A multistory residential building partially collapsed in the South Florida

Maybe, but you can't see inside the building, and it is possible the failure happened lower inside and resulted in the outside upper parts appearing to fall first.

I'm an Engineer, but not a structural one. What I have done in the past is failure analysis.

Maybe, but you can't see inside the building, and it is possible the failure happened lower inside and resulted in the outside upper parts appearing to fall first.

I'm an Engineer, but not a structural one. What I have done in the past is failure analysis.
Yes, it is said that 12 level collapse but is seem a lot more ? CNN don't talk about what's happenning and either the French medias.

Yes, it is said that 12 level collapse but is seem a lot more ? CNN don't talk about what's happenning and either the French medias.

too soon for any structural conclusions.

Florida condo tower collapse: Massive rescue effort underway in Surfside with 1 confirmed death.
This is pretty horrible , i hope the best for the people and pray for them.
We still don't have the cause of the collapse.

The entire back side of the building has collapsed...​

View attachment 504968

Florida condo tower collapse: Massive rescue effort underway in Surfside with 1 confirmed death

I caught this story on the morning news. This kind of thing happens in third world countries. So far only one reported death and there is video of young boy being rescued.

Whoever is responsible for this horror needs be in prison now.

Thank you for the video...it's seem that it start to collapse from the roof ? A explosion ?
I think if you look closely, you will see that the collapse starts near where I have circled below - seems to have the most movement in the beginning. This picture is basically the first two frames of the video...

1624547952827.png

[ martybegan ]

Looks to me like bad design/construction. Too much concrete projecting far out with insufficient support. Too much glass. Probably subject to more moisture and stresses than ever anticipated. Looks like a crazy number of AC units on the roof as though perhaps individual condo unit owners were adding their own. That plus forty year recertification repairs plus shaking from new building going up next door.

Yes, It may still be a story of profit on materials or labor ? and on CNN they are talking about the fact that it had construction on the roof.
Yeah lumber is 100 bucks a sheet

Broward is land of the coward crooked libturds. Most corrupt county in the USA

A libturd has something to do with this absolute
And if it is the friends of lefties we will have only the initials of the terrorists , we have to the same thing going on in France.
This looks like a horrible accident
Yes, a explosion of a gaz furnace ?
How come no one heard an explosion?

I don't know, maybe it's just me but I like to ask real questions when a building collapses in America like Mexico City or Calcutta. The first question that comes to my mind is who are the building inspectors that declared the building structurally sound and how much money has been changing hands over the years?

There are some interesting details in this close-up picture from Miami-Dade Fire Rescue. Check out the surviving columns near the vehicles. Also look at the damaged ground near the base of the columns. Column 42 on the far right of the picture shows a similar ground protrusion....

[Hi-res image]
im-359467

Also, for the record, the building had a parking garage in the demolished section. (Could be relevant if it was a deliberate act)...

tinyurl.com/z238cad8

1624558233088.png

Last edited:
Residents of Miami-Dade County know now which apartment building not to live in. According to the florida governor dersantis, the owners of the building will not be identified as it would limit their ability to profit from future building business. Recenty changed laws in florida by libertarian conservatives will limit any lawsuits and damages to individuals because it would hurt building and healthcare businesses. Furthermore, the governor stated that because the collapse happened in the middle of the night emergency off hours responses by private emergency services (they contracted them out) would billed to the injured or deceased at off-hours rates. Additionally, the governors office stated that if any identifiable remains are found family members have 24 hours to retrieve them.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/miami-beach/article252324218.html

I don't understand how any of these ideas adhere to libertarian policy.

Libertarianism is essentially "be free to do as you wish as long as you do not harm others".

If you harm someone through your actions or negligence, of course you should be held accountable and any court that finds this to be the case will rule against you.

That's a rather wild interpretation of libertarian ideology, but whatever. Also, I read the article and nowhere does it even mention libertarianism.

Forum List

Back