A good summation…

6 pages....and all i can hear ringin' thru my pointy little gourd is.....together we stand, divided we fall......

~S~

It was a complete success for Republicans. The number of federal prisoners went up 10 fold from the time Reagan took office, until Obama undertook prison and sentencing reform in 2010. The increased population in these prisons was predominantly black and brown. The War on Drugs, "Zero Tolerance", and minimum sentencing saw blacks and Hispanics locked up in disproportionately larger numbers than white kids, even though drug use among white kids was just as high as it was for minorities. White kids mostly got let off. You couldn't ruin this nice white boy's life over a little old joint, can you?

As a bonus, those convicted of federal charges were stripped of their voting rights. I notice that Republicans are fighting tooth and claw to keep convicted felons from getting their vote back once their sentences have been completed. Isn't that "special"?

And while Republicans were busy locking up every young black male or Hispanic who smoked a joint, they decried the number of minority children growing up in single parent homes. Ding, Ding, Ding, We've hit the Republican trifecta!!! Proving minorities are less moral, more criminal, and bad parents to boot.

The right is still parroting all of Reagan's lies about "urban" life. 80% of black children do have their father in their lives. The "Welfare Queen" never existed

I challenge you to find me one story of any American of any race going to prison over smoking a joint.

The War on Drugs has been a major failure

Decriminalizing Marijuana has been successful around the country in spite of Republican objections

Not really. It influenced more illegal drug deals because government prices are so high. It led to more OVI arrests and legal drug usage in general, especially with younger people. Just because pot is legal in a state doesn't mean industry can't require drug screenings, and today, we have a lot of younger people capable of working that are not.

The only good that came from it is less people in prison for dealing high quantities and a huge tax boom for the state. As for the people, not so much.

There is PLENTY of common ground on the budget, healthcare, military, infrastructure, immigration

Conservatives just refuse to take it

There is no common ground. The Democrats want to continue to put us further and further in debt with vote buying and Republicans will not sign on to using our tax dollars to promote Democrat party power. Infrastructure to a leftist means getting rid of gas stations and putting in EV charging stations few will use, and tearing down perfectly good bridges because they deem them racist. We give a million outsiders the ability to become citizens of this country every single year and almost a million Visa's and green cards for those that want to come here and take advantage of everything we created. There is no reason to change that. The Communists want to let as many in as they can and they are changing our country. Republicans want to preserve America while the Democrats want to surrender it.

There is PLENTY of common ground on the budget, healthcare, military, infrastructure, immigration

Conservatives just refuse to take it
Lol. There is common ground on all those issues. Problem is the people are being screwed on all those issues because the ruling class is doing nothing for them.

6 pages....and all i can hear ringin' thru my pointy little gourd is.....together we stand, divided we fall......

~S~
That’s right Sparky. We are divided and we are falling, but it’s all by design.

For example, legalizing/decriminalizing drugs would be a big loss for America, yet would be considered a victory for most Dems.

Why would this be a loss for America?

How do you lose by someone else having the freedom to smoke a joint in their living room vice downing a 5th of Jack going to harm you?

Name an issue and we can discuss some common ground

The people want common ground not extremism
There is common ground on many issues, which is why the nation is a mess. The ruling class does the bidding not of the people, but of the oligarchy.

Name an issue and we can discuss some common ground

The people want common ground not extremism

Good enough: The border. There is nothing wrong with our policies now, the only problem we have now is a President that's not following them. The reason we developed a max per year was to give the current crop time to assimilate into our society, not have them bring their country here and expect us to change for them. They are turning us into a bilingual country, committing crime even up to murder, holding up our children in school because their kids don't know our language either, and bringing in drugs that contributed to the highest fentanyal deaths last year.

It was a complete success for Republicans. The number of federal prisoners went up 10 fold from the time Reagan took office, until Obama undertook prison and sentencing reform in 2010. The increased population in these prisons was predominantly black and brown. The War on Drugs, "Zero Tolerance", and minimum sentencing saw blacks and Hispanics locked up in disproportionately larger numbers than white kids, even though drug use among white kids was just as high as it was for minorities. White kids mostly got let off. You couldn't ruin this nice white boy's life over a little old joint, can you?

As a bonus, those convicted of federal charges were stripped of their voting rights. I notice that Republicans are fighting tooth and claw to keep convicted felons from getting their vote back once their sentences have been completed. Isn't that "special"?

And while Republicans were busy locking up every young black male or Hispanic who smoked a joint, they decried the number of minority children growing up in single parent homes. Ding, Ding, Ding, We've hit the Republican trifecta!!! Proving minorities are less moral, more criminal, and bad parents to boot.

The right is still parroting all of Reagan's lies about "urban" life. 80% of black children do have their father in their lives. The "Welfare Queen" never existed
I think the pendulum is swinging the other way now, don't you?

Why would this be a loss for America?

How do you lose by someone else having the freedom to smoke a joint in their living room vice downing a 5th of Jack going to harm you?
Just because you aren't aware of the damage drugs do doesn't mean there's no damage.

Just because you aren't aware of the damage drugs do doesn't mean there's no damage.

No more damage than a 5th of Jack and none of you nanny state folks are trying to get that outlawed again.

Forum List

Back