A Proud Boys member who wielded an axe handle during the Capitol riot gets over 4 years in prison

Status
Not open for further replies.

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2011
In a Republic, actually
“A jailed member of the Proud Boys extremist group was sentenced on Friday to more than four years in prison for his role in a mob’s attack on the U.S. Capitol three years ago, court records show.

William Chrestman, a U.S. Army veteran from Olathe, Kansas, brandished an axe handle and threated police with violence after leading other Proud Boys members to the perimeter of the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

Chrestman pleaded guilty in October to obstructing the Jan. 6 joint session of Congress for certifying the Electoral College vote. He also pleaded guilty to a second felony count of threatening to assault a federal officer during the Capitol riot.”

Another victory for democracy.

Jan6.jpeg

Another victory for democracy; another defeat for the illiberal fascist right.

Mehh. Trump will pardon him and every other Jan6 political prisoner in 2025.

Interesting though, how someone sporting a Bill of Rights avatar is so much on the side of political persecution and violation of civil rights.

“A jailed member of the Proud Boys extremist group was sentenced on Friday to more than four years in prison for his role in a mob’s attack on the U.S. Capitol three years ago, court records show.

William Chrestman, a U.S. Army veteran from Olathe, Kansas, brandished an axe handle and threated police with violence after leading other Proud Boys members to the perimeter of the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

Chrestman pleaded guilty in October to obstructing the Jan. 6 joint session of Congress for certifying the Electoral College vote. He also pleaded guilty to a second felony count of threatening to assault a federal officer during the Capitol riot.”

Another victory for democracy.
He was just a peaceful protester that just happened to have an axe handle in his pocket when he went to the trump rally in Washington on Jan 6?

I am surprised, he only got 4 years.

He was just a peaceful protester that just happened to have an axe handle in his pocket when he went to the trump rally in Washington on Jan 6?

I guess the judge didn't buy the story that he was just going to chop down a tree and bring it home as a momento of his trip to DC

Mehh. Trump will pardon him and every other Jan6 political prisoner in 2025.

Interesting though, how someone sporting a Bill of Rights avatar is so much on the side of political persecution and violation of civil rights.
What civil right?

Self defense is a Constitutional right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back