A good summation…

Of course it has. Follow the money.

Just think, if pot were not illegal it would not need to come across the border, people could just grow their own.

When booze was illegal the mob gained power and money by providing it. We are doing the same thing now with pot

Just think, if pot were not illegal it would not need to come across the border, people could just grow their own.

When booze was illegal the mob gained power and money by providing it. We are doing the same thing now with pot
But it is illegal, and most users wouldn't grow their own if it were. So the illegal trade would continue, with all the violence and corruption. Also, you must consider the "gateway" to stronger drugs aspect of pot use.

But it is illegal, and most users wouldn't grow their own if it were. So the illegal trade would continue, with all the violence and corruption

That did not happen with booze, why would it happen with pot?

Also, you must consider the "gateway" to stronger drugs aspect of pot use.

Why would I consider a bullshit myth? You might as well be talking about the Easter bunny

It does happen with booze; moonshine.
Why would I consider a bullshit myth? You might as well be talking about the Easter bunny
Not a myth.

My house would tell you otherwise. It was built to hide moonshine that they made in what used to be the woods behind my home. If I remove the lowest drawer in my kitchen, there is a space there nobody could have ever detected. It's about 4 feet wide four feet deep and 10 feet long. People who have never been here before are amazed how it was built.

It's been a long time since I messed with pot, but in my younger days I did smoke home grown once in a while. It's like lite beer. Not nearly as tasty or nearly as strong. People used to get busted here trying to grow their own, but the electric company alerted authorities when somebody was using a ridiculous amount of electricity.

My house would tell you otherwise. It was built to hide moonshine that they made in what used to be the woods behind my home. If I remove the lowest drawer in my kitchen, there is a space there nobody could have ever detected. It's about 4 feet wide four feet deep and 10 feet long. People who have never been here before are amazed how it was built.
When I was in high school back in the 1950's I knew a man who used to transport illegally made booze during Prohibition. He would collect it from small towns and farms in southeast Wisconsin and truck it to Chicago. This trade continued even after the repeal of Prohibition.

When I was in high school back in the 1950's I knew a man who used to transport illegally made booze. He would collect it from small towns and farms in southeast Wisconsin and truck it to Chicago. This was in the 1930's, long after Prohibition.

Even after prohibition they still made the stuff. I was in a lunch room at a stop waiting to get unloaded. Another driver there told me a story how he was robbed while sleeping in his cab. He called the police the next morning and asked the officer taking the report WTF would somebody take the chance of getting busted stealing 50 lbs bags of sugar out of his trailer? The officer told him it's not that rare. People use the sugar for moonshine and they can't buy huge quantities from the store because they would contact authorities. The driver said "I wish I would have woke up to catch these guys!" The officer told him it's a good thing he didn't or it's likely he would have never woke up at all. He said in those parts, moonshine was a huge and serious business, just as large and just as organized as drug dealers.

It does happen with booze; moonshine.

Is moonshine a big business? Do criminal elements still control all booze sold in the US?

Not a myth.

Yes it is a myth.

From your own link....you really should read things before posting them.

According to a 2020 report published by the National Institute on Drug Abuse, marijuana (as well as alcohol and nicotine) can have a gateway effect on some people, but does not act as a stepping stone to harder drug use for the vast majority of marijuana users—including regular users.

And it is no longer used to hide moonshine as booze is legal every where. You just proved my point for me

It's been a long time since I messed with pot, but in my younger days I did smoke home grown once in a while. It's like lite beer. Not nearly as tasty or nearly as strong. People used to get busted here trying to grow their own, but the electric company alerted authorities when somebody was using a ridiculous amount of electricity.

I personally have no desire to use pot, but I do not think laws should be based only upon things I personally use.

And it is no longer used to hide moonshine as booze is legal every where. You just proved my point for me

Nope, as I stated, they still make it and it's still around. But the point of my comment is that it was a big business at one time. As for myself, I have no desire to drink anything somebody made in their basement.

Nope, as I stated, they still make it and it's still around. But the point of my comment is that it was a big business at one time. As for myself, I have no desire to drink anything somebody made in their basement.

Yes, it was big business when booze was illegal in the US.

The so-called "War on Drugs" was a failure before it began.

Successful for the cartels, dealers, and users, the rest of us not so much.
Most anything directed by government is a failure. Why for the life of me demofks want more government

Yes, it was big business when booze was illegal in the US.

Correct, but after it's legalization again, do you suppose more people drink and have alcohol problems today or more back then? If you legalize something, it's common sense more people will use it as what's taking place in states that have legalized pot.

Correct, but after it's legalization again, do you suppose more people drink and have alcohol problems today or more back then? If you legalize something, it's common sense more people will use it as what's taking place in states that have legalized pot.

Yes, people will use pot if you make it legal, and they should be free to do so. Why do you people hate freedom so damn much?

Yes, people will use pot if you make it legal, and they should be free to do so. Why do you people hate freedom so damn much?

it doesn't bother me as long as it doesn't lead to more dangerous drugs or to associated crimes. Nobody is going to rob my house to buy pot. They will to buy opioid products legal or not. But back to my point: if you make something like pot legal then more people are going to smoke it.

Forum List

Back