A multistory residential building partially collapsed in the South Florida

Video showing collapse. I saw a flash.

I think what what looks like a flash is the lights going out. There are some sparks too, from lots of wires shorting out.

[Unrelated additional info]:
There are reports of the underground parking garage flooding and the building shaking prior to the collapse. These are false. They are based upon what resident Barry Cohen reported to the media. His interview but has been mis-paraphrased at various websites. The garage flooding was observed after the collapse. That could be due to broken water pipes and/or ground water intrusion into the garage.

On a structural engineering discussion board, someone noted that garage columns are exposed to salty air, and they are often seen deteriorating in Florida apartment buildings.

Here is a picture of a gaping hole opening up in the ground-level parking deck, exposing the underground parking garage. I hope that is not a crack that I have drawn an arrow pointing out. Sure looks like one, though.

1624570375639.png

God bless the first responders.

Update on the news just now:
1 confirmed dead; 99 unaccounted for...
Search and Rescue still underway.

Ashes to ashes and dust to dust. Speaking of dust, the vast majority of the concrete that collapsed turned to instant dust! Very few slabs. I find this odd.
Maybe the builder saved a lot on rebar.

I bet there are a lot of people around the country living in buildings like that and feeling very insecure right now.

Residents of Miami-Dade County know now which apartment building not to live in. According to the florida governor dersantis, the owners of the building will not be identified as it would limit their ability to profit from future building business. Recenty changed laws in florida by libertarian conservatives will limit any lawsuits and damages to individuals because it would hurt building and healthcare businesses. Furthermore, the governor stated that because the collapse happened in the middle of the night emergency off hours responses by private emergency services (they contracted them out) would billed to the injured or deceased at off-hours rates. Additionally, the governors office stated that if any identifiable remains are found family members have 24 hours to retrieve them.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/miami-beach/article252324218.html
You are jumping to conclusions so that you can throw in some kind of anti-Right Wing conspiracy theory :). You have no whom the owners are, or if they are somehow culpable. Notably, this tragedy occurred in a Blue county of Florida.

No one knows the cause, CNN was supposedly focused on ongoing construction on the roof, so you should believe them, LOL. (It's clear is collapsed near the foundation first.)

It seems somewhat premature to interject politics into this. Mainly because no one knows yet what happened. Also because there may still be some people trapped, God help them.

From the DailyMail:
Both cadaver dogs and rescue dogs are being used. Some signs of life have been detected in the rubble, but officials warn it will be extremely difficult to rescue those trapped safely

Last edited:
I am uncomfortable with how close the rescue teams are staged...

44624781-9720381-image-a-34_1624540600383.jpg

There are cracks all over the place...

police-car-is-parked-in-front-of-debris-from-a-partially-collapsed-picture-id1233635295

There is a nasty crack that runs both vertically and horizontally above the corner column in this image (lower right, zoomed-in picture follows).

this-aerial-view-shows-search-and-rescue-personnel-working-on-site-picture-id1233636269

1624583253132.png

Last edited:
Just look at these heroes risking their lives in an attempt to save complete strangers who may be trapped.

They are getting ready to attempt to drill through the roof of the parking garage, while standing in water...

Reportedly, building was known to be sinking...

Collapsed Miami beach condo tower hadn't been certified since 1981 when it was built and has been 'sinking into the ground since the NINETIES'​

• Champlain Towers South in Surfside, Florida, was built in 1981 and hasn't been recertified since then
  • Shimon Wdowinski, a professor in the Department of Earth and Environment at Florida International University, did a study on the building last year
  • He found that it had been sinking 2mm a year since the 1990s into the ground
  • Miami Dade Building Code states buildings only have to be certified every 40 years
  • The Champlain Towers South Association hired an engineer to review structural and electrical updates ahead of its first certification
  • It was also in the process of re-roofing when the building partially collapsed on Thursday
  • Officials have no idea what caused the building to collapse yet
  • There are now fears the rest of it will collapse soon, further reducing the chances of finding any survivors
  • One person is dead, with 99 others linked to the building still missing
  • Bruce Masia, a local building manager, said the roof renovation will be looked at
  • He asked whether it put any additional weight on the building that it couldn't withstand

In this picture I previously posted, it shows the ground level has sunk about five or six feet. All of those white columns used to be underground in the parking garage below, and they now protrude through the ground level deck. The rebar has literally been ripped out of the ground level deck; you can see it hanging from column 72 on the left.

im-359467

Last edited:
Yes, It may still be a story of profit on materials or labor ? and on CNN they are talking about the fact that it had construction on the roof.
Yeah lumber is 100 bucks a sheet

Broward is land of the coward crooked libturds. Most corrupt county in the USA

A libturd has something to do with this absolute
And if it is the friends of lefties we will have only the initials of the terrorists , we have to the same thing going on in France.
This looks like a horrible accident

Yup.

Then again, it could be anything....in these crazy times you never know.

Just look at these heroes risking their lives in an attempt to save complete strangers who may be trapped.

They are getting ready to attempt to drill through the roof of the parking garage, while standing in water...

Collapsed Miami beach condo tower hadn't been certified since 1981 when it was built and has been 'sinking into the ground since the NINETIES'​

• Champlain Towers South in Surfside, Florida, was built in 1981 and hasn't been recertified since then
  • Shimon Wdowinski, a professor in the Department of Earth and Environment at Florida International University, did a study on the building last year
  • Miami Dade Building Code states buildings only have to be certified every 40 years
  • The Champlain Towers South Association hired an engineer to review structural and electrical updates ahead of its first certification
  • It was also in the process of re-roofing when the building partially collapsed on Thursday
  • There are now fears the rest of it will collapse soon, further reducing the chances of finding any survivors
  • Bruce Masia, a local building manager, said the roof renovation will be looked at
  • He asked whether it put any additional weight on the building that it couldn't withstand

In this picture I previously posted, it shows the ground level has sunk about five or six feet. All of those white columns used to be underground in the parking garage below, and they now protrude through the ground level deck. The rebar has literally been ripped out of the ground level deck; you can see it hanging from column 72 on the left.

im-359467
Sink holes crossed my mind

I'm hearing that the FBI has been summoned to the collapsed condominium in Miami.

The FBI ....wow just wow :rolleyes:

Anybody can confirm this?

im-359467
Same here. Unstable ground, with the building already noted to have been slowly sinking.
Florida is known for this problem with porous limestone and underground water issues.

im-359467
Same here. Unstable ground, with the building already noted to have been slowly sinking.
Florida is known for this problem with porous limestone and underground water issues.

It's incredible how it falls down.... sinkholes have the exact same effect with buildings going down, like a controlled demolition!

wow, scary,

im-359467

It's incredible how it falls down.... sinkholes have the exact same effect with buildings of going down, like a controlled demolition!

wow, scary,
Forget which city, but there was the story of that house collapse in FL where the guys bedroom had a deep hole open up and they were never able to recover the body it was so deep and unstable.

Saw a special about the sinkholes where they sent a diver into one and tracked him with ground penetrating radar at times 80ft down. Diver went about 1.5 miles through underground waterways and came up in a puny pond at a golf course.

im-359467

It's incredible how it falls down.... sinkholes have the exact same effect with buildings of going down, like a controlled demolition!

wow, scary,
Forget which city, but there was the story of that house collapse in FL where the guys bedroom had a deep hole open up and they were never able to recover the body it was so deep and unstable.

Saw a special about the sinkholes where they sent a diver into one and tracked him with ground penetrating radar at times 80ft down. Diver went about 1.5 miles through underground waterways and came up in a puny pond at a golf course.

It's horrible.

It brings back 9/11 thoughts.

Video showing collapse. I saw a flash.

I think what what looks like a flash is the lights going out. There are some sparks too, from lots of wires shorting out.

[Unrelated additional info]:
There are reports of the underground parking garage flooding and the building shaking prior to the collapse. These are false. They are based upon what resident Barry Cohen reported to the media. His interview but has been mis-paraphrased at various websites. The garage flooding was observed after the collapse. That could be due to broken water pipes and/or ground water intrusion into the garage.

On a structural engineering discussion board, someone noted that garage columns are exposed to salty air, and they are often seen deteriorating in Florida apartment buildings.

Here is a picture of a gaping hole opening up in the ground-level parking deck, exposing the underground parking garage. I hope that is not a crack that I have drawn an arrow pointing out. Sure looks like one, though.

View attachment 505132

God bless the first responders.
Hello, thank you for the image because it show well the contrary that is been said .... I have this from a French site that explains:
The cause of the collapse of this 40-year-old tower was not immediately identified but local authorities reported that work was underway on the roof as well as other repairs.
Champlain Towers South had more than 130 apartments, of which about 80 were occupied. It had undergone various inspections recently, including due to the construction of an adjacent building, Surfside Commissioner Charles Kesl told local television channel WPLG Local 10.
'There were some cracks due to this project - minor cracks - that were simply patched up.
Nothing, as I understand it, would indicate that there was a structural problem that could lead to something as catastrophic,' he said.:mad:

French link : Miami : 100 personnes disparues dans l'effondrement d'un immeuble, la terrible vidéo

Forum List

Back