A Man Spit On My Toddler And Called Her The N-Word.

Then they arent really getting their asses kicked. One fact I know is if you deal with a problem correctly the first time people like that wont attempt it again.

I wish that were true, but it's not. These people grew up getting their arse kicked (and worse). They are in an out of the prison and hospital system and nothing short of putting them permanently in a wheelchair will stop them ... and not even that, as most public places tend to have ramps these days.

This is attention seeking behavior on their part and they literally cannot distinguish between positive and negative attention. The will settle for any attention ... even that which comes with severe pain.

It was at a local barbecue joint in downtown Lexington, Kentucky, when a tall man approached the table where I was sitting with my two daughters, 4 and 2. He lingered there long enough, just looking at us, that I’d begun to hatch an escape plan. I’d already broken into a full-blown sweat before I even realized what he’d just done: spit on my 2-year-old, his saliva landing on her thigh. He then walked away, muttering the N-word under his breath, oblivious to the inaccuracy of the insult.
I was born and raised in Malaysia. I am biracial, of Malay and Indian descent. I came to the United States after falling in love and marrying my blond, blue-eyed American husband. Though I am brown and my husband white, my children, born here in America ― true blue Americans ― are neither. They have an indiscernible olive skin tone, but they are not white.

My neighbors and community voiced their silent agreement, condoning such a vile act when they offered no defense, no comfort, not even acknowledgment that it happened.

The entire restaurant, all white diners from what I could see around me, had watched the incident, avoided eye contact with me, and carried on with their lunches, glancing at us from time to time, confirming what I knew to be true already: We were the others.

I’m also treated very differently when I’m with my white husband than when I’m on my own. People have yelled at me, “Go back where you came from.” Retail assistants have followed me around stores, saying, “There is nothing here for you.” A woman at a makeup counter once denied me service, glancing past me at the white woman behind me in line, telling her she was ready, as if I were invisible. But the glob of spit that hit my daughter that day was a whole new low. I could hold it in and tolerate my pain when the aggressions were directed toward me, but it burned me in a way I hadn’t felt before to see my children subject to such indignity.

What can you say?

How do you think a person should react to something like this being done to their child?

If this story is true.... damn. SO sorry. Had I seen a man spit on a child and call the kid the N-word I would have stopped him and made him apologize. No mother should have her kids attacked like that.. and those are sweet innocent children.

Only thing here is there are details about your story that lead me to believe your just throwing out a hypothetical instead of a real story.

He muttered under his breath... yet the whole restaurant heard him use the N-word? The whole restaurant was watching? this is highly unlikely. Most people are usually talking or looking at each other.. at the table or actually eating. They looked at you from time to time? most people just look around at other people when they are in a restaurant... as do you. How you would know what they were all thinking and how you would know they were all watching the incident, I have no idea as you would have been more focused on the man or your kids, than what everyone else in the room was doing. I'm sorry... this may have really happened, but the way in which you presented the story makes me have my doubts.

Youre assuming there is a mental problem as in they were crazy. This is typical behavior of racists. Again note this was done safely in the presence of a female. They werent crazy enough to do it while a male was there. Dont make up excuses for behavior that was applauded not to long ago.
You must not have lived in blue cities then. Because things like that happen with Black on White quite often in all different ways.

It was at a local barbecue joint in downtown Lexington, Kentucky, when a tall man approached the table where I was sitting with my two daughters, 4 and 2. He lingered there long enough, just looking at us, that I’d begun to hatch an escape plan. I’d already broken into a full-blown sweat before I even realized what he’d just done: spit on my 2-year-old, his saliva landing on her thigh. He then walked away, muttering the N-word under his breath, oblivious to the inaccuracy of the insult.
I was born and raised in Malaysia. I am biracial, of Malay and Indian descent. I came to the United States after falling in love and marrying my blond, blue-eyed American husband. Though I am brown and my husband white, my children, born here in America ― true blue Americans ― are neither. They have an indiscernible olive skin tone, but they are not white.

My neighbors and community voiced their silent agreement, condoning such a vile act when they offered no defense, no comfort, not even acknowledgment that it happened.

The entire restaurant, all white diners from what I could see around me, had watched the incident, avoided eye contact with me, and carried on with their lunches, glancing at us from time to time, confirming what I knew to be true already: We were the others.

I’m also treated very differently when I’m with my white husband than when I’m on my own. People have yelled at me, “Go back where you came from.” Retail assistants have followed me around stores, saying, “There is nothing here for you.” A woman at a makeup counter once denied me service, glancing past me at the white woman behind me in line, telling her she was ready, as if I were invisible. But the glob of spit that hit my daughter that day was a whole new low. I could hold it in and tolerate my pain when the aggressions were directed toward me, but it burned me in a way I hadn’t felt before to see my children subject to such indignity.

What can you say?

How do you think a person should react to something like this being done to their child?
Bullshit….

What can you say?

What I can say, is he may be a lot of things. A man isn't one of them.

What can you say?

Very difficult to believe that she has endured that much prejudice, and did not know to stay out of that restaurant. Otherwise, it is difficult to believe that she was ignored so obviously. Very difficult to believe.

Very well written, hard to imagine a foreign woman writing so well. I read plenty of entries here, and except for mine, nobody writes so well.

She sounded just as insulted at being considered black as anything else.
Sure she did you retarded inbred. She was so insulted she took them to a BLM march.

"Two years after the barbecue joint incident, I took my children, then 6 and 4, to a Black Lives Matter march downtown. My oldest made a placard that read “Lean On Me” to show her support for the mistreatment of her fellow Americans. My youngest carried one that said “Black Lives Matter” filled in with the names of many of the Black people who’d been unjustly killed. Even at their young ages, they understood these injustices, had grown up enough to know that we lived in a country that needed to be held accountable for what was happening all around us. We found a street corner at a stoplight and joined the four other people who stood with their own placards. My oldest leaned into me and asked, “Mommy can I say something out loud?”"

Last edited:
Sure she did you retarded inbred. She was so insulted she took them to a BLM march.

"Two years after the barbecue joint incident, I took my children, then 6 and 4, to a Black Lives Matter march downtown. My oldest made a placard that read “Lean On Me” to show her support for the mistreatment of her fellow Americans. My youngest carried one that said “Black Lives Matter” filled in with the names of many of the Black people who’d been unjustly killed. Even at their young ages, they understood these injustices, had grown up enough to know that we lived in a country that needed to be held accountable for what was happening all around us. We found a street corner at a stoplight and joined the four other people who stood with their own placards. My oldest leaned into me and asked, “Mommy can I say something out loud?”"
Yet she felt the need to clarify just how not black she is, more than once.

Most foreign people know your language better than you do. That was a highly ignorant statement from a known POS racist.
No way. You're writing up the obvious platitude to criticize my briliiance. Very few foreigners can string together more than one sentence. It's absurd to believe otherwise - you do not understand population ratios of intelligence, at all.

Forum List

Back