A question for the intolerent

Volatire

Rookie
Jun 10, 2011
Why? Why must you force your way of life onto others? Can't we just get on living our lives? To the creationists: I don't think you're going to change the opinions of us Atheists. As for the Atheists, likewise. What's the point of throwing dirt on other religions? Other ideas? It's just getting us nowhere...

Why? Why must you force your way of life onto others? Can't we just get on living our lives? To the creationists: I don't think you're going to change the opinions of us Atheists. As for the Atheists, likewise. What's the point of throwing dirt on other religions? Other ideas? It's just getting us nowhere...

Aren't you, by insisting that everyone accept you, forcing your way of life onto them?

Only liberals force they way of life to us, we just defend ourselves.And regarding Christianity, if you look all other posts here you can see that more as 80 % of all posts are ugly bashing of Christians.We defend ourselves too. And back to "other religions", not we preach in Saudi Arabia or Bahrain but them push their Islam to us, we defend ourselves at third time again, it is nothing wrong here.

At first stop pushing of Homosexuality, Atheism, Islam, Liberalism to folks, thereafter we can talk about allegedly "intolerance".

Last edited:

It's the general divisiveness of different belief systems. My god is better than your god etc.

Atheist is not a proper noun, please do not capitalize it.

The more you know. <3

I'm merely questioning why. Not saying we should stop. Hell no! Then this site would be too damn boring. It's much more fun coming on here as a Liberal atheist. (It's an idea, realizing that after I had logged out. Still, no need to be a grammar Nazi.)

My take on this is....if you don't want to talk religion, if you want nothing to do with religion, then why come to this area of the board?? If i didn't want to discuss something, i'd stay away from that area.

And how do you know we won't change an atheists mind? It's happened....just as i'm sure some people that thought they were Christian may have turned away from that belief because of what some atheist told them. It would be great if we could just have discussions on here without bashing eachothers beliefs, but it isn't going to happen. There are too many on both sides that just have to "argue" their points, no matter how stupid some of them are.

If my telling someone of my belief in God helps even one person to turn to Him, that's all that matters. I don't care what people say of me, i try to treat everyone with respect, but sometimes it's impossible. If you want respect and have people listen to what you have to say, you need to earn that respect. Many don't....

It only appears when the religous nuts (and I mean of all religions) try and make their mystical beliefs into laws....if they keep their religion out of law, then no harm, no foul...

I'm merely questioning why.
It's simple: Every group has their own idea of "truth", and the best "way of life" for everyone. That causes conflict, especially when we're viewed as evil satanists by many, and many of us don't have the capacity to give a fuck about offending the religious to make a point. There really can be no peace between the two sides as a whole, but healthy conflict is good for the soul, and the species.

It's much more fun coming on here as a Liberal atheist.
Most are. I've yet to find another Conservative atheist on the internet, or IRL. If I did, I'd probably hate the mother fucker, since I rarely get along with my own kind.

Last edited:
Are you going to answer your question? Or were you presuming that it somehow described us rather than yourself?

Only liberals force they way of life to us, we just defend ourselves.And regarding Christianity, if you look all other posts here you can see that more as 80 % of all posts are ugly bashing of Christians.We defend ourselves too. And back to "other religions", not we preach in Saudi Arabia or Bahrain but them push their Islam to us, we defend ourselves at third time again, it is nothing wrong here.

At first stop pushing of Homosexuality, Atheism, Islam, Liberalism to folks, thereafter we can talk about allegedly "intolerance".

So you claim your side doesnt force beliefs on others and then you turn right arround and say people should not talk publicly of ideas you dont agree with?

When Christians are perceived as forcing our way of life on others we are blasted. When atheists do it they are defended. Of course the opposite for both is true.

Aren't you, by insisting that everyone accept you, forcing your way of life onto them?

Aren't you trying to force your way of life on us? You can't have it both ways.

Of all the stupid shit that humans use to pit themselves against each other, religion has got to be the A-Number-One stupidest of them all.

Christians have a co-mission to spread the Good News. Not to beat people into submission. There may come a time when leaning on your own understanding isn't enough. You'd be surprised how many atheists start talking to God in a foxhole, an emergency room, in the depth of personal despair.........
If a Christian has done his job, you'll know who you are calling on to carry you through.

Forum List

Back