A Marines perspective of the nude photos of Women Marines

The OP victimizes the victims.

If had him in my unit when I served, I would have made sure he was not eligible for re-up.

The OP possesses no honor, no integrity.
Don't get confused who the victims are. I really doubt that from seeing some of you prior posts that you would be in a position to decide who would be eligible for re-uping.
You are discussing yourself, trainee. You defend military personnel who are victimizing military personnel. No, you would not have lasted long in my unit.
I will defend them and believe me when I tell you I would not shame myself to be in your unit.
Who is "them"? The victimizers or the victims?

The fact is I doubt that there is a victim

Who could not see problems from the Obama Administration pushing the Marine Corps into the training of women and men together? Men are normal when they wish to be with a woman sexually and enjoy looking at them. Women are normal that wish to be with men. These individuals are in good physical shape so you would expect the desire to be even more severe than the fat kids in college or the individuals in every work place in America. If you don't want nude photos of yourself out there don't put them on the internet. I doubt very seriously that anyone sneaked into the women's shower and took the pictures
Lovely. Just lovely.

You are a stupid fuck
Odd response......get out more.

It is an appropriate response...
You are, indeed, a stupid fuck

Women have had expanded roles in the military for over 25 years. That does not justify taking naked pictures of them and posting it on the internet whether it was consensual or not

Try to do something about your stupid fuckiness

Last edited:
Who could not see problems from the Obama Administration pushing the Marine Corps into the training of women and men together? Men are normal when they wish to be with a woman sexually and enjoy looking at them. Women are normal that wish to be with men. These individuals are in good physical shape so you would expect the desire to be even more severe than the fat kids in college or the individuals in every work place in America. If you don't want nude photos of yourself out there don't put them on the internet. I doubt very seriously that anyone sneaked into the women's shower and took the pictures

My favorite part of the OP
Being in shape justifies posting naked pictures of your co-workers

Oh, wow. This is like Muslims saying it's women's fault that men are attracted women and therefore women must cover their heads.

Grow the fuck up. These are supposedly grown men with adult jobs, and they can't take responsibility for their own actions? There are LAWS in place to deal with people who do this sort of thing, so, deal with them and make sure these childish mother fuckers know that the law is there and they must obey it regardless of whether they are Marines or not.

The OP victimizes the victims.

If had him in my unit when I served, I would have made sure he was not eligible for re-up.

The OP possesses no honor, no integrity.
Well he says he is out now and gone back to farming.

So the training and indoctrination may have worn off.

Or it may have been due to and early COG (convenience of the govt) discharge in which case the training never even took hold.

Lots of people claim to be USMC or former USMC but really are not.

Normally whenever a real Marine chimes in they start or end with the sacred hallowed "Semper Fi." I did not see that. Red flag.

Plus I did not read "my brothers" or "my brothers and sisters". Red flag.

One thing I know about the Marines:They take an 18-year old boy and train him and brainwash him into thinking he's a wee bit more skilled than he actually is.

My friend's dad told us about that when I was 13.

I witnessed it when I was 15 and had to beat a drunk Marine down. (I used a weapon) and ran home scared to death.

He picked the fight and was much bigger than me.

You know, I joined the Navy in 1982, and retired in 2002. During that time, women have been a part of the Navy as far as I knew since then. Women were later allowed to serve onboard combat vessels in the mid 90's, and while there are problems on occasion, most of the people in the military are fairly decent and respectful, but some of them aren't. It's those few bad apples that make the rest of us look bad.

Now, as far as I know, from what I've heard about this story, MOST of the pictures that were posted were pics that women had sent to their boyfriends for personal use. They didn't expect for them to end up on the internet, but sometimes guys get stupid and want to show off the woman they are dating, which is where most of these pics came from. Those pics, I have no problem with, because even though they were thinking they would be kept private, were taken willingly.

The pics I have a problem with is the ones that were taken of active duty personnel without their knowledge. Another problem that I have is that in a lot of cases the name, rank and duty station of the women were posted along with their pictures. That is directly against good order and discipline, because their future as well as current duty stations wouldn't be able to treat her like another Marine, because they would always be picturing them naked.

But, if anyone has seen the movie "Jarhead", they would have seen the "wall of shame" of girlfriends that had dumped the marines that were deployed. Some were naked. Quick question for the Marines, because I've never seen anything like that in the Navy, do you have a real wall of shame you put up while on deployment?

You know, I joined the Navy in 1982, and retired in 2002. During that time, women have been a part of the Navy as far as I knew since then. Women were later allowed to serve onboard combat vessels in the mid 90's, and while there are problems on occasion, most of the people in the military are fairly decent and respectful, but some of them aren't. It's those few bad apples that make the rest of us look bad.

Now, as far as I know, from what I've heard about this story, MOST of the pictures that were posted were pics that women had sent to their boyfriends for personal use. They didn't expect for them to end up on the internet, but sometimes guys get stupid and want to show off the woman they are dating, which is where most of these pics came from. Those pics, I have no problem with, because even though they were thinking they would be kept private, were taken willingly.

The pics I have a problem with is the ones that were taken of active duty personnel without their knowledge. Another problem that I have is that in a lot of cases the name, rank and duty station of the women were posted along with their pictures. That is directly against good order and discipline, because their future as well as current duty stations wouldn't be able to treat her like another Marine, because they would always be picturing them naked.

But, if anyone has seen the movie "Jarhead", they would have seen the "wall of shame" of girlfriends that had dumped the marines that were deployed. Some were naked. Quick question for the Marines, because I've never seen anything like that in the Navy, do you have a real wall of shame you put up while on deployment?
Even if your girlfriend sends you a naked picture for your use, you have no right to post it on the Internet
Others were pictures taken while they were showering, sleeping or drunk

In any case, they should be prosecuted

I never heard of any such thing; however, I served over fifty years ago and things were a lot different back then. It seems to me that women had more self-respect and in turn were treated with more respect than they are today. However, even in an age of declining morals taking naked pictures of unsuspecting females is indefensible and criminal. Circulating these pictures is unconscionable. To me, it's just as bad to take a picture that has been entrusted to you and posting it for anyone to see. I wouldn't do it and will not excuse anyone who did.

The Marines have two mottoes, Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) and Death Before Dishonor. Sadly, a few Marines have abandoned this commitment to loyalty and honor; however, I still have faith that the overwhelming majority of Marines continue to serve with distinction and pride.

To every man and woman who ever served in the Marines or wanted to, Semper Fi.

The Professor: Former radio-telegraph operator and member of Second ANGLICO (Air and Naval Gunfire Liaison Company), Camp Lejeune, NC.

Having experienced Parris Island Boot Camp I can't imagine how today's Marine recruits can possibly be trained with or along side of humans who will never have significant upper body strength and who experience the physical and mental effects of monthly hormonal changes.

Having experienced Parris Island Boot Camp I can't imagine how today's Marine recruits can possibly be trained with or along side of humans who will never have significant upper body strength and who experience the physical and mental effects of monthly hormonal changes.
Having experienced Quantico, I can say that my d!ck would probably love it.

I think their kazonga's would make up for the lack in upper body strength.

But I remember the Corporal Of Marines who marched us from the tarmac to the medical dispensary, who warned us, "Stay away from those WM's -- they all have the clap."

:D

Uncle Ferd been huntin' it onna interweb, but he can't find it...
icon_redface.gif

Scandal that rocked Marine Corps now expands, four branches of military investigating similar claims
Saturday 11th March, 2017 - Merely days after the U.S. Defense Department said it was investigating a report that some Marines shared naked photographs of female Marines, veterans and other women on a secret Facebook page called "Marines United" - four more branches are said to be probing similar claims.
According to reports, U.S. servicemen from all parts of the military have allegedly been sharing nude photos of their female colleagues. Previous reports revealed that some of the images were taken without the consent and knowledge of the women. The particular Facebook page had a 30,000 membership of active-duty and retired male Marines, Navy Corpsman and British Royal Marines. Besides the objectionable photographs, the page had several obscene comments on the women. A Pentagon official on Thursday was quoted in a CNN report as confirming that four branches of the military were looking into the posting of nude photos of what appear to be female service members on various websites.

The official however said that so far, there is no Defense Department-wide investigation. A Business Insider report had previously claimed that said the scandal related to “lewd photos being posted by a group of Marines and former Marines, goes beyond the Corps and some private Facebook groups like Marines United.” Then, a BBC report stated that there were message boards where servicemen from other branches had shared hundreds of photos. The report further noted that a message board on anonymous image hosting website Anon-IB was used by male service members to share nude images of their female counterparts. Explaining the modus operandi, the report said that they first posted clothed photos of female personnel taken from their social media pages, and ask if any members have nude photos. The nude photos were called"wins" and featured lewd comments.

cus1489154952.jpg

Sometimes, these posts even provided names and other details of women along with where they are stationed. The message boards, reports noted indicate that such practices extend throughout the military. Responding the reports, the Pentagon said in a statement that such behaviour was "inconsistent" with its values. When the scandal broke, Marine Corps top commander Gen. Robert B. Neller did not comment directly on the report, but said, "For anyone to target one of our Marines, online or otherwise, in an inappropriate manner, is distasteful and shows an absence of respect." He also said, “When I hear allegations of marines denigrating their fellow marines, I don't think such behaviour is that of true warriors or war fighters.”

The Facebook page was first discovered by The War Horse, a non-profit news organization managed by Marine veteran Thomas Brennan, and the investigation was first reported on Saturday by the Center for Investigative Reporting. One of the women whose photos were posted - Marine Lance Cpl. Marisa Woytek told The Post that photos were taken from her Instagram account and posted to Marines United multiple times in the past six months, without her consent. “Even if I could, I’m never re-enlisting,” Woytek said. “Being sexually harassed online ruined the Marine Corps for me, and the experience.” Marine Corps spokesman Capt. Ryan E. Alvis said, commenting on the report, said, "We are thankful that Thomas Brennan, a Marine veteran, notified the Marine Corps and NCIS about what he witnessed on the ‘Marines United' page." "It allowed us to take immediate action to have the explicit photos taken down and to prepare to support potential victims."

MORE

I am a retired Marine and I personally hope every person that is a Marine that posted photos to any site of naked female marines gets a prison term.
How did they get the photos in the first place Gunny ??
It seems most of them were boyfriends or lovers. Some maybe from hidden cameras but the story I read was that an x boyfriend was the problem.

Dat's what Uncle Ferd tells his womens...
thumbsup.gif

Top Marine Asks Women to 'Trust Us' in Nude Photo Inquiry
11 Mar 2017 | Nude photos of women Marines and other women were shared on the Facebook page, "Marines United."
Fewer than 10 women victims have come forward so far in the investigation into nude photos of female service members that were posted online without their permission, the top Marine Corps general said Friday. He pleaded with female Marines to "trust us" and reach out to make complaints or seek help. "I need their help," said Gen. Robert Neller, the Marine commandant. "I'm going to ask them to trust us. I understand why that might be a bit of a reach for them right now. But I can't fix this.... The only way there is going to be accountability in this is somebody comes forward and tells us what happened to them." Former and current female Marines have said their photographs and those of women in other services were shared on social media without their consent. The other military services say that they are now looking into the matter to see if their service members are involved, but they say so far no other victims have come forward.

Nude photographs of female Marines and other women were shared on the Facebook page "Marines United," and the accompanying posts included obscene and threatening comments. The Naval Criminal Investigative Service launched an investigation into the matter and is urging victims of the photo-sharing to come forward. NCIS says it has received numerous tips. Speaking to Pentagon reporters, Neller expressed frustration and disgust at the nude-photo sharing. He acknowledged there are a lot of unanswered questions about what happened, how many people or Marines were involved, and what some of the legal parameters will be for punishing service members who posted or shared the photos or who made threatening comments about them.

top-marine-says-nude-photo-probe-must-be-done-carefully-11-mar.jpeg

Marine Corps Commandant Gen. Robert Neller held a March 10 news conference at the Pentagon to discuss the nude photo inquiry.​

He said the controversy has an effect on the entire Marine Corps and the investigation must be done carefully. "We don't want to be in a hurry. We want to make sure we're thorough and we're within the law," Neller told a Pentagon news conference. "This affects our entire organization," the general said, noting that men and women Marines have been serving side-by-side at war for 15 years, many losing their lives. The photo-sharing underscores longer-standing issues surrounding women in the Marine Corps. In 2015, the Marine Corps was the only military service to ask that women be excluded from competing for certain frontline combat jobs. Then-Defense Secretary Ash Carter rejected the request, and women are now allowed to seek combat jobs in all the military services.

But there still may be a sense that women aren't accepted by some members of the Corps. "So what do you gotta do to get in?" said Neller, staring into the line of cameras in the back of the room. "I mean, c'mon guys. They just want to do their job. Let them do their job. And you do yours." Neller has created a task force to look at the scope of the problem and any underlying issues, and to develop plans for any corrective actions, policy changes or additional training that may be needed. Separately, officials said Defense Secretary Jim Mattis will meet with military and civilian officials in coming days about the reports.

MORE

Dat's what Uncle Ferd tells his womens...
thumbsup.gif

Top Marine Asks Women to 'Trust Us' in Nude Photo Inquiry
11 Mar 2017 | Nude photos of women Marines and other women were shared on the Facebook page, "Marines United."
Fewer than 10 women victims have come forward so far in the investigation into nude photos of female service members that were posted online without their permission, the top Marine Corps general said Friday. He pleaded with female Marines to "trust us" and reach out to make complaints or seek help. "I need their help," said Gen. Robert Neller, the Marine commandant. "I'm going to ask them to trust us. I understand why that might be a bit of a reach for them right now. But I can't fix this.... The only way there is going to be accountability in this is somebody comes forward and tells us what happened to them." Former and current female Marines have said their photographs and those of women in other services were shared on social media without their consent. The other military services say that they are now looking into the matter to see if their service members are involved, but they say so far no other victims have come forward.

Nude photographs of female Marines and other women were shared on the Facebook page "Marines United," and the accompanying posts included obscene and threatening comments. The Naval Criminal Investigative Service launched an investigation into the matter and is urging victims of the photo-sharing to come forward. NCIS says it has received numerous tips. Speaking to Pentagon reporters, Neller expressed frustration and disgust at the nude-photo sharing. He acknowledged there are a lot of unanswered questions about what happened, how many people or Marines were involved, and what some of the legal parameters will be for punishing service members who posted or shared the photos or who made threatening comments about them.

top-marine-says-nude-photo-probe-must-be-done-carefully-11-mar.jpeg

Marine Corps Commandant Gen. Robert Neller held a March 10 news conference at the Pentagon to discuss the nude photo inquiry.​

He said the controversy has an effect on the entire Marine Corps and the investigation must be done carefully. "We don't want to be in a hurry. We want to make sure we're thorough and we're within the law," Neller told a Pentagon news conference. "This affects our entire organization," the general said, noting that men and women Marines have been serving side-by-side at war for 15 years, many losing their lives. The photo-sharing underscores longer-standing issues surrounding women in the Marine Corps. In 2015, the Marine Corps was the only military service to ask that women be excluded from competing for certain frontline combat jobs. Then-Defense Secretary Ash Carter rejected the request, and women are now allowed to seek combat jobs in all the military services.

But there still may be a sense that women aren't accepted by some members of the Corps. "So what do you gotta do to get in?" said Neller, staring into the line of cameras in the back of the room. "I mean, c'mon guys. They just want to do their job. Let them do their job. And you do yours." Neller has created a task force to look at the scope of the problem and any underlying issues, and to develop plans for any corrective actions, policy changes or additional training that may be needed. Separately, officials said Defense Secretary Jim Mattis will meet with military and civilian officials in coming days about the reports.

MORE
The old web page (which I think was a Facebook page) got shut down by Zuckerberg.

But the USMC perps had a cache of nudie photos which they then downloaded onto another Facebook page as "version 2.0".

These frat boyz are bound to show off the WM body parts.

There is no stopping them.

I think it is due to clit envy. They don't want clits in their beloved corps.

The old school generals are besides themselves to try to understand this modern millennial phenomenon.

What's wrong with clits in the USMC?

Even an ugly babe is better than no babe at all !!!

I am a retired Marine and I personally hope every person that is a Marine that posted photos to any site of naked female marines gets a prison term.
How did they get the photos in the first place Gunny ??
It seems most of them were boyfriends or lovers. Some maybe from hidden cameras but the story I read was that an x boyfriend was the problem.
Well when I was in The Core (no pun intended) we always had a hog board where people could put their nudie photos of jilted lovers -- Dear John letter senders etc.

The only thing new is that now the millennials have created an online version of this.

I remember one guy who had a photo of his skinny blonde Philadelphia babe butt naked sitting on the crapper.

So what is the big deal?

The technology? Is that the big deal?

Semper Fi. Do or die. Urah urah Marine Corps!

Uncle Ferd been huntin' it onna interweb, but he can't find it...
icon_redface.gif

Scandal that rocked Marine Corps now expands, four branches of military investigating similar claims
Saturday 11th March, 2017 - Merely days after the U.S. Defense Department said it was investigating a report that some Marines shared naked photographs of female Marines, veterans and other women on a secret Facebook page called "Marines United" - four more branches are said to be probing similar claims.
According to reports, U.S. servicemen from all parts of the military have allegedly been sharing nude photos of their female colleagues. Previous reports revealed that some of the images were taken without the consent and knowledge of the women. The particular Facebook page had a 30,000 membership of active-duty and retired male Marines, Navy Corpsman and British Royal Marines. Besides the objectionable photographs, the page had several obscene comments on the women. A Pentagon official on Thursday was quoted in a CNN report as confirming that four branches of the military were looking into the posting of nude photos of what appear to be female service members on various websites.

The official however said that so far, there is no Defense Department-wide investigation. A Business Insider report had previously claimed that said the scandal related to “lewd photos being posted by a group of Marines and former Marines, goes beyond the Corps and some private Facebook groups like Marines United.” Then, a BBC report stated that there were message boards where servicemen from other branches had shared hundreds of photos. The report further noted that a message board on anonymous image hosting website Anon-IB was used by male service members to share nude images of their female counterparts. Explaining the modus operandi, the report said that they first posted clothed photos of female personnel taken from their social media pages, and ask if any members have nude photos. The nude photos were called"wins" and featured lewd comments.

cus1489154952.jpg

Sometimes, these posts even provided names and other details of women along with where they are stationed. The message boards, reports noted indicate that such practices extend throughout the military. Responding the reports, the Pentagon said in a statement that such behaviour was "inconsistent" with its values. When the scandal broke, Marine Corps top commander Gen. Robert B. Neller did not comment directly on the report, but said, "For anyone to target one of our Marines, online or otherwise, in an inappropriate manner, is distasteful and shows an absence of respect." He also said, “When I hear allegations of marines denigrating their fellow marines, I don't think such behaviour is that of true warriors or war fighters.”

The Facebook page was first discovered by The War Horse, a non-profit news organization managed by Marine veteran Thomas Brennan, and the investigation was first reported on Saturday by the Center for Investigative Reporting. One of the women whose photos were posted - Marine Lance Cpl. Marisa Woytek told The Post that photos were taken from her Instagram account and posted to Marines United multiple times in the past six months, without her consent. “Even if I could, I’m never re-enlisting,” Woytek said. “Being sexually harassed online ruined the Marine Corps for me, and the experience.” Marine Corps spokesman Capt. Ryan E. Alvis said, commenting on the report, said, "We are thankful that Thomas Brennan, a Marine veteran, notified the Marine Corps and NCIS about what he witnessed on the ‘Marines United' page." "It allowed us to take immediate action to have the explicit photos taken down and to prepare to support potential victims."

MORE
Yah I could not find it either, and I am a pretty good hacker these days.

Forum List

Back