sell everything and give it to the poor

blu

Sep 21, 2009
iX6GP.jpg

Hey...it's worse than that. Since the Roman emperor Constantine essentially started Christianity the Vatican has been accumulating some of the most rare and expensive art on the planet. I have a suggestion...just sell the art, set up a normal savings account, give the gains to the hungry and never touch the principal. At least that way instead of the wealth simply hanging on a wall or being sealed in a vault it could be doing some good. I haven't even mantioned their collection of gold and jewelry. Their smoke pots for their weird rituals are even made of gold and jewelry. The poor can go to hell while the all powerful continue with their superstition for one purpose...power and control.

You couldn't force me to wear one of those gowns and tall hats if you offered to make me rich and powerful.

Had the Vatican not become so wealthy?

Most of that great art they own would never have been created in the first place.

The vatican commissioned those artist to make it, ya know?

They were SPREADING the wealth around.

Would that our richest folks be doing likewise, right now.

It would help, it truly world.

You cannot imagine how when Cauley (former CEO of MBNA) went nuts buying art from the local artists in this area, the local economy thrived.

Most of that great art they own would never have been created in the first place.

You cannot imagine how when Cauley (former CEO of MBNA) went nuts buying art from the local artists in this area, the local economy thrived.

Bullshit! I've read the new testament no less than ten times and other than hellfire warnings it's filled with charity and take care of the poor messages. There's not a word in there about constructing a church and there's warnings against doing exactly what the Christians have always done. A typical Christian spends about an hour and half a week dropping off his money at the church so they can basically support their selves. The poor sucks hind teat.

All the food we send to poor nations gets confiscated by thugs & sold to the highest bidders or destroyed. It never gets to the needy.
This.
Untill corrupt leaders are thrown out it's like throwing money in the street.

And meanwhile the holier than thou gang work hard for cellular life while the living die of preventable causes every few seconds. Damn if I can figure it out. Support UNICEF, the Salvation army, and Catholic Charities - all do good.

"Can we be sure that our donation will really get to the people who need it? Doesn’t most aid get swallowed up in administrative costs, or waste, or downright corruption? Isn’t the real problem the growing world population, and is there any point in saving lives until the problem has been solved? These questions can all be answered: but I also point out that even if a substantial proportion of our donations were wasted, the cost to us of making the donation is so small, compared to the benefits that it provides when it, or some of it, does get through to those who need our help, that we would still be saving lives at a small cost to ourselves – even if aid organizations were much less efficient than they actually are." Peter Singer The Drowning Child and the Expanding Circle, by Peter Singer

Last edited:
Just because the bible doesn't specifically command it in the New Testament does not mean that it is prohibited from being done.

Also, the Catholic church is probably one of the most charitable of all churches that is the one thing you should not be condenmening them for. Their priests take a small salary as well as their nuns yet you have pastors that are multimillionaires...what have they done for the poor lately? The Catholic church has orphanages all over the world, ministries all over the world, feed the hungry programs world wide, homeless and drug programs as well as free legal aid world wide. How many churches can even come close to what the Catholic church provides in economic assistance to the needy?

And meanwhile the holier than thou gang work hard for cellular life while the living die of preventable causes every few seconds. Damn if I can figure it out. Support UNICEF, the Salvation army, and Catholic Charities - all do good.

"Can we be sure that our donation will really get to the people who need it? Doesn’t most aid get swallowed up in administrative costs, or waste, or downright corruption? Isn’t the real problem the growing world population, and is there any point in saving lives until the problem has been solved? These questions can all be answered: but I also point out that even if a substantial proportion of our donations were wasted, the cost to us of making the donation is so small, compared to the benefits that it provides when it, or some of it, does get through to those who need our help, that we would still be saving lives at a small cost to ourselves – even if aid organizations were much less efficient than they actually are." Peter Singer The Drowning Child and the Expanding Circle, by Peter Singer

We give all our charitable donations to two organizations. UNICEF and OperationSmile:

https://community.operationsmile.or...heart-of-an-operation-smile-volunteer-surgeon

Smile salvages the lives of innocent children and all the doctors and surgeons are volunteers.

Last edited:

Bullshit!

No, nothing I said was bullshit.

I've read the new testament no less than ten times and other than hellfire warnings it's filled with charity and take care of the poor messages.

Yeah so? What does that have to do with what I wrote?

There's not a word in there about constructing a church and there's warnings against doing exactly what the Christians have always done. A typical Christian spends about an hour and half a week dropping off his money at the church so they can basically support their selves. The poor sucks hind teat.

Valid complaints of course, but none of it has anything to do with what I wrote.

Maybe you were so prepared to have an argument with somebody who is prepared to defend the church that you naturally assumed that I was that guy.

I merely pointed out that those art works that the RC church owns exist because the RC church commissioned them and by doing so, they CREATED JOBS for people and spread some of that wealth they'd gotten from their society back INTO the society's economy.

Why that upset you so, I don't know.

The Catholic Church maintains those treasures on behalf of mankind. According to the Vatican, it does not 'own' these priceless works, it is only the storage facility to ensure their safe-keeping on behalf of mankind. If the Church were to sell these treasures - which it considers it does not own - they would be lost to the world and end up in the hands of private collectors. The view of the Church is that that act would be a cultural lost for humanity. In fact, for audit purposes, each of those treasures is valued at 1 euro.

As an aside, the Catholic Church is the largest Charity on earth.

There's not a word in there about constructing a church and there's warnings against doing exactly what the Christians have always done. A typical Christian spends about an hour and half a week dropping off his money at the church so they can basically support their selves. The poor sucks hind teat.

Valid complaints of course, but none of it has anything to do with what I wrote.

Maybe you were so prepared to have an argument with somebody who is prepared to defend the church that you naturally assumed that I was that guy.

I merely pointed out that those art works that the RC church owns exist because the RC church commissioned them and by doing so, they CREATED JOBS for people and spread some of that wealth they'd gotten from their society back INTO the society's economy.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To me it's bullshit. There has never been such a greedy, murderous clan in the history of the world. Witch hunts, torture, burning at the stake, public pillarings, stoning, the crusades, the inquisitions, slavery, the submission of women, child molestations, bigotry, etc.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Have you ever read an historic accounting of the church's activities from anything except the bible?

Last edited:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To me it's bullshit. There has never been such a greedy, murderous clan in the history of the world. Witch hunts, torture, burning at the stake, public pillarings, the crusades, the inquisitions, slavery, submission of women, child molestations. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

No one could ever accuse you of rational, logical thought.

Just because the bible doesn't specifically command it in the New Testament does not mean that it is prohibited from being done.

Also, the Catholic church is probably one of the most charitable of all churches that is the one thing you should not be condenmening them for. Their priests take a small salary as well as their nuns yet you have pastors that are multimillionaires...what have they done for the poor lately? The Catholic church has orphanages all over the world, ministries all over the world, feed the hungry programs world wide, homeless and drug programs as well as free legal aid world wide. How many churches can even come close to what the Catholic church provides in economic assistance to the needy?

How many can come close? None.

No country, no charity, no Church.... none come close to what the Catholic Church does. And still idiots want them to sell things they do not own and 'give it to the poor'. If only those people were as charitable as the Catholic Church.

the catholic chruch could wipe out poverty on earth if it sold a fraction of its possessions

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To me it's bullshit. There has never been such a greedy, murderous clan in the history of the world. Witch hunts, torture, burning at the stake, public pillarings, the crusades, the inquisitions, slavery, submission of women, child molestations. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

No one could ever accuse you of rational, logical thought.

Yeah well...I like facts. I don't believe in virgin birth. I don't believe in healing by touching. I don't believe in walking on water. I don't believe the water into fine wine thing. I sure don't believe 5000 hungry men plus women and children who also ate were fed with two fish and five loaves then 12 baskets of leftovers were gathered. I don't believe a man was hung on a tree and bled like a hog then showed up fit as a fiddle two days later. I basically think each and every so called miracle in the bible is myth, legend and bullshit!! Folla??

the catholic chruch could wipe out poverty on earth if it sold a fraction of its possessions

I've already explained it. It doesn't own much.... and I have also explained that the Catholic Church does more to feed, educate, house, and support the poor than any nation, charity, group or individual on the planet.

Moron.

Forum List

Back