A suggestion about threads that touch on media as they relate to political stories.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I get that you have sub forums for "media"
I also get that our corrupt media has become so intertwined in our equally corrupt political system that the two are inexorably linked.
Immediately moving threads to a sub forum that gets much less foot traffic is a disservice to the goal of exposing lies & corruption.
Those types of stories need to be front and center for all to see.

Boom in before the lock.jpg

I also get that our corrupt media has become so intertwined in our equally corrupt political system that the two are inexorably linked.
Immediately moving threads to a sub forum that gets much less foot traffic is a disservice to the goal of exposing lies & corruption.
Most of your postings on media stories need to be put in conspiracy theories

Most of your postings on media stories need to be put in conspiracy theories

ALL of your posts need to be in CT.

jeezus!!

The problem is - if it's about media it really belongs in media, so if it's on say media bias in reporting an event about a corrupt politician it usually belongs in media. If it's about a media personality (like the many who opine) talking about a political event - it most likely belongs in media. If the subject is actually a political person or happening being reported on - and that is the thrust of the topic rather than the media source it would likely go in politics. But there is a lot of grey area.

Part of the problem we, as mods, have is EVERYTHING gets dumped into politics and for the same reason - "it deserves exposure". Well politics doesn't necessarily lead to more exposure, I've seen plenty of threads die without a whimper there. What keeps a thread alive and in sight is whether or not the OP invests in it - adds new stuff (besides "bump") and keeps it going. Regardless of where it's placed (except Zone 4 I think) - it will trend the same.

When everything gets dumped in politics - it makes it difficult for people genuinely searching for political stuff to find it. As another example - Covid threads. Every single covid thread seemed to end up in politics and most really have nothing to do with politics (hence being moved).

The problem is - if it's about media it really belongs in media, so if it's on say media bias in reporting an event about a corrupt politician it usually belongs in media. If it's about a media personality (like the many who opine) talking about a political event - it most likely belongs in media. If the subject is actually a political person or happening being reported on - and that is the thrust of the topic rather than the media source it would likely go in politics. But there is a lot of grey area.

Part of the problem we, as mods, have is EVERYTHING gets dumped into politics and for the same reason - "it deserves exposure". Well politics doesn't necessarily lead to more exposure, I've seen plenty of threads die without a whimper there. What keeps a thread alive and in sight is whether or not the OP invests in it - adds new stuff (besides "bump") and keeps it going. Regardless of where it's placed (except Zone 4 I think) - it will trend the same.

When everything gets dumped in politics - it makes it difficult for people genuinely searching for political stuff to find it. As another example - Covid threads. Every single covid thread seemed to end up in politics and most really have nothing to do with politics (hence being moved).
I suspect why it all gets in Politics because the OP is afraid it won't get any traction.

I suspect why it all gets in Politics because the OP is afraid it won't get any traction.

Yup. You nailed it.

Forum List

Back