A multistory residential building partially collapsed in the South Florida

The Keyes Company owns the building. Wow, the governor didnt do a very good job of hiding that :lol:
The Keyes Company just filed for bankruptcy and will be protected from liability as it reconstitutes itself into another company.

The Keyes Company owns the building. Wow, the governor didnt do a very good job of hiding that :lol:
The Keyes Company just filed for bankruptcy and will be protected from liability as it reconstitutes itself into another company.
Do you have a link for any of this shit?
Come on dude, under libertarianism we are all just Guinea Pigs. Government is the size of a bath tub and works to prevent intrusion into individual lives by protecting businesses.

Just see the Texas response the freezing temperatures when those libertarian conservatives told you all the above.

Residents of Miami-Dade County know now which apartment building not to live in. According to the florida governor dersantis, the owners of the building will not be identified as it would limit their ability to profit from future building business. Recenty changed laws in florida by libertarian conservatives will limit any lawsuits and damages to individuals because it would hurt building and healthcare businesses. Furthermore, the governor stated that because the collapse happened in the middle of the night emergency off hours responses by private emergency services (they contracted them out) would billed to the injured or deceased at off-hours rates. Additionally, the governors office stated that if any identifiable remains are found family members have 24 hours to retrieve them.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/miami-beach/article252324218.html

I don't know, maybe it's just me but I like to ask real questions when a building collapses in America like Mexico City or Calcutta. The first question that comes to my mind is who are the building inspectors that declared the building structurally sound and how much money has been changing hands over the years?

That only happens in Banana Republics!
Oh, wait,......nevermind.

Last edited:

Maybe, but you can't see inside the building, and it is possible the failure happened lower inside and resulted in the outside upper parts appearing to fall first.

I'm an Engineer, but not a structural one. What I have done in the past is failure analysis.
I read earlier...that the collapse first happened in the garage area----then after that, the other sides went down. So few details, many are missing and it isn't looking good for them.

Maybe, but you can't see inside the building, and it is possible the failure happened lower inside and resulted in the outside upper parts appearing to fall first.

I'm an Engineer, but not a structural one. What I have done in the past is failure analysis.
I read earlier...that the collapse first happened in the garage area----then after that, the other sides went down. So few details, many are missing and it isn't looking good for them.
From some of the photos, it appears that unstable ground beneath the building caused the collapse.

Update on the news just now:
1 confirmed dead; 99 unaccounted for...
Search and Rescue still underway.

Ashes to ashes and dust to dust. Speaking of dust, the vast majority of the concrete that collapsed turned to instant dust! Very few slabs. I find this odd.

Forum List

Back