Ex-Proud Boys organizer sentenced to 17 years in prison for plot to keep Trump in power

Wait.
Jan 6 was an insurrection.
But no one has been, or apparently will be, charged for insurrection.
Why is that?

91guiwzztolb1.jpg

Read it here.

Is sedition the same thing as insurrection?​

While they clearly overlap, “sedition” centers more on plotting and incitement, whereas “insurrection” is generally understood to mean the actual violent acts of an uprising aimed at overthrowing the government.

That said, the federal law against insurrection, Section 2383, slightly blurs that line. It says that “whoever incites, sets on foot, assists or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto” is guilty of that offense. Its penalty is up to 10 years in prison and disqualification from holding federal office.

Insurrection charges are considered difficult to prove and are exceedingly rare. While many people have called the events of Jan. 6 an “insurrection,” the Justice Department has not charged any rioters with that crime. In addition to the handful of seditious conspiracy charges against members of two militias, the Oath Keepers and the Proud Boys, prosecutors have charged various rioters with such crimes as assaulting police officers, obstructing an official congressional proceeding and trespassing.

Proud Boys sentenced to 17 years and 15 years.
The, previously, tough talking Proud Boys cried, apologized and begged for mercy at sentencing.
Two individuals who are very sorry they bought into the "Big Lie". They are paying the price as so many other MAGA supporters.

I agree they should serve time. I don't agree with the length of time served. Seems absurd for what they are guilty of. This is the problem with our justice system. It's very lopsided.

But YET the rioters of George Floyd destroy millions, none punished, Kamala creating a bail fund to get them back out on the street to RIOT more, encouraging them to do it, the rioter steal millions from companies and it will years for them to recover. And then they give the rioters $4.7 Million so thusly rewarding them for their crimes.

So no punishment for them, but 17 years for what this guy did.
Wrong thread. Try to focus, dipshit.

Biden should give all of them pardons.
There may come a day when some of the unorganized fools who got carried away and entered the Capitol without viciously attacking police can be given mercy and pardoned by a liberal President. This, imo, should not include these “Pride Boy” organizers,

That day can come as soon as our nation passes through its present crisis and a quarter of the nation recovers from its Trump mania, as soon as lunatic “Big Lie” authoritarian advocates of “civil war” become once again just a bad memory.

But now these sentences play an important role and serve as a needed reminder and warning. They show perhaps a million or so violence-minded ignorant, big-talking Trump cultists and wannabe fascists that our imperfect republic’s fundamental institutions cannot be easily trifled with, that it WILL DEFEND ITSELF against outrageous internal seditious acts of violence.

This is a creepy abuse of justice to intimidate the public. This guy should have gotten like 1-2 years at most for what he did.. knocking over gates and going into the capitol. He got 17 years. IMO The judge is an evil, insecure, man… and he ruined someone else’s life out of spite, revenge, a sense of duty to radical leftist abuse against political opponents, and probably enjoyment. I hope someone gets into office that can pardon this previous-perpetrator now-victim.

Who will they come after next? They’re indicting people who answered Trump lawyer phone calls now… how long before voting for Trump in 2024 is a felony, “supporting” overthrowing the govt?

Last edited:
This is a creepy abuse of justice to intimidate the public. This guy should have gotten like 1-2 years at most for what he did.. knocking over gates and going into the capitol. He got 17 years. IMO The judge is an evil, insecure, man… and he ruined someone else’s life out of spite, revenge, and probably enjoyment.

Who will they come after next? They’re indicting people who answered Trump lawyer phone calls now… how long before voting for Trump in 2024 is a felony, “supporting” overthrowing the govt?
Innocent people going to prison just for walking into the capitol.

Surely you are not talking about these “Proud Boys” !!!

Which “innocent people …just walking into the Capitol” are you talking about???

Were they just tourists?

How much prison were your “innocents” sentenced to?

Finally, parole boards may also let many of these not-so-“innocent” protesters go home early … without any pardons … and as I said many were not sentenced to long periods in jail in the first place.

So stop with all the drama, and admit that in fact none of those sentenced were … “innocent.”

Last edited:
“Judge, they say it was rape and attempted murder. But I only raped and beat her up a little! I never wanted her to die. I never even tried to kill her. Hell, if I wanted to kill her, I could have.

“I haven’t even been found guilty yet. So why would those nasty liberal reporters call it rape AND attempted murder? Why would they do that?”

Last edited:
Apparently, it wasn't an insurrection, then.
All the people referring to Jan 6 as an insurrection are lying abot it.
Why would they do that?
By Trump's own definition, January 6 was an insurrection.

President Donald Trump threatened Thursday to “put … down very quickly” riots on election night should aggrieved Democrats take to the streets in the wake of his potential victory.

[snip]

“We’ll put them down very quickly if they do that. We have the right to do that. We have the power to do that, if we want,” Trump said.

“Look, it’s called insurrection,” he added. “We just send in, and we do it very easy. I mean, it’s very easy. I’d rather not do that because there’s no reason for it, but if we had to, we’d do that and put it down within minutes.”

‘We’ll put them down very quickly’: Trump threatens to quash election night riots

So like I said, by Trump's very own definition, January 6 was an insurrection.

He also said he would "put down very quickly" an insurrection by Democrats who took to the streets in the wake of his victory.

And he yet jerked off for over three hours during the MAGA insurrection while people were dying.

"We’d do that and put it down within minutes.”

But no one has been, or apparently will be, charged for insurrection. Why is that?
It seems....because 'sedition' carries a stiffer sentence.
So does assaulting a federal officer with a weapon.
We all be cool with that. No?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This guy should have gotten like 1-2 years at most for what he did.. knocking over gates and going into the capitol. He got 17 years.
Well, PW, I would speculate that our nation views "knocking over gates" to attack the People's House to stop our Constitutionally mandated peaceful-transfer-of-power ......as.......well, as a bit more portentous than 'knocking over gates' to be first in line on Black Friday.

Anyway, that's the way I'd view it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah, that'd be awful.
If that's what happened, but.....
,,,,but judges and juries don't think that's what happened.
So, you seem sadly out of sync on that stuff.

Just sayin'.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree they should serve time. I don't agree with the length of time served. Seems absurd for what they are guilty of. This is the problem with our justice system. It's very lopsided.
Because they were unsuccessful, I understand what you are saying. But what if they were successful. It would have been an horrific crime. The USA we know, as established by our founding fathers and our Constitution would be turned into a nation defined by one individual, Donald Trump. It would have been a dictatorship. The effects on hundreds of millions people would be disastorous.
It is like attempted murder. How do you punish the individual? Without adequate punishment, they are back on the streets commiting murders.

Forum List

Back