A Man Spit On My Toddler And Called Her The N-Word.

It is well described to be a racist country - right???
People from other countries typically don't deal with it until it smacks them in the face. I know you are not that bright but while she can probably pass for being Black her idea of "Black" is probably shaped by what she has been told. Even some Africans don't think they are Black until they realize its not just an African American thing. Its a melanin enriched thing which frightens white racists.

It's not exactly true. There was a time as we all know when there were large groups and masses of white people who wore white sheets and chased blacks through the streets
But it is also true that popular culture and the evolution of society encourages more docile white people and celebrates more in your face behavior from other "races"
Still, I've seen plenty of aggressive white people inside of certain demographics. As for the Woman here... i just noticed at the end of the article that she is an author... I sort of suspected that actually as i continued reading.
I think it would be much more believable coming from a regular person. So now I have to wonder if she is just an AOC type who believes in moral truth being just as valid as factual truth.
How many decades ago YARD? 60 years ago...its a completely different generation. And I hate to break the bad little bubble that you have but even then attacking a small child (you know besides the sexual assaulting teenagers and murderers) such as a 2 year even then would result in whites rebelling against the ones psychopathic enough to do it. Nowadays, you couldn't get that many random whites together to attack any blacks including rapists and murders much less go after a 2 year old. Sorry didn't happen. Not consistent with current culture. Sorry it is bs, the one claiming it always lies about such incident as he/it tries to pimp race wars. You all know this to be true.

Last edited:
And I really doubt MOST people would.
So you think a race of people that often would cut the unborn child from the womb of a mother (as their own children watched) they just hung would come to the defense of a woman they thought was the same race? Are you seriously telling me its beyond you to believe that?

It was at a local barbecue joint in downtown Lexington, Kentucky, when a tall man approached the table where I was sitting with my two daughters, 4 and 2. He lingered there long enough, just looking at us, that I’d begun to hatch an escape plan. I’d already broken into a full-blown sweat before I even realized what he’d just done: spit on my 2-year-old, his saliva landing on her thigh. He then walked away, muttering the N-word under his breath, oblivious to the inaccuracy of the insult.
I was born and raised in Malaysia. I am biracial, of Malay and Indian descent. I came to the United States after falling in love and marrying my blond, blue-eyed American husband. Though I am brown and my husband white, my children, born here in America ― true blue Americans ― are neither. They have an indiscernible olive skin tone, but they are not white.

My neighbors and community voiced their silent agreement, condoning such a vile act when they offered no defense, no comfort, not even acknowledgment that it happened.

The entire restaurant, all white diners from what I could see around me, had watched the incident, avoided eye contact with me, and carried on with their lunches, glancing at us from time to time, confirming what I knew to be true already: We were the others.

I’m also treated very differently when I’m with my white husband than when I’m on my own. People have yelled at me, “Go back where you came from.” Retail assistants have followed me around stores, saying, “There is nothing here for you.” A woman at a makeup counter once denied me service, glancing past me at the white woman behind me in line, telling her she was ready, as if I were invisible. But the glob of spit that hit my daughter that day was a whole new low. I could hold it in and tolerate my pain when the aggressions were directed toward me, but it burned me in a way I hadn’t felt before to see my children subject to such indignity.

What can you say?

How do you think a person should react to something like this being done to their child?
You need to use quotation marks if you are quoting something.

She made no implication the rest of the restaurant was complicit in the incident. Not sure how you got that from her story unless you're just feeling defensive. She was pointing out how they made her feel like an outsider due to their lack of action and their non verbal cues. You know how you can walk into a room and no one has to say a word and you can tell something is wrong? How do you know that? Its the non verbal cues.
There are more cues that the story is pure fiction. Who is Huffpo's biggest audience? Woke liberal white women. That is the intended audience, which is why she goes on about how she is more like them than she is like you. You see only racism and miss everything else.

It was at a local barbecue joint in downtown Lexington, Kentucky, when a tall man approached the table where I was sitting with my two daughters, 4 and 2. He lingered there long enough, just looking at us, that I’d begun to hatch an escape plan. I’d already broken into a full-blown sweat before I even realized what he’d just done: spit on my 2-year-old, his saliva landing on her thigh. He then walked away, muttering the N-word under his breath, oblivious to the inaccuracy of the insult.
I was born and raised in Malaysia. I am biracial, of Malay and Indian descent. I came to the United States after falling in love and marrying my blond, blue-eyed American husband. Though I am brown and my husband white, my children, born here in America ― true blue Americans ― are neither. They have an indiscernible olive skin tone, but they are not white.

My neighbors and community voiced their silent agreement, condoning such a vile act when they offered no defense, no comfort, not even acknowledgment that it happened.

The entire restaurant, all white diners from what I could see around me, had watched the incident, avoided eye contact with me, and carried on with their lunches, glancing at us from time to time, confirming what I knew to be true already: We were the others.

I’m also treated very differently when I’m with my white husband than when I’m on my own. People have yelled at me, “Go back where you came from.” Retail assistants have followed me around stores, saying, “There is nothing here for you.” A woman at a makeup counter once denied me service, glancing past me at the white woman behind me in line, telling her she was ready, as if I were invisible. But the glob of spit that hit my daughter that day was a whole new low. I could hold it in and tolerate my pain when the aggressions were directed toward me, but it burned me in a way I hadn’t felt before to see my children subject to such indignity.

What can you say?

How do you think a person should react to something like this being done to their child?
did you condemn the black flies matter criminals? no you didn't....
karma is a bitch---isn't it

So you think a race of people that often would cut the unborn child from the womb of a mother (as their own children watched) they just hung would come to the defense of a woman they thought was the same race? Are you seriously telling me its beyond you to believe that?
A race of people who would cut an unborn child from a womb? Wth are you babbling about?

Concealed weapons permit. Browning hi-power.
Cap the motherfucker. It's the American way. He obviously was maskless and attacked your child with a potentially deadly weapon. Covid Mu variety !

What can you say?
That's really sad to hear. I'm sorry this happened to you. People can really suck sometimes.
Kick the living shit out of him - or find someone to do it for you. Call the police. Spitting on someone is assault. You could own someone like that.

Concealed weapons permit. Browning hi-power.
Cap the motherfucker. It's the American way. He obviously was maskless and attacked your child with a potentially deadly weapon. Covid Mu variety !
Something tells me that Superbro----couldn't legally own a weapon.

Anyone like this has probably received multiple arse-kickings in his life, or worse. That won't change their behavior.
Which means that only one thing will make the needed difference, either a killing or a good tongue slashing. I would've gotten right up in the person's face and said, "You do that again in my presence and that tongue of yours will be in the toilet!"

God bless you and the toddler always!!!

Holly

What can you say?

call the police…that is an assault.

Honey, I really don't care if I am called a racist by race pimps like you anymore.
I imagine it happens to you more than the average bear, if your behavior is any indication. Personally, I don't know if you are racist. Are ya?
I judge people by the exact same standards

Okay, tell the others. I assume you are not saying you would have spit on the baby no matter what color it was :D

The author herself, admits she has bi-polar disorder. Perhaps. . . perhaps she was desperate for a piece to get published?

Now, this incident, of course, probably occurred. But? We may not know if there was some other factors that may or may not have precipitated it, or if her perception of the incident is exaggerated, or if she indeed, may have perceived details, or things about it, that did not actually occur.

What if she is highly intelligent? What if she was struggling to get published?

This certainly would do it, wouldn't it?

We all know what the media is looking for. . .

This looks to be her first published piece. Perhaps she needs some street cred. before her book comes out?

"Amelia Zachry (she/her) is the author of Enough, a memoir-in-progress encompassing themes of family, immigration, mental illness, and surviving sexual assault. When she’s not writing, she can be found enjoying time with her two rambunctious daughters.Originally from Malaysia, Amelia now calls Lexington, Kentucky, home, and she can be found on ameliazachry.com and on Facebook and Instagram at @browngirlcrazyworld."

I imagine it happens to you more than the average bear, if your behavior is any indication. Personally, I don't know if you are racist. Are ya?

Okay, tell the others. I assume you are not saying you would have spit on the baby no matter what color it was :D

I apologize to flies as I swat them with a flyswatter.............

Forum List

Back