A multistory residential building partially collapsed in the South Florida

The professional inspector who signed off on the building has yet to be identified. That inspector is no doubt a longstanding member of the local hackorama collecting a paycheck to appease the business model of the corrupt elites that make millions with high rents and low quality safety standards.

This is not Mexico; why don't we know who that is?
Am I the only one asking this question? Those buildings were inspected by professional inspectors that declared them safe. Why are there no investigations for corruption, payoffs, and incompetence? People died here. Why have these people not been identified?

Is this a Florida thing or is it going on all over the country? This guy had a great paying do-nothing government job and protected his retirement with the blood of innocent victims. What is up with this stuff?

In 2018, the inspector said the building needed extensive repairs, or the deterioration would accelerate exponentially. It apparently caused some tension among the condo association, with many resigning in 2019...

Here are links to all relevant documents related to the collapsed tower from the Town of Surfside, for anyone who wishes to go through them...

And more news...

300 residents of North Miami high-rise are EVACUATED after it's revealed engineer warned in JANUARY that it is 'structurally and electrically unsafe' as Miami Dade mayor orders wreckage of doomed Surfside condo demolished​

• Residents of a second building, Crestview Towers, were told to leave immediately after engineers found serious concrete and electrical problems
  • The move was considered urgent due to the approach of Hurricane Isla, which is forecast to hit Florida as early as Monday
  • Building's owners had not yet begun a mandatory safety recertification process required 40 years after it was built
  • Evacuation comes as municipal officials in South Florida and statewide are scrutinizing older high-rises in the wake of last week's collapse
  • Four more bodies were recovered from the rubble left behind by the 12-story Champlain Towers South in nearby Surfside - with 126 people listed as missing
  • Miami-Dade Mayor Daniella Levine Cava has ordered the demolition of the remaining section of the tower over worries that it was dangerously unstable
  • Search and rescue efforts at the scene were halted for much of Thursday after the debris suddenly shifted

It's horrible for all involved, but the death of the children just breaks me up entirely.

I have stayed on Florida beaches many times. But now that I think about it, you wonder how the soil is on all those barrier islands etc....
Had nothing to do with the Florida soil. It was poor maintenance, and the ignoring of the reports until it was to late.

Forum List

Back