A Non-Political Question for anyone from Texas

Hellbilly

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 2016
Aniyuawiya
I watched a documentary about one of my favorite bands, ZZ Top. At one point they were talking about Texas pride. They said that in Texas they teach kids Texas history before they teach American history. So my question is, has this ever been true, and if so, do they still do that?

I've lived in both Texas and Oklahoma where students are required to take state history in order to graduate from high school.
Been a long time ago, but I seem to remember it's after taking American history. ... :cool:

Last edited:
I watched a documentary about one of my favorite bands, ZZ Top. At one point they were talking about Texas pride. They said that in Texas they teach kids Texas history before they teach American history. So my question is, has this ever been true, and if so, do they still do that?
Truth.

I took Texas History in 6th grade, American History started in 7th

ZZ Top, the best beards in the business. A strange cross between western twang and techno-pop. I liked them but I doubt if they had a handle on public education issues.

A strange cross between western twang and techno-pop.
Just curious. How did you arrive at that opinion? I've never heard anyone describe them like that.
I liked them but I doubt if they had a handle on public education issues.
They were not addressing any public education issues. They were talking about their childhood and what Texas pride was.

Forum List

Back