyone to panic.

Barack Obama on Tuesday called out President Donald Trump’s widely criticized handling of the coronavirus pandemic, urging voters to “demand better of our government.”

“We’ve seen all too terribly the consequences of those who denied warnings of a pandemic,” Obama tweeted. “We can’t afford any more consequences of climate denial. All of us, especially young people, have to demand better of our government at every level and vote this fall,” he added.

How can anyone so stupid and clueless even pretend to address the wise? Obama's only experience has been in addressing the stupid and clueless amongst us.
That's why he won by great margins ??Even won the Popular vote , imo the stupid amongst us were Trump voters and now even you must see the pain he caused by doing nothing when he should have acted presidential
He won simply because of skin color. Period full stop. A lot of people were deathly afraid of the racism card.
Maybe that’s why you for voted him, but not me.

No he didn't. No one was concerned with having the race card played on them.
I still maintain if McCain picks a moderate VP who could form coherent sentences and wasn't a right wing whack-a-doodle, he might have won.

What does the Climate Change debate have to do with the Covid19 crisis? Critique Trump all you want but had this happened under Obama he’d be blaming Bush and Climate Change and his top priority would be to set up Solyndra -Part 2 to take care of his cronie$.
had this happened under obama as well as all the other crap trump has thrown,you'd want to hang him

No. It was not Conservatives who took to the streets and created violence against the opposition. It was Democrats so your violence claim is weak.

The classless punk can’t follow normal precedent of es Presidents not commenting on current Presidents.

Absolutely no class.
LOL LOL he never mentioned his name but the current POS has bashed Obama how many times??? I lost count
Um, Trump bashed Barry while running for, and being, President. You have a short memory. Barry bashed Bush during his campaign, and blamed him for anything that went wrong during his entire 8 year regime.

You lose.
Thats BS and bashing the prique that gave us a BS war is a bad thing?

That’s hilarious coming from a lying corporatist warmonger.
You're having such a great time with the moron Trump compared to the 8 years of Obama?? Really?
Trump is doing a good job
you call the danger he put America in because of his hard head and lack of listening to the smart people ,a good job?
Trump did neither of those
Oh really ? You say he acted in time, didn't ignore the threat ?putting America in more danger than need be? Read up a little You'll find you're wrong
I follow it daily so I know trump responded in a timely manner

You're having such a great time with the moron Trump compared to the 8 years of Obama?? Really?
you call the danger he put America in because of his hard head and lack of listening to the smart people ,a good job?
Thats the anti trump lib news media spin

but I’m not buying it
So you think trump is doing a great job ,,not pissing off more than half of America and the rest of the world?

I'm just going to say if we had a real person ,not a fn idiot a crook ,in our WH things would not be as bad as they are now you idiots voted for this crook now you got what you voted for The mafia wishes they could be like trump and congress

"And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done."

“And so, if we could hold that down, as we’re saying, to 100,000 – it’s a horrible number, maybe even less, but to 100,000, so we have between 100 [thousand] and 200,000 – we altogether have done a very good job.

It's important to remember no matter what happens, and no matter what he did or didn't do, Trump is doing a good job!
Trump was hoping for the best but at the same time doing everything possible under the circumstances to make up for the shameful lack of preparation in the deep blue cities and states

“These are times when the American people look for leaders. Leaders don’t whine. Leaders don’t blame." Trump is severely unqualified And my years with Obama while not great ,were good years and he left a far better economy to dump than he was given by repub gwb

Since Obozo wasn’t a leader he best STFU. Leaders don’t whine or blame? This from an incompetent ass who did nothing but whine and blame Bush for 8 years. He and his husband are know nothing jokes.

"And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done."

“And so, if we could hold that down, as we’re saying, to 100,000 – it’s a horrible number, maybe even less, but to 100,000, so we have between 100 [thousand] and 200,000 – we altogether have done a very good job.

It's important to remember no matter what happens, and no matter what he did or didn't do, Trump is doing a good job!
Trump was hoping for the best but at the same time doing everything possible under the circumstances to make up for the shameful lack of preparation in the deep blue cities and states
What a humanitarian he is what a man full of empathy what a man you'd love to watch your back

Forum List

Back