A Man Spit On My Toddler And Called Her The N-Word.

There were witnesses and the spitter has been charged. The man is a trifling coward to spit on a child.

Terrence J. Skeen has been charged with one count of battery, a single count of disorderly conduct, and a single count of assault in Overland Park Municipal Court, stemming from an incident where he spit on a Black child at Hooters.

2018, and still no word what happened in the case. Was the case tossed? Were the witnesses lying?

Racism is becoming worse in America as Trumpers take out their frustrations over Trump being sidelined.
You don't think all those riots were blacks were burning down cities, attacking drivers, raping people etc would create people who would hate all blacks after watching the carnage?

You don't think all those riots were blacks were burning down cities, attacking drivers, raping people etc would create people who would hate all blacks after watching the carnage?
They did it because they had learned to hate whites, due to whites never allowing blacks to be equal citizens.
Now it's America's huge racism problem that has no solution.

Yea because he thought the child was BLACK.
If someone spits or otherwise assaults my child because of their race, the core issue with me is going to be the assault itself. If the person calls my child a racial slur without physical harm, it’s not a crime.

She wouldnt be in jail for defending her children.
Perhaps if she got the right jury she might go free.

Fire up Google. Type in your state followed by “legal use of deadly force” and read what comes up.

Perhaps if she got the right jury she might go free.

Fire up Google. Type in your state followed by “legal use of deadly force” and read what comes up.

"Yes, in California a person can use deadly force or violence against another person (“justifiable homicide”) to protect themselves or others from harm. This is known as an affirmative defense to murder charges, voluntary manslaughter charges, or charges for violent crimes."

Unfortunately for me, I'm the person that gets called when this sort of stuff happens. They aren't always racial in nature (at least they don't begin that way) but there typically is a racial vilification component.

In fact, I've seen so many that I can categorize them.

1. The most frequent are done by mentally ill people (typically homeless or in non-compulsory care) who frequently harass people in public. You can't really arrest a mentally ill person for this. All you can do is break it up and move them on. Charging them with a crime is a pointless gesture because they won't show up for court or pay any fines. If you can reasonably suspect them to be a physical danger to others, you can forcibly take them to hospital, where you will wait with them for hours before they are seen by a psych assessor, then immediately released. While they are waiting, the hospital will feed them and give them a comfortable place to get out of the cold or heat.

2. Drunks and the drug affected. Less common than mentally ill. These guys you can arrest and place in jail until they are sober. When they do sober up, they will find a huge fine and typically a summons to court for other charges as well.

3. Groups of young people (typically boys but also girls) of any ethnicity who feel emboldened enough by their superior numbers to pick on or taunt or assault a convenient target. Typically, by the time police arrive, the cowards have all fled leaving little in the way of evidence and little to help identify them. When you can identify them and if you managedto get them into court, judges usually go hard on them.

4. One on one racial attacks ... these are (in my experience) the most rare and typically didn't start out as a racial vilification, but are a by-product of another incident.
At least you were finally honest and admitted that racial attacks are rare.

At least you were finally honest and admitted that racial attacks are rare.

Statistically rare. But, I've been to several and I'm only one LEO in a brotherhood of nearly a million sworn officers. There are 350 million Americans, even statistically rare events can be pretty common numerically.

But, nothing is rare if it happens to you.

Forum List

Back