A Note To Teacher's Everywhere

I say to the same young person: DO IT. A life of service is no less worthwhile and meaningful because it is not easy.

It has never been easy. Not for one day was it ever easy. Not on the day I started, when I loved it, or midway, or now.

The difference is we are now being asked to all but bleed ourselves out for nothing in return. I am a follower of Jesus Christ but I am not actually Jesus Christ. My well of compassion, energy etc is not neverending. But these days it's required.

no.

we can't sustain this. And we shouldn't be asked to do so.

If you can't take it anymore, move on. Stronger ones will take your place.

Oh I can take it. I'm a war-worn grizzled veteran. Not much bothers me anymore. I'm fine.

I'm worried about the new teachers. They cannot take it and frankly they shouldn't have to. Should a third year teacher in my school "take it" when a 170 lb fifth grader loses his crap AGAIN and goes on an hour long tirade of destroying her entire room?

What say you??

She will probably quit soon. She is looking at this for the next 30 years.

So even five years ago I never would have imagined this. I adore teaching. It has blessed and fulfilled my life in ways I can't even type out, and wouldn't ever on a message board at any rate.

But now I say without hesitation to any young person even dreaming of it: do not. Don't.

I'm sorry. Find a new dream.

And it's not the children. Yes there are behavior issues worse than ever. But they are still kids. If you love kids they will still delight you.

It's society. It's this post. It's everyone demanding everything--EXPECTING it. It's people telling you being a public servant means you are THEIR servant and if you get fed up with it and quit mid-year, they are owed a detailed explanation as to why because "they pay your salary".

It's the parents whose children produce nothing, try nothing, strive for nothing, but it's YOUR fault they are failing. It's the parents whose child swallowed a penny and they ask you to go through the child's poop at school to fish it out. (Really).

No one can do this anymore. No one can do this with so little time, support, respect. We can't be expected to raise your children (see poop story) but then be blamed when any little thing goes wrong.

Fellow conservatives, you are getting your wish. The schools are failing. But you might not like what comes next.
So you acknowledge the right is dishonestly making absurd claims about the schools just to keep the crazies riled up. Do you think that is the only issue they are using this tactic on?

Plenty can. Those who can't aren't suited to the role.

Wrong answer.

The answer is: no one should. It's abusive. Being stuck in a room with a big explosive child who could go off at any time, day after day, is abusive.

If this were happening in the homes of the other children they would be removed from their homes for abuse.

SO maybe instead of saying we need to find people willing to work in abusive situations, maybe we need to fix schools so they are centers for ongoing trauma. What a thought.

So you acknowledge the right is dishonestly making absurd claims about the schools just to keep the crazies riled up. Do you think that is the only issue they are using this tactic on?

They're not making up the absurd claims. The gender queer or whatever teachers are definitely out there. The problem is when they think all or even most teachers do want to "indoctrinate" their kids.

So yes, the Right has a problem with this but the Left is batsh1t crazy. You all chasing trans kids while the economy burns. You have lost the culture for a generation. Whatever happens with Roe will barely be a pause in your Titanic.

They're not making up the absurd claims. The gender queer or whatever teachers are definitely out there. The problem is when they think all or even most teachers do want to "indoctrinate" their kids.

So yes, the Right has a problem with this but the Left is batsh1t crazy. You all chasing trans kids while the economy burns. You have lost the culture for a generation. Whatever happens with Roe will barely be a pause in your Titanic.
Read the posts here. They don't say some teachers out there somewhere are teaching the wrong things. They say it's every teacher from every school. Are you aware of any teachers in your school teaching inappropriate sex lessons?

Read the posts here. They don't say some teachers out there somewhere are teaching the wrong things. They say it's every teacher from every school. Are you aware of any teachers in your school teaching inappropriate sex lessons?

Can you read for comprehension? I already said this.

Now read the second part of what I said

Only answer. The weak should go do something else.

So you're too weak to do something about a 170 lb 5th grader constantly losing his crap and destroying stuff. When professionals call it out for being wrong--and it is--your only solution is we can't hack it.

No one should hack it. The schools are a mess.

So you're too weak to do something about a 170 lb 5th grader constantly losing his crap and destroying stuff. When professionals call it out for being wrong--and it is--your only solution is we can't hack it.

No one should hack it. The schools are a mess.

If you can't handle it anymore, just quit. Make way for someone who can. The kids deserve that much.

If you can't handle it anymore, just quit. Make way for someone who can. The kids deserve that much.

What about the 5th graders in the class that are afraid to come to school because of this situation and rightly so?

Oh right it's my problem. Sure it is.

What about the 5th graders in the class that are afraid to come to school because of this situation and rightly so?

Oh right it's my problem. Sure it is.

They always need baggers at your local grocery store.

I worked with a few former teachers in my day. Each of them had the exact same reason for leaving the profession: The Parents!

I'd say putting up with snotty kids raised to believe that they are each special and entitled would be enough to earn some appreciation...

In the last twenty years I have not seen a generation who would have survived in school the years I attended...

Forum List

Back